post your grado mods....
Dec 3, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #6,811 of 8,992

Things I'm working on these days.

Do closed cups make the phones sound closed, or is there more to it than that?

The uninstalled set is nice!

Grado drivers don't sound that great closed.

Drivers that do sound good closed are PX100ii to make a closed SennGrado or you can use a Koss KSC75 to make a StratoKosster.
For closed versions you need leather pads or the bass is too thin.

The uninstalled set is Maccasar Ebony

SennGrado
http://www.head-fi.org/t/738035/senngrado-thread

StratoKosster
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611982/the-stratokosster-a-closed-diy-headphone-based-on-the-koss-ksc-75-driver-and-grado-cup-design

Dec 3, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #6,813 of 8,992

Things I'm working on these days.

Do closed cups make the phones sound closed, or is there more to it than that?

The uninstalled set is nice!

Grado drivers don't sound that great closed.

Drivers that do sound good closed are PX100ii to make a closed SennGrado or you can use a Koss KSC75 to make a StratoKosster.
For closed versions you need leather pads or the bass is too thin.

The uninstalled set is Maccasar Ebony

SennGrado
http://www.head-fi.org/t/738035/senngrado-thread

StratoKosster
http://www.head-fi.org/t/611982/the-stratokosster-a-closed-diy-headphone-based-on-the-koss-ksc-75-driver-and-grado-cup-design

Ahhh, of course. Different drivers.

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #6,814 of 8,992
i have a wanted post in the FS forum, but i'm looking for a pair of wood cups to house some sr80i drivers...something relatively cheap. if someone here has a pair they'd like to sell or trade, please let me know...thanks!

Dec 4, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #6,815 of 8,992
just a simple recable of some sr60s that i was able to pick up...not great like most of the other mods people have been posting, though...what's interesting is that the drivers are a little different in both of these sr60s. one has black cloth that makes it look pinkish and one has white cloth. these are both pretty good for portable use...the blue one with the viablue plug is pretty portable...

Dec 6, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #6,817 of 8,992
I have a set of Grado SR125e headphones that I'm thinking about recabling. I read somewhere that Grado started using a different adhesive on the E-Series to hold the driver housing together. Is there anything special I should know about recabling a set of E-Series SR Grados? Or is it just the standard heat gun, pull apart procedure? Also, what adhesive should I be using to reassemble the driver housing? Or do I just heat it up again and put it back together?

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #6,818 of 8,992
  I have a set of Grado SR125e headphones that I'm thinking about recabling. I read somewhere that Grado started using a different adhesive on the E-Series to hold the driver housing together. Is there anything special I should know about recabling a set of E-Series SR Grados? Or is it just the standard heat gun, pull apart procedure? Also, what adhesive should I be using to reassemble the driver housing? Or do I just heat it up again and put it back together?

I never owed an "e" series Grado but I think it will be the same way as before.
BTW if you recable your SR125e and want to sell the OEM Grado cable , please let me know cause last night I accidentally cutted the cable of my HF2 right after the Y splitter :frowning2:

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #6,820 of 8,992

Mahogany cups, made with hole saws. Up next: Cable mod, probably silver. Still need to do the vent mod and dampening mod, but I'm not really sure if I need to yet.

Dec 14, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #6,822 of 8,992

- Cheapo Headband from my storage :D I buy it for 4 USD on 2007 or 2008, cant remember

Looks like it's a version of the KonoAudio Retro.

Also, 7keys you do bomb ***** work, those are so sweet.

Dec 17, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #6,824 of 8,992
Hey friends, I'm taking on a new project to carve some wood cups for my T50RPs. I'm still doing work on my Grados too, don't worry. But does anyone have a guess as to what kind of wood is used in this pair? 

I was thinking it might be Ziricote, but it doesn't look dark enough. It looks similar to what @7keys just posted. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back