Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 11, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #6,603 of 37,599
Between the guy with 35 portable amps and a dozen DACs and the dude with a gold LOD, portable Head-Fi has clearly segued into an arms race mentality.

I can't wait for the guy with a hundred amps and titanium LODs.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #6,605 of 37,599
I shared this pix in the Analog Squared Paper thread, and thought I may as well share it here too :-

AK120, Mezzo Soprano mini2mini, Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 (new leather case arrived this evening), Tralucent silver cables, FitEar MH335DW

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #6,606 of 37,599
I shared this pix in the Analog Squared Paper thread, and thought I may as well share it here too :-

AK120, Mezzo Soprano mini2mini, Analog Squared Paper TUR-06 (new leather case arrived this evening), Tralucent silver cables, FitEar MH335DW

Wow looks very cool rigs Sean
How is the Tralucent silver cable compare to 000 cable for fit ear MH 335 DW ?
Mezzo Soprano mini2mini look like silver cable too ?
Is the SQ from TU 96 a bit warm , that you put silver cable ?
Thank you

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #6,607 of 37,599
Wow looks very cool rigs Sean
How is the Tralucent silver cable compare to 000 cable for fit ear MH 335 DW ?
Mezzo Soprano mini2mini look like silver cable too ?
Is the SQ from TU 96 a bit warm , that you put silver cable ?
Thank you

Funny that you ask about the warmth. You're right that this isn't my ideal setup as the TUR-06 (to me) has a bass thump emphasis and the 335 is already quite warm, despite the Tralucent Silver cable. The SigDJ (despite being bassy) does seem to benefit from the TUR-06 thump, as well as the KEF M500.

I think the Mezzo Soprano is silver. I keep asking Phanom and I also keep forgetting :D. As for the Tralucent Silver cable though, I wrote my thoughts here on the FitEar CIEM page.

Sep 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #6,608 of 37,599
Hi Sean

What I mean like my home tube pre ampT+A P 10.2 , is to warm or like wa6 se is not to warm for the tube amp .

I try to find after market cable fro my MH 335 DW that can open up the high for me:D

I have alo cable and Fit Ear 000 cable , they haven't make to my taste .i like the SQ from 1+2 for the high

I heard C 435 has better detail and more sparkle in high than MH 335 DW , is that right Sean ?

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #6,610 of 37,599
Hi Sean

What I mean like my home tube pre ampT+A P 10.2 , is to warm or like wa6 se is not to warm for the tube amp .

I try to find after market cable fro my MH 335 DW that can open up the high for me:D

I have alo cable and Fit Ear 000 cable , they haven't make to my taste .i like the SQ from 1+2 for the high

I heard C 435 has better detail and more sparkle in high than MH 335 DW , is that right Sean ?

I don't actually have enough experience with the 435 to comment unfortunately. I tried it so long ago and many other IEMs in between that time till now that I can't remember what the 435 sounded like. I hope to meet VisceriousZERO later this week and should be able to compare his Whiplashes with my borrowed Tralucents.

Sep 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #6,611 of 37,599

Very nice, very nice indeed AnakChan. 

Sep 12, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #6,612 of 37,599
  Between the guy with 35 portable amps and a dozen DACs and the dude with a gold LOD, portable Head-Fi has clearly segued into an arms race mentality.

I can't wait for the guy with a hundred amps and titanium LODs.

How could it possibly be an arm race with a DIY LOD cost 12 bucks? Speaking of amps, I probably had more than 100 in the past but those were one-time disposable ones.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:11 AM Post #6,613 of 37,599
How could it possibly be an arm race with a DIY LOD cost 12 bucks? Speaking of amps, I probably had more than 100 in the past but those were one-time disposable ones.

I think this fellow is under the impression it's PURE gold in that LOD? You're meaning it's silver wire with only 1% gold - I'm guessing that's what you used correct me if I'm wrong. That wire is reasonable, not arms race stuff.

What exactly do you mean by "one-time disposable" amplifiers? Lost me there.

Dude if you're tossing amplifiers after one use, maybe you've got the $$$ for pure gold wire. Haha. And a Bentley or two.

Sep 12, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #6,614 of 37,599
I think this fellow is under the impression it's PURE gold in that LOD? You're meaning it's silver wire with only 1% gold - I'm guessing that's what you used correct me if I'm wrong. That wire is reasonable, not arms race stuff.

What exactly do you mean by "one-time disposable" amplifiers? Lost me there.

Dude if you're tossing amplifiers after one use, maybe you've got the $$$ for pure gold wire. Haha. And a Bentley or two.

Haha my friend that's a joke.
wink_face.gif

I was getting tired of using the Viablue's over and again, so I bought this 6 bucks gold plated plug from a local Radioshack the other day. Your are correct the silver/gold wires are from Qables.

arms race? LOL. Now if you want a basketball race, count me in! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back