Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Sep 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #6,616 of 37,435
Sep 12, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #6,617 of 37,435
popcorn.gif

Spiral Ear SE5 and Studio V 3rd ANV.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #6,619 of 37,435
I remember having a Sansa Fuze+. The sound was a slight improvement over the first gen Fuze. It seemed to have a bit more power as well. The UI was really bad though when you add a lot of music. Did they ever fix that? I was bitching up a storm but never got anywhere with them. So I sold it off to a friend.

Sep 12, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #6,620 of 37,435
  I remember having a Sansa Fuze+. The sound was a slight improvement over the first gen Fuze. It seemed to have a bit more power as well. The UI was really bad though when you add a lot of music. Did they ever fix that? I was bitching up a storm but never got anywhere with them. So I sold it off to a friend.

I haven't add more than 8GB of music so I don't know, but for some reason it doesn't display my flac files correctly, luckily rockbox fix that. Personally I prefer the old Fuze over the Fuze +.

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #6,621 of 37,435

I haven't add more than 8GB of music so I don't know, but for some reason it doesn't display my flac files correctly, luckily rockbox fix that. Personally I prefer the old Fuze over the Fuze +.

Oh so it has rockbox. That alone probably fixed the issues with slow playback with multiple files.

Regarding your flac files possibly try change the tagging. Maybe it needs IDv3.2 tags to properly show info. I needed to use this particular tag to get album art to show up for mp3s on the DX100. Not that it applies to your situation. But maybe worth a try. I actually had issues with my music files on my Sansa Fuze until I properly cleaned the tags removing the junk and applied ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 tags. This was when I was using mp3 though so not sure if that specific setting is applicable to FLAC. But I know FLAC can carry the 2.3 tagging so it's possible. Once I did all the above the Fuze would finish scanning within 5 minutes opposed to 15+ minutes with well over 3,000 songs.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #6,622 of 37,435
All my flac are tagged with Mp3tag and none of my other players have any problems with it. But it doesn't matter since rockbox fixed all issues I had with the stock firmware.

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6,624 of 37,435
I wonder if Rockbox can ever be bested. It's probably the best UI I've encountered for a portable music player.

Probably not. The fact that it's open source means that it is constantly being improved by people who are using it actively. That's a hard system to best.

Sep 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #6,625 of 37,435
Probably only by Apple and even then there are cons such as being limited on what you can do to the device due to their proprietary nature.

Sep 12, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #6,628 of 37,435
Those flat-4s don't look very comfortable - they look like beer steins with the handle thingies (that seem to serve no purpose). I assume that I'm wrong about the comfort.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #6,629 of 37,435
  Those flat-4s don't look very comfortable - they look like beer steins with the handle thingies (that seem to serve no purpose). I assume that I'm wrong about the comfort.

When I wore them down comfort was an issue with the housing hurting an area inside my ears. The comply tips did help in this regards but at the expense of the sound IMO. My solution is to wear them over ear. Most of the IEM in this case sits inside my ear opposed to sitting outside when you wear them down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back