Portable Mini-to-Mini Cables Quick Impressions
Sep 8, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #106 of 136
You might check the AudioMinor store on Ebay.  I've purchased several of his connectors, and they have always been low cost and very good quality cables. IMO.. I'm using an Uber interconnect and compared to an SPC AudioMinor interconnect I have, the SQ difference is very slight.

Hi fiascogarcia, may I know if your are referring to the SPC Colour Cyroed from Audio Minor eBay listing. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #107 of 136
Hi fiascogarcia, may I know if your are referring to the SPC Colour Cyroed from Audio Minor eBay listing. Thanks.

This is the one I have, but I think he also has a pure silver, which I have not tried.  I'm currently using this one to connect my Dragonfly to a portable amp when using the laptop to play music.  Connectors are on the larger size, but have given me no problem at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251295719307?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sep 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #108 of 136
  This is the one I have, but I think he also has a pure silver, which I have not tried.  I'm currently using this one to connect my Dragonfly to a portable amp when using the laptop to play music.  Connectors are on the larger size, but have given me no problem at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251295719307?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

What you have right there is on another level compares to what I ordered. Btw, very nice rig. I ordered  the SPC Colour which is not the one you have but instead of 3 cable braided, I opted for quad braid and it's on it's way to me now. Hope the price/performance is good for what I paid for. Now, I really feel I should have jumped for the one you order, haha. But the time will come.

Thanks for your feedback fiascogarcia, appreciate it. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #109 of 136
  What you have right there is on another level compares to what I ordered. Btw, very nice rig. I ordered  the SPC Colour which is not the one you have but instead of 3 cable braided, I opted for quad braid and it's on it's way to me now. Hope the price/performance is good for what I paid for. Now, I really feel I should have jumped for the one you order, haha. But the time will come.

Thanks for your feedback fiascogarcia, appreciate it. 

You're so welcome!  Like I've said before, IMO the cables don't make a huge sonic difference, so I mostly buy for aesthetics and quality of construction. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #111 of 136

I do. In fact I owe Ken Ball a review of his mini-2-mini which he sent to me a few months back. It's the same mini-2-mini in this :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/615#post_10149607

I'm slowing down in my reviews though 'cos of this silly tinnitus thing I've got. May be psychological as last weekend's hearing tests showed that my hearing hasn't changed in 2 years however something is bugging me that's made it difficult to do any reviews.

See! Your tinnitus is from listening too much to the most pure silver 'zing', everything in moderation. 
wink_face.gif

I'm saying that selection of cable is all about synergy with that which it connects, the better the synergy the more enjoyable the whole system is to listen to.

Obviously aesthetics are by far the most important aspect of any cable. That's why I use purple.

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #114 of 136
Sorry if this is necro, as the last post was two months ago.
I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm pretty fascinated, but confused. Obviously these are cables, and short ones for portable amps and such. I have always believed cables dont make a difference, but the first post described how different each one made the sound change. What makes these special to influence sound so much, and so expensive? I think they look way different than normal sleeved cables, is it for looks or are the exposed cables done so for a purpose?

Can anyone explain our introduce me to these cables? Thanks

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #115 of 136
I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm pretty fascinated, but confused. Obviously these are cables, and short ones for portable amps and such. I have always believed cables dont make a difference, but the first post described how different each one made the sound change. What makes these special to influence sound so much, and so expensive? I think they look way different than normal sleeved cables, is it for looks or are the exposed cables done so for a purpose?

You're not too far off.  Aside from the technologies of the cable construction, sleeving materials are also different from cable to cable.  They can influence the tonality of the overall system, but the changes are very subtle, in my opinion.  Best bet, to me, is to get phones, DAP, DAC, amp, etc., that are of a quality you enjoy, then get cables when you want to enjoy an extravagance or aesthetic improvement to your system.  Again, IMO!

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #116 of 136

Originally Posted by fiascogarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're not too far off.  Aside from the technologies of the cable construction, sleeving materials are also different from cable to cable.  They can influence the tonality of the overall system, but the changes are very subtle, in my opinion.  Best bet, to me, is to get phones, DAP, DAC, amp, etc., that are of a quality you enjoy, then get cables when you want to enjoy an extravagance or aesthetic improvement to your system.  Again, IMO!

Agreed. As such despite me kicking off this thread (and I still do intend to continue as I have a new ALO ribbon cable to review), I wrote this :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668330/portable-mini-to-mini-cables-quick-impressions#post_9532857

Dec 14, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #117 of 136

Agreed. As such despite me kicking off this thread (and I still do intend to continue as I have a new ALO ribbon cable to review), I wrote this :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/668330/portable-mini-to-mini-cables-quick-impressions#post_9532857

I know, and still these cable pique my interest! 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #118 of 136
Wow, such small, yet expensive little cables. Welp, whenever the day comes that I get the funds to really audiophile it out, or erm "head-fi" it out, I will buy all of my dream equipment and move on from being an amateur, aspiring audiophile. :p

Dec 31, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #120 of 136
Has anyone tried this silver plated OCC 3.5 cable?

Below is the image:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDc1MA==/z/WxAAAOxyni9TDxOx/$_2.JPG

How it compare to Tralucent Uber 3.5 mm cable?

May I know if Tralucent Uber 3.5 mm cable has the best detail and sound stage among the cables that discussed in this thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back