Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Dec 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #3,856 of 5,950
Happy Holidays to all my fellow Head-Fi'ers from BIGHMW.com Headquarters here in Port Townsend, WA, and may all of our wallets be lighter from all the fun we're having draining them buying our gear for the new year.

L3000.gif

Peace out,

Ray Jackson
Head-Fi user ID: BIGHMW

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #3,857 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to refurb my old mini.

New battery and and an 8gb CF I had laying around. Was planning to rockbox it too, but that turned out to be a bit too much work.

Great picture.
o2smile.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #3,858 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally got around to refurb my old mini.

New battery and and an 8gb CF I had laying around. Was planning to rockbox it too, but that turned out to be a bit too much work.

I have the same IPod Mini that I would like to do the same. Whose instructions did you follow and where did you get your battery.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #3,861 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjsoviet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon S9 > Little Dot MKI+ > Sennheiser HD 238/ AKG K518 DJ

How do you like the 238's? I have a pair of 205's, do you think the 238's would be a worth while upgrade? I am in the market for a sub $125 upgrade to match the Klispch S4's.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #3,862 of 5,950
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the 238's? I have a pair of 205's, do you think the 238's would be a worth while upgrade? I am in the market for a sub $125 upgrade to match the Klispch S4's.

I like them very much. It scores well with acoustic, classical and electronic music, but not that great in rock and other heavy, demanding genres. It does have some distortion problems in those particular genres, especially when it comes to deep bass; it interferes with the other frequencies especially with high volume levels.

That problem aside, the sound quality is great for a portable can. Just don't strain it too much.
wink_face.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:35 AM Post #3,863 of 5,950
please dont quote pictures; especially on the same page as the original post. its pretty simple to remove one of the img tags so it doesnt include the pic.

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #3,865 of 5,950
nice one looks like the fit worked out well!! and heres me whining about quoted pics lol
wink.gif
thats another pic for the album, thanks

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #3,868 of 5,950
rockboxed ihp132CF->Sysconcept optical->modded ibasso D10->SCSCAg cryo silver mini->FiQuest (ibasso OEM)->JH13

remote for iriver not pictured
still havent anywhere near settled on a combination for the FiQuest, but even now it sounds pretty special to me. it will only get better.

the amp wasnt specifically bought for christmas, but the timing was sure very good for it. it arrived the day before and this pic was taken at the gold coast on boxing day

OEMwJH13silvercablesweb2.jpg
OEMrigatthebeach2web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back