Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 8, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #3,602 of 7,509

Quote:
Added UE Triplefi 10 and an iBasso D-Zero to the mix. Now I need some silicone bands, comply tips for the S4s and I can then save up for my next round of upgrades. Well, after a new cable for the TF10. Don't like the stock cable. Any idea where I can get the adapters that plug into the headphones so I can make my own cables?

Ever thought about using rubber O rings instead of silicone bands? Works pretty well IMO. And they are cheaper.

You can get the TF10 connectors here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-New-UE-pins-Connector-Plug-Shell-and-Spilter-Black-/320845487705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab3e19e59

I used them a couple of times. Delivery is pretty quick.

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #3,603 of 7,509

Quote:
Since I got a couple of PM questions how the Clip+ & E17 look together - here you go...
Please don't mind the horrible lighting and camera :wink:
All buttons of the Clip+ are functional, even with the rubberband - I mainly use playlists, so the restriction of the screen doesn't really bother me.
Although this setup sounds pretty damn good, I wont use it that way. Makes no sense using a "big" amp with such a small player.
So in reality it will be either: Ipod Classic & E17/Arrow or Clip+ & Fiio E6.

you could use UHU Patafix double side glue pads to affix your devices.
could be purchased in any DIY store.
http://www.uhu.com/en/products/glue-pads.html

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #3,607 of 7,509

Quote:
Finally finished my portable rig!

Spotify/MP3 320 > Digizoid Zo1 > Ultrasone HFI-580 w/ Pearstone Velour Pads

Sorry for bad pics: (I'll post more later)

How are the velour pads?

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #3,609 of 7,509
What are they?

Quote:
Why would you sell something so beautiful?! :frowning2: I wish I had the money to buy them from you, always wanted them.

Feb 8, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #3,610 of 7,509
Feb 9, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #3,611 of 7,509

Quote:
My portable rig is now 99% complete:

Unique Melody Merlin (interchangeable with Westone 4 for commuting), iPod Classic 160GB, Headstage Arrow 12HE 4G and FiiO L9/silicone bands. All I need now is an aesthetically attractive case for the iPod and I'm happy for the forseeable future. And maybe an iPhone-compatible cable for the Merlins with as much capability as the ones Klipsch have on the X10i.

Looks heavenly...a portable setup can't get much better than that imo.

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #3,614 of 7,509
"Fresh" in from japan today, a new item for my vintage collection. Teac HP-100s
 think I'm done with buying vintage cans until I get a job (going to get a mint cond. SE-L40 and SE-500/700s one day). Next cans will [hopefully] be new Ficher audio FA-011s

They came with a good collection of dirt in them, which was surprising but after being cleaned up a bit they sound pretty good, as good as to be expected for `$20. 
Just need a new cable and to fix the headband up (its been squashed out of shape)

As always, excuse the quality, phone camera

Users who are viewing this thread

Back