Orthodynamic Roundup
Jan 20, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #16,187 of 27,185
My wife would never let that though the door
frown.gif

My neighbor gave me a Polk 5.1 system a couple of months ago.  My wife was fine as I was bringing it in, until I walked in with the subwoofer.  She said take it right back out.  I had to connect it to show her it would produce most of the sound that she could hear, and show her that I could find a place to hide it, before she accepted it.

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #16,188 of 27,185

Quote:
Those are awesome Don, nice work!

thanks, they are / were my travel buddies for quite some time. They actually sound pretty phenomenal. ( I am waaaaay too spoiled 
rolleyes.gif
 )

Quote:
How do the cups attach to the headband?  I'm looking at mine and I'd be afraid of breaking something trying to figure out how to get it apart.

Here is a link to the original thread. I am beginning to realize how big a mistake reorganizing my photobucket account was - all my links must be dead, guess I will fix them one at a time as I come across them. 

..dB

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #16,190 of 27,185

Quote:

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
biggrin.gif
  <-- yeah that's me witha silly grin listenign to these beauties.
Only just got them singing just now. Haven't bothered with even initial placement and stuff..that's for this weekend...and perpetual from then on as it always is with speakers.

Optical out from PS3 (network shared streaming) - > Assemblage DAC -> EHHA Rev A (preamp function) -> ML No331 -> Magnepan 1.6QR

The mark levinson is on loan from a local store...while i wait for my plinius SA-100 MK2 to arrive. Man these amps are behemoths.. :p

So you got they Plinius from agon? I was thinking about buying it, but remembered that Mk2 some times have an issue with transformer buzzing that Mk3 fixed but replacing one large transformer with two smaller units, so I did not go trough with it. The price was very nice I must admit. Let us know how you like SA-100 Mk3, I remember it being a sweet sounding amp with tones of power. Your system seems like a perfect upgrade for an ortho team member :)

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #16,191 of 27,185

Quote:
thanks, they are / were my travel buddies for quite some time. They actually sound pretty phenomenal. ( I am waaaaay too spoiled 
rolleyes.gif
 )

spoiled?  I don't know, I think the effort of researching, learning, finding/searching/ebay prowling and modding that went into that headphone combined with the likely very low financial investment is kind of the opposite of spoiled.  It is very much deserved!  But we are very privileged to be able to share all this information so we can find such sweet sweet sound and hear music in such a pure way!

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #16,193 of 27,185
If you found a long-lost, or something we've been looking for, or something we've never heard of, then yeah, post it!
Not post something about an ortho, no matter the kind? are you mad?

Sachu, is the 1.7 Maggie a 2-way or 3-way?

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #16,199 of 27,185

Quote:
So you got they Plinius from agon? I was thinking about buying it, but remembered that Mk2 some times have an issue with transformer buzzing that Mk3 fixed but replacing one large transformer with two smaller units, so I did not go trough with it. The price was very nice I must admit. Let us know how you like SA-100 Mk3, I remember it being a sweet sounding amp with tones of power. Your system seems like a perfect upgrade for an ortho team member :)

Indeed i did Faust. yeah the price was too good to pass up on and i have heard other plinius amps before (SA-102, 8100,8200,9100) and liked them all a fair bit. The levinson amp is going back to the dealer tomorrow and the plinius should take its place on wednesday. Bought some MOgami 3301 speaker cables from redco ...thinking about a stand for the plinius, either two massive wooden blocks or a proper one and I should be good to go :)

The magnepans are quite something else..interesting to note the differences i hear going from the LCD-2 to the magnepans and back again. Btw, they don't do prodigious amounts of bass (placement isn't fully done yet..but i have them sounding better since i took that pic), but it is very decent enough..for the time being :D

Jan 24, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #16,200 of 27,185

Quote:
Nice one Kabeer.
This pic is an antithesis to whatever I have learnt from this thread, you seem to enjoy being mischievous  though.
tongue.gif

I wouldnt say mischievious :), just I like to do stuff the way my ears like it, and it may not always be the generally 'normal' way.  Need to figure out a way of keeping it this completely open, whilst having a headband too now (with minimum manufacturing and expense xD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back