post your grado mods....
Aug 29, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #1,756 of 8,992
DUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!

Stealth mod them*the wooden circle on the inside of the cup for better resonating. But good god those a re beastly! I love the headband and the HP1000 look!! Great job. Seriously find some HP1000 drivers and slam those bad boys into those.
I'm just drooling over these by the way. Have you given any thought to brushed steal for them?

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #1,757 of 8,992
I love the way those look (except for the headband). How did you make those gimbals, they look great. I also really like the rod blocks.

Aug 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #1,758 of 8,992

Just pure ART!! amazing job on these. Just install Symphone Magnum v3.5 in those and call it perfect!!!

Quote:
Just finished modding my sr60's. I've replaced everything except the drivers and did the blue tack mod:

Aug 29, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #1,759 of 8,992
I think the headband is pretty tit's I gotta say.

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #1,760 of 8,992
Looks great, but it's propably heavy as an anvil...

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:16 AM Post #1,762 of 8,992

Quote:
Looks great, but it's propably heavy as an anvil...

Actually, they are lighter than you may expect, since the piece that holds the driver inside the cups is made of wood and weights almost nothing. But I won't lie, they sure are heavy (that's the reason why I extra padded the headband) but they don't feel uncomfortable, or at least not if you wear them for less than a couple of hours.

Quote:
I love the way those look (except for the headband). How did you make those gimbals, they look great. I also really like the rod blocks.

For those of you asking about details on how I made some of the pieces, the whole process is described at a Spanish forum:
http://www.auriculares.org/foro/index.php/topic,5912.msg69590/topicseen.html?PHPSESSID=58hiug7l39jniungm2h82hmhl7#msg69590
I know many of you don’t speak Spanish, but there’s plenty of pictures there and they are quite self explanatory (Also, I have no inconvenient in translating anything of the thread if you need it, just let me know).

Quote:
I think the headband is pretty tit's I gotta say.

Best compliment ever. Thanks mate
wink.gif

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding the metal mesh/ wire to replace the grill.  Anyone know how to get some?  Just like Alcaudon's would be perfect.

Thanks.

Take a look at the link I posted above, there you’ll find detailed information about all the materials I’ve used and where I bought them (just in case you don’t find the mesh, here’s the link): http://www.ebay.es/itm/250860923987?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #1,763 of 8,992
How much does it weigh exactly? I've always been fond of the alu look but I would never use a heavy phone. I get way too energetic sometimes when rocking out :wink:

Saludos desde Portugal

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #1,764 of 8,992
Sep 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #1,765 of 8,992

Quote:

Just pure ART!! amazing job on these. Just install Symphone Magnum v3.5 in those and call it perfect!!!
  Quote:
Just finished modding my sr60's. I've replaced everything except the drivers and did the blue tack mod:

These really are absolutely astonishing.  Call me impressed. 

If only I had access to a machining equipment....but definitely not complaining.  Glad to have my wood lathe.

I can't believe these were done to SR-60's!!!  :-O

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:42 AM Post #1,766 of 8,992
They should have better systems than Jack-and-Joe SR60 drivers...

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:06 AM Post #1,769 of 8,992
So i love my grado's. but when i wear them all day at work they really make my ears hurt. does anyone know if theres a pad from another headphone that goes around the ear? one that might fit the grado's fairly easily without looking stupid? Would an around ear pad destroy the grado sound?

Sep 13, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #1,770 of 8,992
Quote:
So i love my grado's. but when i wear them all day at work they really make my ears hurt. does anyone know if theres a pad from another headphone that goes around the ear? one that might fit the grado's fairly easily without looking stupid? Would an around ear pad destroy the grado sound?

I don't know about other pads because I only ever use the bowl pads or comfy pads. What did improve the comfort of my Grado headphones was a new set of headbands I developed for it. (sorry for not posting a SR60 but I haven't got one yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back