Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #601 of 5,414
Hey, I didn't mean anything by my comment either. To be truthful I had to read it a few times also...

Listening to the HA1 with balanced HD800 and a glass of Jamesons at the mo and feeling very mellow. Surely it can't get much better??

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #605 of 5,414
You could be drinking Scotch....
evil_smiley.gif

I'll let you have that 
biggrin.gif
 It's obviously a subject close to your heart...

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #606 of 5,414
If I misunderstood then I'm sorry. The post wasn't very clear though

Hehe sorry I was joking because the other units mentioned seemed like a ridiculous comparison.
I have my reasons.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #607 of 5,414
Not sure what is up with my HA-1, but there have been a few times where the signal is being corrupted or something and I have to power off/on to get it back to normal.  This has happened when I turn on the HA-1 which is connected to my laptop via USB.  Any ideas on what this could be?  I might need to contact Oppo and see if they have any thoughts.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #608 of 5,414
Not sure what is up with my HA-1, but there have been a few times where the signal is being corrupted or something and I have to power off/on to get it back to normal.  This has happened when I turn on the HA-1 which is connected to my laptop via USB.  Any ideas on what this could be?  I might need to contact Oppo and see if they have any thoughts.

That's about as vague as you can get. If you could describe in detail what you are feeding it, with what software, software configuration,
and what exactly you are hearing that sounds "corrupted", that would be better.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #609 of 5,414
That's about as vague as you can get. If you could describe in detail what you are feeding it, with what software, software configuration,
and what exactly you are hearing that sounds "corrupted", that would be better.

Using Macbook with iTunes, Vox, etc.  It sounds like a low, echo and is easily fixed by powering off and back on.  I'm going to try and duplicate it tonight, maybe should try to get video/audio.

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #610 of 5,414
Did you install drivers?

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #612 of 5,414
I have another question concerning the HA-1.  The Oppo BDP-105(D) has the ability to play FLAC, etc. files downloaded to USB thumb drives.

"In addition to playing standard disc-based formats such as Blu-ray, DVD, CD and SACD, the BDP-105 can play media files. You can enjoy digital music, movies and photos stored on a data disc (recordable CD, DVD or Blu-ray) or an external USB drive."

It appears to me, reading the HA-1 manual, that one is only able to play such files using a USB interconnect attached to a computer utilizing separate software.

Am I missing something?  

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #613 of 5,414
Does anyone know where the best place to buy the Oppo HA-1 right now is in the US? Any Fathers Day deals out there?

Thanks! 

-Mike

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #614 of 5,414
  I have another question concerning the HA-1.  The Oppo BDP-105(D) has the ability to play FLAC, etc. files downloaded to USB thumb drives.

"In addition to playing standard disc-based formats such as Blu-ray, DVD, CD and SACD, the BDP-105 can play media files. You can enjoy digital music, movies and photos stored on a data disc (recordable CD, DVD or Blu-ray) or an external USB drive."

It appears to me, reading the HA-1 manual, that one is only able to play such files using a USB interconnect attached to a computer utilizing separate software.

Am I missing something?  

Your close.   The HA-1 is a only a headphone amp/DAC, and basic preamp.  You can use a variety of inputs and route output to both unbalanced and balanced headphones for example.  Its not limited to only the USB interconnect path.

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #615 of 5,414
  Does anyone know where the best place to buy the Oppo HA-1 right now is in the US? Any Fathers Day deals out there?

Thanks! 

-Mike

Its currently out of stock at Oppo Digital which is the only place you can currently buy the HA-1.   Due end of June now.

After supplies catch up with demand then perhaps some stateside dealers might carry the HA-1, but not Amazon, maybe crutchfield, MagnoliaAV for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back