post your grado mods....
Jul 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #5,116 of 8,992
  I'm sure we could work out some kind of trade.
beerchug.gif

Hey, are you interested in getting in on the loaner program of the woodied Senn PX100 that Joedoe and I are collaborating on?

I am interested BUT my schedule is pretty bad at the moment... so maybe in the later rounds I'll give it a go.

Would you like another cable? It will be awhile because of work and the fact that I just moved... maybe a nice silver braided cable?

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #5,118 of 8,992
  Does anyone know how to get the Grado number button off the grill?
Thanks!

Some people reported removing the button from the original series without damaging the grill, likewise, they could remove the grill without much hassle. I suggest you to take your time and try from the inside of the cup et Merde! en tout cas. 
The i series comes with the button and grill fused to the plastic. 

Jul 13, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #5,119 of 8,992
Does anyone know how to get the Grado number button off the grill?
Thanks!

You can heat it and pull it off rather easily, however the remaining glue is the problem. It takes some work but, lighter fluid and a tooth brush did the trick for me.

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #5,122 of 8,992
Indonesian Wood

Indonesian red mahogany

spalted wood

Grado Sr80i with Indian rosewood wood cup

spalted wood cup

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #5,124 of 8,992
the stick tak mod is great! just fill the whole chamber and it really refines stuff!

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #5,125 of 8,992
Ok so I need to find a way to remove some SR225i drivers from their cups and hopefully do so without damaging A) the drivers and B) the original cups. I have already separated the housings. I have removed the zip-tie that holds the cable in place in the cup. I'm about to desolder the cable so I can slip it out of the cups. 

I have see videos that show people cutting their housings to get the drivers out. But I also know there are some people that have a method of driver removal that doesn't damage either the driver or the cup. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Jul 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #5,126 of 8,992
Ok so I need to find a way to remove some SR225i drivers from their cups and hopefully do so without damaging A) the drivers and B) the original cups. I have already separated the housings. I have removed the zip-tie that holds the cable in place in the cup. I'm about to desolder the cable so I can slip it out of the cups. 

I have see videos that show people cutting their housings to get the drivers out. But I also know there are some people that have a method of driver removal that doesn't damage either the driver or the cup. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Basically, there's the "saw the driver out of the sleeve" method, or the "spoon it out" method. Both of them will effectively waste the sleeve as it is made to be permanently attached

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #5,127 of 8,992
Ok well drivers have been successfully liberated. It's interesting that the ring that holds the driver on the I and E series has an extender. I was not expecting that.

Jul 15, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #5,129 of 8,992
Right now I'm needing to make a decision... whether or not to remove the SR225 badges from the original grills and put them on the new grills in the new cups. If I'm going to do this, then I should probably do it now before I solder the cable back to the drivers and mount to drivers in the new cups.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #5,130 of 8,992
Introducing the Custom Grado GS225i

DAMN they sound good!
Now I just need to find the right color leather headband to go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back