Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #3,571 of 7,509

Quote:
I am so close to getting the iPhone 4S, but I have been holding back due to the battery issues that some people have reported. Have you had any problems with yours ?

This looks awesome ! how did you get hold of the E17 ? are they available to purchase now ?

no sorry. they are rare to get a hold of right now :D i feel spwecial :D they will be mass availble in about 2 months during the time between the third to fourth batch...u will have more luck in 4th probably if you don't like to fight. you may have chance in thrid batch. anybody willing to pre order and get it shipped from china it is availble at mp4nation. the people that are willing and like to pre order have already done so. first american sold no pre order batch sold out in 7 hours...every american fiio distro did. 2nd batch is still availble for preorder on mp4nation. but again. like i said. most don't like pre ordering. me included and anybody willing to already has. the hype is heavy and many want it in the E17 thread. time window to getting these when they arrive in america mid feb to late feb...is very short.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #3,572 of 7,509
My Sony ZX-700s and Fiio E11 should both be here by the end of the week, I'll be sure to post a pic when they arrive 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #3,573 of 7,509
Since I got a couple of PM questions how the Clip+ & E17 look together - here you go...
Please don't mind the horrible lighting and camera :wink:
All buttons of the Clip+ are functional, even with the rubberband - I mainly use playlists, so the restriction of the screen doesn't really bother me.
Although this setup sounds pretty damn good, I wont use it that way. Makes no sense using a "big" amp with such a small player.
So in reality it will be either: Ipod Classic & E17/Arrow or Clip+ & Fiio E6.

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #3,574 of 7,509

Quote:
Since I got a couple of PM questions how the Clip+ & E17 look together - here you go...
All buttons of the Clip+ are functional, even with the rubberband - I mainly use playlists, so the restriction of the screen doesn't really bother me.

those iem cablings look great :D i don't really like the way the clip+ looks on really any amp or device. it looks just very very very awkard :/ glad you were able to secure your place in getting an E17! :D if possible would you please come to the
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought/1200#post_8123249
E17 thread and post your impressions with the IEM's and what not. many have iem's and are still wondering exactly how it works with E17. things like overal conclusion. price to performance stuff like that. and the pictures. we love pictures :D

Thank you. it's ok if you don't either. just seeing if you can

Feb 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #3,575 of 7,509

Quote:

Nice rig you have there :) How would it sound, if you plug in the DT1350?

Feb 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #3,576 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice rig you have there :) How would it sound, if you plug in the DT1350?

Thank you, I knew someone would ask about the 1350's :wink:

I didn't really use the dt 1350 in this specific setup yet, but as far as pairing them with the E17 - I absolutely love it.
It adds that little bit to the mids of the 1350 (while not taking anything away from the clarity), that I sometimes tend to miss and makes an absolutely perfect compliment to them (even more so than the Headstage Arrow which I also have). Only downside, but that is somewhat specific to me, is that the E17 tightens up the bass a little bit to much. It's not muddy or anything, don't get me wrong, but I tend to put the bass section on the E17 on -2 when pairing it with the dt 1350. But that has more to do with me being the total opposite of a basshead, than the E17 changing anything for the worse.

Quote:
those iem cablings look great :D i don't really like the way the clip+ looks on really any amp or device. it looks just very very very awkard :/ glad you were able to secure your place in getting an E17! :D if possible would you please come to the
http://www.head-fi.org/t/587912/fiio-e17-alpen-first-impression-final-thought/1200#post_8123249
E17 thread and post your impressions with the IEM's and what not. many have iem's and are still wondering exactly how it works with E17. things like overal conclusion. price to performance stuff like that. and the pictures. we love pictures :D

Thank you. it's ok if you don't either. just seeing if you can

I already planned to make an impression/review post in this thread - unfortunately I haven't found the time yet to go through all my headphones and sources. If I do, I will definitely write my thoughts down.

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:44 AM Post #3,578 of 7,509

Quote:
Thank you, I knew someone would ask about the 1350's :wink:

I didn't really use the dt 1350 in this specific setup yet, but as far as pairing them with the E17 - I absolutely love it.
It adds that little bit to the mids of the 1350 (while not taking anything away from the clarity), that I sometimes tend to miss and makes an absolutely perfect compliment to them (even more so than the Headstage Arrow which I also have). Only downside, but that is somewhat specific to me, is that the E17 tightens up the bass a little bit to much. It's not muddy or anything, don't get me wrong, but I tend to put the bass section on the E17 on -2 when pairing it with the dt 1350. But that has more to do with me being the total opposite of a basshead, than the E17 changing anything for the worse.

I already planned to make an impression/review post in this thread - unfortunately I haven't found the time yet to go through all my headphones and sources. If I do, I will definitely write my thoughts down.

Thank you for your reply :) I still wait for the second batch of E17s from mp4nation to be shipped. That is quite interesting what you say. To me (compared to the ES10) the DT1350 are a little bass-shy, unless you sit in a quiet room, to be able to recognize how deep the DT1350 bass can actually go... => with the bass-section at 0 => the E17 would increase the DT1350 bass-quantity

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #3,579 of 7,509
I'm trying to find myself a cheap pair of used dt1350 on FS forum atm. Guess the synergy you described is a good news for me, except I need to find someone willing to sell me those babies...

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #3,581 of 7,509

Quote:
I'm trying to find myself a cheap pair of used dt1350 on FS forum atm. Guess the synergy you described is a good news for me, except I need to find someone willing to sell me those babies...

im also starting to look at getting stuff used nowadays. how much do you think the DT1350's will go for used? sorry. don't have much time right now to look up

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #3,582 of 7,509
I have not seen used 1350's for less than $200. 

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #3,584 of 7,509
Most of us treat equipment well - keep boxes, warranty information, known usage, etc. You are paying a premium for some assurances. Putting it down at the same price as the HD25-1 ii and M80 new, makes it a pretty attractive price point for me. I'm having a hard time not getting them when I see them around there (other higher priorities first). 

Feb 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #3,585 of 7,509

Quote:

hmm wish it was a bit cheaper really :/ the stuff on head fi still sell for a pretty high price with usualy just a 33% markdown from new :/

the DT1350 is pretty new so a 1/3 markdown or less is about right. something much older with more wear on it might get a 40 to 50% knockdown.

heck, for some newer, popular headphones like the LCD2, you see them sell used at 800 sometimes. only 20% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back