1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by aamefford, May 7, 2014.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last
  1. Smarty-pants

Well you could have just gotten a plain jane region A BD player and run the hdmi from it into the Oppo and saved yourself several hundred dollars.
    Then again you would actually have to hit 2 buttons to change the input to watch region A stuff. :smile:

2. avraham
    I ordered my HA-1 late last Thursday, Oppo shipped late Friday afternoon and I received them via FedEx Saturday at 11:30am.  That was regular shipping.  Can't beat the service.

I haven't posted earlier because I have been too busy playing.  I am now using a very simple setup: Oppo BDP-105 player, Oppo PM-1 headphones and now Oppo HA-1 headphone amp.  The connections are balanced inputs and coaxial from the BDP-105.  I use the balanced XLR to play SACDs and downloaded FLAC and DSD files.  I use the coaxial to input RBCDs bypassing the DAC in the BDP-105.  I have the optical input connected to a DAT deck.

First impressions are very favorable, the biggest surprise is that the RBCDs sound much better using the DAC in the HA-1 to decode the digital information.  I hear better bass reproduction on all formats.

3. PerfectHiFi

Interested!
    Mint condition?
    What price are you asking?
    Would you ship to Europe?
    Shipping expenses?

4. x RELIC x Contributor

Yup! Agreed. :)

5. Badas

146780_full.jpg

Custom built Dreamvision Yunzi + 3. The only one in world with chrome paint.

Dude. I bought a $26k projector. Along with 3 buttkickers, 2 SVS SB Ultra 13 subs, Marantz Sr7008, two Marantz 7055 power amps, Oppo HA-1 plus Senny HD700 and the two Oppo BDP103D's all this year.

Do you think I care about a few hundred dollars? Also for future information the Oppo inputs don't support lossless sound. So the second player input into the Oppo would be hopeless.

Anyway back on topic. I got some amazing gear this year and the HA-1 is the piece of gear I get most excited to play with. I race home from work every night waiting to play with this kit. :)

6. aamefford
    I'm pretty sure I do also. Hair splitting though. Could easily be because I think it should.

7. HasturTheYellow

In the HA-1 we are using the TI LM4562 OP-AMP for the single ended analog outputs and the TI LME49724 (interchangeable with the OPA1632) OP-AMP for the differential (XLR) analog outputs.

EDIT: Corrected a spelling mistake in the model number used for the differential OP-AMP

Xyrium and sbgunn like this.
  8. Smarty-pants

LPCM works just fine. I run that into the hdmi input of my BDP-105D and get every bit of the lossless audio. :wink:

9. hikinokie
    Smarty,
     How are you connecting your 105 to the HA-1? Coax? Optical? Have you done a close AB between the 105 and HA-1 headphone outputs? I'm not trying to talk myself into buying one, honest.   ARRRRGGG!!

10. HiFiAudio
  11. zilch0md

Thanks for that link.  

I would never have thought to try this:

Quoting the review:

I'll have to try it with my speaker amp...

Mike

12. Badas

Yes do. One of the reasons I bought it.

I also have the Arcam irDac. HA-1 is a lot better. Fantastic as a pre-amp.

13. gotoma8
    OK, the HA-1 Just arrived!  Set it up and it's running for like 10 minutes...too early to say anything besides it's definitely bigger than one would think!  Look at it compared to the Musical Fidelity XCan!
    More to come!
    IMAG0896.jpg

IMAG0897.jpg

IMAG0898.jpg

IMAG0900.jpg

14. MattTCG

Interested in what you think with the HA-1 with the 800...

[​IMG]

15. gotoma8
    Will Do MattTCG!
    I wanted it let the HA-1 burn in for at least 20 hours before making any comments.
    Thanks

First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last