post your grado mods....
Jun 19, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,196 of 8,992
Quote:
Here have a look at the evs link.
They only cost $30 can dollars and they really enhance the sound .
Well now I have enough to make three sets.

Think you forgot the link 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,198 of 8,992
Those vibros cups look nice. I'm speaking to a paint man tomorrow as they can mix paint and put it in a spray can for you,I'm getting some higher gloss lacquer and I thought I may put a metallic finish on a pair and see how they come out,

Jun 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #3,200 of 8,992
Quote:

7keys or uglyjoe, if one of you felt inclined to send me some cups I would more than happily pay shipping and some extra and love you forever! I would also post pics and a review as soon as I put them on and listened to them 
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll tell you what......Whoever is the first person to PM me tomorrow at noon EST I'll send a set of cups. I'll go by the time stamp to decide who's first. Anyone can win so if you're a lurker sign up to win.

The black cherry cups don't have a hole for the cable and also are not fitted for the driver...so you'll have to do some sanding. You'll also have to do a hairdryer mod to fit them to your Grado headband.

Cups only!

The winner can take their pick between these two cups.

Good Luck!

Jun 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #3,206 of 8,992
Quote:
I did offer some one on here some cups finished with grills for trade but after a think his wife said no
So I've put some on eBay for sale.
Once I've got my lathe ill prob chuck a few free ones out there

There's a reason she said no...

I just got these cups and aluminum hardware, and a real leather headband... she's not happy with my spending lol (sorry for the crap cell phone pics)

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,207 of 8,992
I bring even crappier cellphone pics
very_evil_smiley.gif
from an iPhun 3gs:

We both punched two holes in each driver. Had a great time! Our faces when we IMMEDIATLEY heard the difference (test songs were: 1.) Metallica-And Justice For All... 2.) Yes- Close To The Edge, and 3.) Rush- La Villa Strangiato) sorta went like a mix of
eek.gif
and
gs1000.gif
and some
beerchug.gif
and a tiny bit of
confused.gif
as to how our Grados could've gotten any better. RECOMMEND THIS MOD X10

Jun 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #3,208 of 8,992
Also, if y'all are willing to give away damaged cups (chipped or something), me and my friend would be very happy recipients! :D

-edit- just saw the contest, looking forward to it 7keys! Great looking cups man. The offer about damaged cups still stands though :wink:

Jun 20, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3,210 of 8,992
Ok I've found some cups to give away but you need to pay for postage.
Please pm me and give me your best reason for having a set and ill post the best 2 answers on here.
The dead line is 24 hours from now
Have fun.
I'll put pics up later
I hope this gets some ppl started on a road to fun and modding hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back