Pictures Of Your Portable Rig (part XV)
Feb 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #3,556 of 7,509
And you thought you got funny looks from people, with your Shure 840s? Well...

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #3,557 of 7,509
Good lord. What are you using to power those suckers in a portable rig? Just the iPod? And would you like me to make you an adapter cable, rather than the nightmare of alligator clips you have going on (3.5trs to 4 pin xlr female)

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #3,558 of 7,509
Yep
biggrin.gif

Or, well. It can drive them at a comforable level for listening indoors, but  if i need it a bit louder i use my SR71b. I just did it to have good laugh, seeing peoples reactions on the street
duggehsmile.png

But yea, i considered making an adapter, but since I'm selling my K1000, i didnt :)
Quote:
Good lord. What are you using to power those suckers in a portable rig? Just the iPod? And would you like me to make you an adapter cable, rather than the nightmare of alligator clips you have going on?

Feb 5, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #3,559 of 7,509

Love those! Very industrial looking - Diesel Punk all the way!
Quote:
Yay for homemade grado clip-ons! I was bored and found some grado-lookalike drivers in a junk box...A bit of braiding, soldering and heatshrinking, and voi-la! ^^

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #3,560 of 7,509
Ok a few changes, replaced the arrow 2.2g with a pico slim and bought a new low profile LOD. The slim has no interference at all from the iphone 4s, yay!
Iphone 4s 64 gb > Headamp Pico slim > Phonak Audeo PFE 232. I really think this is my final portable rig until I probably get the customs bug, but this sounds fantastic.

Feb 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3,561 of 7,509

Quote:
And you thought you got funny looks from people, with your Shure 840s? Well...

i don't get looks from people with my SRH440's???so...idk

iPod Touch 2G 16GiB w/Case + FiiO E17(i know..im lucky to have one) + Sound Magic PL11 is my official portable audiophile rig...

usually however i just go. SoundMagic PL11+iPodTouch2G when i am out in classes. I don't want to really stand out.

if im on vacation or something and brought my rig..ill just walk out full setup.
HFI580 or Shure SRH440's with the E17

Feb 5, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #3,563 of 7,509

Quote:
nice rig! how's the E17 paired with your touch so far?

haha very well of course. :D it has an LOD so everything is fine. my only problem is the LOD. pressing the LOD back knocks sound out of one of the channels since the pins go off contact :'( but it doesn't happen often unless im running or something with it..and sadly. my ipod is slow and crashes sometimes :'( i have already downgraded to factory firmware...but playing full lossless ALAC tracks is probably affecting it alot :/

E17's EQ is off course awesome :p

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #3,565 of 7,509
Nice. How do you like the Final Piano Forte II's?

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #3,566 of 7,509

Quote:
Nice. How do you like the Final Piano Forte II's?

I think it's kind of strange that I don't find anything so special about them (at least they don't have that 'wow' effects :D) but they are my favorite buds for now. I guess they do everything just right. As for people who say these don't have bass, I can't say I agree. There is bass which just doesn't go as deep and feel rather dry to my ears. Anyway, the mids and highs are pretty darn good compared to my experience with earbuds so far.

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #3,567 of 7,509

Quote:
Here we go.

iPod Classic >> Mundorf LOD >> ZO2 >> Turbine Pro Golds.

Just actually switched the case of the iPod from black to silver - so it looks like new!! (for the next 20 minutes anyways..).

hi, where did you get the silver front cover for the ipod classic from?

i have the original black one at the moment and i really like the look of that black wheel and silver aluminium front :)

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #3,568 of 7,509

Quote:
hi, where did you get the silver front cover for the ipod classic from?

i have the original black one at the moment and i really like the look of that black wheel and silver aluminium front :)

eBay - cost me like $20 for the lot (and it all looks pretty nice). I like it too, so I never bothered sticking the white scroll wheel in :p.

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #3,569 of 7,509

Quote:
Ok a few changes, replaced the arrow 2.2g with a pico slim and bought a new low profile LOD. The slim has no interference at all from the iphone 4s, yay!
Iphone 4s 64 gb > Headamp Pico slim > Phonak Audeo PFE 232. I really think this is my final portable rig until I probably get the customs bug, but this sounds fantastic.

I am so close to getting the iPhone 4S, but I have been holding back due to the battery issues that some people have reported. Have you had any problems with yours ?

Quote:

This looks awesome ! how did you get hold of the E17 ? are they available to purchase now ?

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #3,570 of 7,509

Quote:
I am so close to getting the iPhone 4S, but I have been holding back due to the battery issues that some people have reported. Have you had any problems with yours ?

This looks awesome ! how did you get hold of the E17 ? are they available to purchase now ?

The battery problem was a firmware issue when it was first released. I had it when I first got my 4s, but the update they released (A while back, about a week after it started shipping) cleared it up. Better battery life than my origonal 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back