post your grado mods....
Mar 11, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #496 of 8,992
Canare will cost a little more and most can't really tell the difference between the ttwo. If there is any sonic differences

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #497 of 8,992
I just ordered the Canare as it was the same price as the mogami and I could order everything from the same store. Got those silver neutrik 3.5mm connectors too
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #498 of 8,992
Just read thru this thread and am interested in a Grado Woody project. The SR225's seem to be the best Woody donor drivers, is that correct? I'm talking throwing away the Cups and full Woody modz. Or is there a lower model with the same drivers?

Mar 17, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #499 of 8,992
Drivers specs are widely unknown, all the Gradessandro drivers have the same size. However, exchanging caps with a woody is all the same procedure with all non-wood Gradessandros. Psychoacoustic counted out, I didn't experience sound differences through woodying as very spectacular, hence you should choose the model you like best stock.

Mar 17, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #500 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drivers specs are widely unknown, all the Gradessandro drivers have the same size. However, exchanging caps with a woody is all the same procedure with all non-wood Gradessandros. Psychoacoustic counted out, I didn't experience sound differences through woodying as very spectacular, hence you should choose the model you like best stock.

I don't have one for a donor, so I'll just have to buy it. I don't have any way to listen to them either. That's why I said from what I've read it looks like the best donor may be a 225?

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #502 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have one for a donor, so I'll just have to buy it. I don't have any way to listen to them either. That's why I said from what I've read it looks like the best donor may be a 225?

Genre choice then IMO. If you listen to stuff with lots of oh-yeah-oh-babe that is widely dominated by distorted guitars, head for a Grado (better the SR225 than the shriller SR325). If your music covers a great variety of genres, you better take the MS1 (it's cheaper anyway and just as good).

Mar 17, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #503 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Genre choice then IMO. If you listen to stuff with lots of oh-yeah-oh-babe that is widely dominated by distorted guitars, head for a Grado (better the SR225 than the shriller SR325). If your music covers a great variety of genres, you better take the MS1 (it's cheaper anyway and just as good).

I don't know much about the Allessandros', I'll look into those thanx!

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #504 of 8,992
Just got my liberators in today, and installed them on my 225s. Man....I didn't think it could get any better.

In all honesty, I didn't use my 225s for about a month after I got them. I'm glad I've started using them again.

Now I'm just waiting on my new Neutrik plugs to replace this ****ty radioshack one, and they'll be done! I'll have pics up later.

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #506 of 8,992
You got rid of the smell with just soap and water? That's so lucky. When I used soap and water, it just combined the Grado scent with Spring Breeze. I threw it in the washing machine and the smell went away afterwards. ^^

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #508 of 8,992
Also gotta add the Liberators increased the comfort by BOUNDS. It's like night and day.

Also, I found that washing the pads with shampoo (I used Axe Body Wash actually) got rid of the smell real quick. Soap didn't work for me.

Mar 18, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #509 of 8,992
Quote:

Originally Posted by DGNeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also gotta add the Liberators increased the comfort by BOUNDS. It's like night and day.

Also, I found that washing the pads with shampoo (I used Axe Body Wash actually) got rid of the smell real quick. Soap didn't work for me.

You know what they say, "Axe get's that Skank off your Crank"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back