1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by steve80, Mar 8, 2017.
First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Next

Last
  1. udesign48
  2. Fra D
    Not even a single response from Onkyo service centers in Europe when asked where to obtain a replacement battery.

udesign48 likes this.
  3. udesign48
    That's right. This is a disposable device that can become useless once your battery dies.

I bought a brand new soldering kit and I'll try to get this fixed tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  4. MichaelOH
    Very disappointing all around - as I am going through the same issue right now. I have sent away for the battery, and I'm taking it to a friend's shop who does really skilled soldering work, but Pioneer/Onkyo has definitely lost my trust.

....in the meantime, I bought myself a FiiO M11. VERY different in so many ways from the Onkyo/Pioneer...and not as user friendly for sure, but the sound - wow, it's blowing me out of the water. Sitting here in audio bliss right now.

udesign48 likes this.
  5. udesign48
    All of the DAP manufacturers should implement replaceable batteries. I wonder why they're not doing this.

6. davidcotton
    Built in obsolescence. Once a unit dies what do the companies want? Someone to buy say a $100 battery, or a new $$$$ player? Beside which this question always make me laugh on headfi. I can't imagine many headfiers using one mp3 player until the battery dies in the first place!

shane55 and udesign48 like this.
  7. udesign48
    My DP-S10 is about a year old. But this unit was kept in a box through the whole year so that killed its lithium battery..

8. miguel.yarce
    Hi all!

I have two questions regarding this DAP.

- Is that possible to use the phisical buttons to control the volumen? The wheel is not responding in my device, I have to use the app from the cellphone :triportsad:
    - As I Know this device works with the twin dacs only thru the balanced output 2.5, When you use the line out 3.5 as to a normal amp (JDS o2 in my case) I can imagine you are only using one dac, so If I find a balanced cable 2.5 to 3.5 with a balanced amp I will use the twin dacs? Or this effort is not whorty

Thanks in advance!

9. miguel.yarce
    So you find the M11 above in SQ terms of the xdp-30r and xdp-300r?

10. MichaelOH
    Hi Miguel,

I find the sound quality absolutely stellar...in my opinion it is definitely a step (or two) above the XDP-30r. I can't comment on the XDP-300r, because I've never used it - but I have seen other postings that recommened the M11 as a replacement or upgrade from it.

miguel.yarce likes this.
  11. miguel.yarce
    Thanks! The xdp-30r using balanced outpt right?

Regards!

12. MichaelOH
    Hey Miguel,

No - not using the balanced output - just the standard.

miguel.yarce likes this.
  13. miguel.yarce
    You have to use the balanced output just to use the twin dac capacity of the 30r and the amplification is much better. , It happens also with the wm1a, using the Single end you are missing the potential of the device as I know.

Regards!

14. MichaelOH
    Well, sort of a moot point considering that my device is dead - and also, I don't own a pair of balanced phones.

15. miguel.yarce
    Sorry I didnt know about your issue? Its regarding the battery right?

First

Back
89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98
Next

Last