And matching adapter/extension cable

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...h/IMG_4275.jpg

My old pair looks good dude.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #542 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by BoilermakerFan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...try nickchen's Gradossandro MS1000 mods to the 325s

Hmm..."1000ing" slightly increases both treble & bass, I am sceptical that the 325 is a suitable proband thus (it's a MS1/MS Pro mod only IMO). Don't blame me when you end up with a satire version of some booom-ssssh Ultrasone midfi can.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #543 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm..."1000ing" slightly increases both treble & bass, I am sceptical that the 325 is a suitable proband thus (it's a MS1/MS Pro mod only IMO). Don't blame me when you end up with a satire version of some booom-ssssh Ultrasone midfi can.
tongue.gif

LOL! What does John do differently to the MS1 drivers? I wonder if I call him and ask for the MS1 drivers what he'll say?

I like your description, looks like my pad choice would make it even worse since the GS1K pads cut the highs and lows a fair amount.

Apr 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #544 of 8,988
I recently picked up a pair of gently used SR225s on EBay after I saw the Mod Cups JMoney Audio put out.

0411091207.jpg

I took me leterally 30 minutes to Modify the headphones. I think they look great and the sound was improved. Next, I have a new lamb-skin headband coming, and after that, maybe recabling.

for more info on the cups: Welcome to JMoney Audio!

And would apprieciate any info on cabling

Apr 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #545 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by ELRIC14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recently picked up a pair of gently used SR225s on EBay after I saw the Mod Cups JMoney Audio put out.

0411091207.jpg

I took me leterally 30 minutes to Modify the headphones. I think they look great and the sound was improved. Next, I have a new lamb-skin headband coming, and after that, maybe recabling.

for more info on the cups: Welcome to JMoney Audio!

And would apprieciate any info on cabling

Looks Nice, Fix your Link though.

EDIT: You musta fixed it about the time I posted. Nevermind!

Apr 11, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #547 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any increase in SQ?

Only listened to a couple songs (Before daughter grabbed the Itouch) but they seem to have a more open sound and the bass sounded a bit deeper, will listen more after daughter goes to bed!

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #549 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any increase in SQ?

Generally, the sound improvement comes from the larger, more open mesh. Just duplicating the stock diameter cups in wood really won't make a huge difference if you keep the stock screens. From what I've heard from others and a side-by-side demo of stock vs. recabled 225s, a new cable makes a big difference too.

I plan to try a little felt dampening on my 325s when I get them back from Grado and see what that does to the sound after I recable them.

Apr 18, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #550 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you dome the grills?

Probably the easiest way is to make sure you cut them over-sized, the more over-sized the mesh, the more domed it will when installed. Then use a golf ball or large "shooter" marble to press into the center of the mesh when installing it.

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #551 of 8,988
Love my modded 225's
smile.gif

IMG_1258.jpg

Apr 18, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #552 of 8,988
Anybody bold enough to open up the holes (they're semi-covered, like half transparent) in the back of the driver? I noticed it when I did the Blutack mod. If those holes were to be opened up, wouldn't that let in even more air for the transducer to push?

Apr 19, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #554 of 8,988
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody bold enough to open up the holes (they're semi-covered, like half transparent) in the back of the driver? I noticed it when I did the Blutack mod. If those holes were to be opened up, wouldn't that let in even more air for the transducer to push?

I (kind of) buckled one of my MS1 diaphragms once on occasion of getting rid of grattle, so I had to utilize those holes in order to achieve the necessary backwards access to "planish" the diaphragm (was successful). Didn't have any recognizable effect on the tone or the PRaT. I closed the holes later with gauze similar to the stock stuff for dust protection reasons, no sound effect either.

Apr 19, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #555 of 8,988
Wow, those HD 414 pads look ace. I'm hoping to get MS-1s next, so how do the yellow pads affect the sound of those headphones (if at all)? I've not heard them [MS-1], just read about them on here and how they're suitable for rock music compared to SR80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back