Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Feb 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #1,802 of 37,678
Quote:
Just curious, how often do most head-fiers clean their rigs?
I usually use damped towel to wipe iem n headphones every week, alcohol on q-tips to clean amps n dap every month.

As far as headphones go, the pads get wiped off with an alcohol wipe every once and a while and my iem tips get wiped off when I notice they're dirty but I don't have super oily or waxy ears so this again isn't done very often.

My speaker set, up including my receiver (and just around my desk really), gets dusted about every other week or so.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,803 of 37,678
Hi Sean 

i have introduce TU 05 from analog paper square in head fi , now Ian has already owned 
TU 05 , he is the first head fier owned TU 05
congrats Ian 

You're quick :). They're showing this at the Fujiya portable festival next weekend & you have one already :).

First time in my life I beat anyone else to the head of the line :D Thanks to Rudi! I hope you get a chance to listen to it Anak, it is an excellent amplifier and I am very pleased with my decision in purchasing it. Tube roll the thing with some NOS Mullards and it just gets even better!

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,804 of 37,678
Quote:
First time in my life I beat anyone else to the head of the line
biggrin.gif
Thanks to Rudi! I hope you get a chance to listen to it Anak, it is an excellent amplifier and I am very pleased with my decision in purchasing it. Tube roll the thing with some NOS Mullards and it just gets even better!

I'll probably be trying the TUR-06 at the show but will see if they have the TU-05 too :-

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/blog/?p=8421

I knew about Analog2P but didn't realise that it made it to Head-Fi :D.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,808 of 37,678
Feb 1, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #1,809 of 37,678
Quote:
Just curious, how often do most head-fiers clean their rigs?
I usually use damped towel to wipe iem n headphones every week, alcohol on q-tips to clean amps n dap every month.

Yeah, whenever I notice my Complys are dirty, I'll wipe them off. Never had a big issue with keeping my amp/dap clean. Once I go to a desktop model I'll likely have to dust every once in a while. You cleaning the exterior? Or the ports?

Feb 1, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #1,810 of 37,678
Quote:

My inner-metalhead wants to stab you in the throat, my outer music lover says that everyone is entitled to like what they want regardless of an artist's integrity, skill, attitude or creativity.

Feb 1, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1,812 of 37,678
Quote:

Shame I cant run this through the E17 :frowning2: 
But hey ho, Its still ok as a round the house media rig lol. :)

Just get a really tough looking Man purse for the tablet!  
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,814 of 37,678
My mobile rig is taking on a life of its own. I just received the new CLAS db today and I have to say I'm enjoying this DAC

Pictured above V-MODA M-100 headphone, iPod 160 GB 7th Gen, CLAS -db DAC, ALO RX MKII amp, Leckerton UHA-6S MKII amp and Leckerton UHA-4 amp. I got over 2000 bones USD lying there in that picture an I'm still waiting on my Heir Audio 4A Customs which is another 700 bones. I'm dreading whats going to happen to my savings when I start experimenting with balanced amps. Thanks for making me a poor man Head-Fi.

Feb 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #1,815 of 37,678
Quote:
My mobile rig is taking on a life of its own. I just received the new CLAS db today and I have to say I'm enjoying this DAC

Pictured above V-MODA M-100 headphone, iPod 160 GB 7th Gen, CLAS -db DAC, ALO RX MKII amp, Leckerton UHA-6S MKII amp and Leckerton UHA-4 amp. I got over 2000 bones USD lying there in that picture an I'm still waiting on my Heir Audio 4A Customs which is another 700 bones. I'm dreading whats going to happen to my savings when I start experimenting with balanced amps. Thanks for making me a poor man Head-Fi.

Nice family photo:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back