1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by aamefford, May 7, 2014.
First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Next

Last
  1. Pier Paolo
    If I could listen it here in Italy before august, of course I could  buy it  from oppo directly, but I am not sure that I can.

2. rgs9200m
    Well OK then. My Oppo 105D has quite good sound with CDs, maybe on the the level of a decent CD player from say Sony or Denon, but for audiophile performance for music from headphones, it's not really what I'd think most headphone-music-obsessed people around here would be looking for.
    I do really enjoy my 105D for watching and listening to my collection of music DVDs, but as a CD player, it has nowhere near the reach of any of the EMM or Accuphase CD players I've owned in the past.
    (I would like to put in a good word for the Oppo PM-1 though, which I think is a great headphone, up there with the best of them and a bargain at its price.)

3. olegausany
    If you are using 105D's headphones out to drive the headphones and don't like it it just means that the headphones amp isn't on par so you just need to use external amp while still using 105D as DAC only

4. DougD
    Well the two units are not too close in price either.

Oppo [corrected] HA-1 = ESS 9018 Sabre32 Reference DAC + balanced headphone amp + switching functions of a pre-amp.

Around $1,200.

EMM XDS - reference quality DAC only (as I understand it.) 

In excess of $15,000.

5. Smarty-pants
    ^^ HA-1, not "PA-1" :)
    ...but yes, apples and oranges so to speak comparing such players at that price range.
    The BDP-105 is well known for being a top notch player at it's price point.
    Are there better ones?... yes, of course, but no where near the same price range.
    ...and the HA-1, as a DAC/pre-amp/headphone amp is a cut above the the -105 for 2-ch audio.

6. rgs9200m
    Understood. (FYI. No I am not using the BDP105's headphone jack, I was just referring to the DAC performance alone.)
    I also am familiar with more modest players, such as a Sony 5400 CDP I own, and even that is better.
    And I do agree that the 105D is amazing for the price and use mine for DVDs and such and it does sound fine and it's maybe even in high-end territory and indeed worth the price.
    So I'll leave it at that.

7. Maxx134
    I am continually impressed with this unit.
    Loaded the app for my Android phone and looky, no mouse needed anymore,
    As I can change tracks on my phone as a remote now (!)..
    :)
    Screenshot_2014-06-04-01-07-07.png

Edit:
    Low level noise is non - existant..
    Complete zero audible anything with volume at max gain, of course music was on pause and nothing. .

Tried this on a low impedance Ultrasone Pro2900..

This is EXTREMELY CLEAN AMP..

8. docBliny

Yup, I agree. It does what it's supposed to, does it well, and just works (gets out of the way).

//TB

9. gatornavy
    It’s not too late to request a beta is it? I think that someone who's spent 15 years (and counting) in the Navy who loves music could offer some great insight and feedback... just saying. :)

In the mean time, I am going to be saving my pennies for one of these, even if it takes a year. It's not often I feel this compelled to buy something, but the price seems awfully fair for what it offers. Right now, I am using a Asus middle-of-the-road DAC/amp and can only imagine what improvements the Oppo would make.

10. keanex Contributor

Wow your tune sure has changed within 5 days.

11. SpudHarris Contributor
    I think the sarcasm may have been a little subtle in the 1st post.....

12. aamefford

Subtle sarcasm?  REALLY?  NOOOOooooo....

sorry, couldn't resist.

13. keanex Contributor
    If I misunderstood then I'm sorry. The post wasn't very clear though

14. aamefford
    Oh no worries. I was just having a bit of fun, I'm pretty sure the rest were as well. I hope no hard feelings from my comment. None were intended!

15. keanex Contributor
    No hard feelings at all!

First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50
Next

Last