Portable Mini-to-Mini Cables Quick Impressions

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10
Next

Last
  1. fiascogarcia

Under the "Equipment Forum", you will find "sound science", which you might enjoy.  Welcome to Head-Fi!

2. kleefurd
    Thank you for the welcome. I will swing by there and learn about sound all over again from the hi-fiers. It is indeed an interesting world. To audio professionals, this is almost like a parallel universe.

3. fiascogarcia

True points all!  I admit I succumbed to the upgrade bug. Here are my crazy expensive cables, impulse buys I confess!

DSCN1250.jpg

4. fiascogarcia
    I'm sure from your perspective, the science part will, at times, get a little sketchy!

5. kleefurd
    Read a couple of threads and these guys have a unique perspective.  :)

But the thing is, everyone's hearing is different, and sound preference is subjective, so there is no right and no wrong at all in every individual's music preference and taste. Just the physics part and the application, the people who consume music and the people making them look at things very differently.

6. zachchen1996

How are the Crystal Connect Micro & Siltech Duchess compared to the Tralucent Uber?

7. AnakChan Moderator
    Mate, I can't even remember this morning let alone last year :wink:. Sadly I've returned some of the cables to the makers as they were loaners.

8. zachchen1996

Oh hahaha
    Do you still plan on doing more cable comparisons in the future?
    I'd be willing to send you some for comparison purposes. (Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus)

9. AnakChan Moderator

I do. In fact I owe Ken Ball a review of his mini-2-mini which he sent to me a few months back. It's the same mini-2-mini in this :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/697166/the-astell-kern-ak240/615#post_10149607

I'm slowing down in my reviews though 'cos of this silly tinnitus thing I've got. May be psychological as last weekend's hearing tests showed that my hearing hasn't changed in 2 years however something is bugging me that's made it difficult to do any reviews.

10. zachchen1996

Wow that cable is huge hahaha
    Hope you get better soon!

After I get the cc dreamline plus re-terminated I'll let you know.

11. Strumento
    Is there another link for the custom art silverline? It is not working. Hope that it is not out of production. 

12. AnakChan Moderator
    I must say I've lost touch with Peter & going to his site now he makes IEMs too! I'd recommend you to drop him a mail through his website to ask about the SilverLine if is still in production.

13. Strumento
    I have checked.  Unfortunately they replied it is no longer in production.

Are there any other reasonably priced silver interconnect cables to complement my e-Q8?  Don't feel like paying more than 100 bucks for a mini...

14. fiascogarcia
    You might check the AudioMinor store on Ebay.  I've purchased several of his connectors, and they have always been low cost and very good quality cables. IMO.. I'm using an Uber interconnect and compared to an SPC AudioMinor interconnect I have, the SQ difference is very slight.

15. Strumento

Neat! Good value thanks!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10
Next

Last