Orthodynamic Roundup
Jun 16, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #23,251 of 27,161
Thanks for that guide, what caution should I take with the driver itself? And with the pads, did you put a film between the pads and the housing?

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #23,252 of 27,161
  Thanks for that guide, what caution should I take with the driver itself? And with the pads, did you put a film between the pads and the housing?

Don't get anything in the holes in the magnets or you'll have a very very fun time getting it out again. For the pads, just use something like double-sided tape, but don't bother until you're happy about your damping scheme as you'll just have to reapply the tape if you keep pulling the pads off to adjust. Also, make sure you don't cover the driver holes or the hole in the pads with tape.

Jun 16, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #23,253 of 27,161
The film I'm talking about is like the one on the stock pads, a mesh like material that covers the housing. Would I have to craft my own and attach it to the J$ pads?

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #23,254 of 27,161
Oh, that thing? I don't think its mandatory since I think it's acoustically transparent anyways (check this by holding it up to a light and seeing if light shines through easily) but it certainly stops stuff from getting into the driver which is always a good thing.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #23,255 of 27,161
So i've got the upcoming MyST izophones 30 (spelled like isophones) wich is up to release in Russia around mid july.
I mean the drivers are made already so i got them installed in HE-500 body and the official release is waiting for their own cables and body to be done.

Too bad i can't really compare them with Hifimans or LCDs reason being i don't have them nor i can audition them. All i can say right now is that after my HD650 these are speed monsters. And they're power hungry too, more so then He-500 as i heard.

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #23,258 of 27,161
That's a bunch of money for a first driver from a company that didn't exist 4 years ago.

Do you think it will come with a 2y warranty? Do they have a highly skilled driver designer that used to work for Эхо or so? ^^

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #23,260 of 27,161
  That's a bunch of money for a first driver from a company that didn't exist 4 years ago.

Do you think it will come with a 2y warranty? Do they have a highly skilled driver designer that used to work for Эхо or so? ^^

As i heard they have a skilled designer and the drivers are made in russia. I've got the warranty actually~ So i guess it's up there.

Jun 18, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #23,265 of 27,161
  So i've got the upcoming MyST izophones 30 (spelled like isophones) wich is up to release in Russia around mid july.
I mean the drivers are made already so i got them installed in HE-500 body and the official release is waiting for their own cables and body to be done.

Too bad i can't really compare them with Hifimans or LCDs reason being i don't have them nor i can audition them. All i can say right now is that after my HD650 these are speed monsters. And they're power hungry too, more so then He-500 as i heard.

Interesting. What are your impressions and comparison to HD-650?

Do you have the specs?

Do you have pictures of the diaphragm?

Thanks for sharing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back