Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #616 of 5,414
Its currently out of stock at Oppo Digital which is the only place you can currently buy the HA-1.   Due end of June now.

After supplies catch up with demand then perhaps some stateside dealers might carry the HA-1, but not Amazon, maybe crutchfield, MagnoliaAV for example.

Wow that's the third time I here its sold out (!)..
I bought mine within the first hour, ha.
:)

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #617 of 5,414
Wow that's the third time I here its sold out (!)..
I bought mine within the first hour, ha.
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe they've only built 3 so far 
wink_face.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #618 of 5,414
  I have another question concerning the HA-1.  The Oppo BDP-105(D) has the ability to play FLAC, etc. files downloaded to USB thumb drives.

"In addition to playing standard disc-based formats such as Blu-ray, DVD, CD and SACD, the BDP-105 can play media files. You can enjoy digital music, movies and photos stored on a data disc (recordable CD, DVD or Blu-ray) or an external USB drive."

It appears to me, reading the HA-1 manual, that one is only able to play such files using a USB interconnect attached to a computer utilizing separate software.

Am I missing something?

The HA-1 has no decoding capabilities, so you can't connect a USB drive to the HA-1, for example, and have it decode the audio.

You will need another device, like a personal computer, iPhone/Pad/Touch, MP3/MP4 player, Blu-ray player, etc decode the audio for the HA-1, then feed a signal for the HA-1 to amplify.

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #619 of 5,414
  Does anyone know where the best place to buy the Oppo HA-1 right now is in the US? Any Fathers Day deals out there?

Thanks!

-Mike

Unfortunately we never offer discounts, other than when we sell refurbished products.

As for the stock of the units, we do anticipate more units becoming available late-June. The HA-1 is a high precision product, so the manufacturing time is much longer than we had anticipated based on previous experience manufacturing our Blu-ray players. This was also true for the PM-1 which had sold out completely during its first run, but was replenished as units became available.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #621 of 5,414

Unfortunately we never offer discounts

That's quite alright, some of your dealers will.

No, they won't.
One of the staples of Oppo products is that they are known for offering a great value for the price paid.
As such, Oppo Digital has always sold their products with a solid set price.
They have never offered special discount or sales because their products are not marked up for maximum profits like other OEMs.
The same goes for dealers who sell their products. They have also always sold at the same price that Oppo Digital sells for in their online store.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #622 of 5,414
No, they won't.
One of the staples of Oppo products is that they are known for offering a great value for the price paid.
They have never offered special discount or sales because their products are not marked up for maximum profits like other OEMs.
The same goes for dealers who sell their products. They have also always sold at the same price that Oppo Digital sells for in their online store.

I like your nick, you speak like one :D

I own Oppo BD player, paid less than MSRP from authorized dealer last year. I could send you a proof but then again- I don't have to prove anything to you, do I? Yes they make great product but they are not the only ones. I mean if you are  apple-like fanboy, you are welcome to buy them at full MSRP, but speak for yourself and don't expect everyone else to pay whatever the manufacturer asks, no matter how good the product is.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #623 of 5,414
Didn't think I'd use the mobile input very much but I just hooked up the iPad (4) straight to the HA-1 with the lightning cable and watched a movie. Sounded great! Nice and punchy with great detail. Nice. And super convenient with just the lighting cable to hook up.

The HA-1 is the gift that keeps on giving, especially when the wife wants to watch those damn dancing shows! :rolleyes:

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #624 of 5,414

The HA-1 has no decoding capabilities, so you can't connect a USB drive to the HA-1, for example, and have it decode the audio.

You will need another device, like a personal computer, iPhone/Pad/Touch, MP3/MP4 player, Blu-ray player, etc decode the audio for the HA-1, then feed a signal for the HA-1 to amplify.

Maybe HA-2 should offer a HDMI input so that decoded audio media could be fed to the onboard DACs on the headphone amp, bypassing the DACs of the BDP-105(D) or whatever player.  Although I am still not convinced that the DACs in the HA-1 are superior to the DACs in the BDP-105(D).  I think I would find rather inconvenient to have to hook up to a computer to player certain digital files.  I would be very happy to beta test the HA-2.

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #625 of 5,414
No, they won't.

I like your nick, you speak like one :D

I own Oppo BD player, paid less than MSRP from authorized dealer last year. I could send you a proof but then again- I don't have to prove anything to you, do I? Yes they make great product but they are not the only ones. I mean if you are  apple-like fanboy, you are welcome to buy them at full MSRP, but speak for yourself and don't expect everyone else to pay whatever the manufacturer asks, no matter how good the product is.

If anyone is selling brand new Oppo players (that are not backstocked older models, open box, scratch and dent, refurbished, etc... to the general public)
for less than the MAP price set by Oppo, then it's the first time I've ever heard of it.
Of course it really is just an unproven claim unless you do provide the proof you claim you have. :wink:

Not sure what Apple even has to do with it. I was just reporting how Oppo's pricing scheme works.
I know that Apple products do sell for less than MSRP from resellers and retail stores, so that comparison doesn't really make much sense.
Previous comments are not suggestive toward "paying full MSRP as opposed to not".

I am a person who NEVER pays full price for products.
I always get them at the lowest price possible so I can use the money saved toward other needs and wants.
However when a product can not be purchased at a lesser price, then you pay what it costs or don't buy it.
I'm sure many people would love to know where they can get Oppo products below MAP and MSRP prices, so again please feel free to share your source. :)

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #626 of 5,414
Maybe HA-2 should offer a HDMI input so that decoded audio media could be feed to the onboard DACs on the headphone amp, bypassing the DACs of the BDP-105(D) or whatever player.  Although I am still not convinced that the DACs in the HA-1 are superior to the DACs in the BDP-105(D).  I think I would find rather inconvenient to have to hook up to a computer to player certain digital files.  I would be very happy to beta test the HA-2.

Why would it be superior? They use the same DAC. It's the amp section that's better and geared more to 2 channel HiFi and fully analog and balanced on the HA-1.

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #627 of 5,414
Thanks! I did talk with MagnoliaAV and they are going to be carrying it!

Jun 5, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #628 of 5,414
Unfortunately we never offer discounts, other than when we sell refurbished products.

As for the stock of the units, we do anticipate more units becoming available late-June. The HA-1 is a high precision product, so the manufacturing time is much longer than we had anticipated based on previous experience manufacturing our Blu-ray players. This was also true for the PM-1 which had sold out completely during its first run, but was replenished as units became available.

Any news yet on the released of silver-coloured HA-1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back