Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
Oct 14, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #1,474 of 1,608
That's right. This is a disposable device that can become useless once your battery dies.

I bought a brand new soldering kit and I'll try to get this fixed tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Very disappointing all around - as I am going through the same issue right now. I have sent away for the battery, and I'm taking it to a friend's shop who does really skilled soldering work, but Pioneer/Onkyo has definitely lost my trust.

....in the meantime, I bought myself a FiiO M11. VERY different in so many ways from the Onkyo/Pioneer...and not as user friendly for sure, but the sound - wow, it's blowing me out of the water. Sitting here in audio bliss right now.

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,476 of 1,608
All of the DAP manufacturers should implement replaceable batteries. I wonder why they're not doing this.

Built in obsolescence. Once a unit dies what do the companies want? Someone to buy say a $100 battery, or a new $$$$ player? Beside which this question always make me laugh on headfi. I can't imagine many headfiers using one mp3 player until the battery dies in the first place!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #1,478 of 1,608
Hi all!

I have two questions regarding this DAP.

- Is that possible to use the phisical buttons to control the volumen? The wheel is not responding in my device, I have to use the app from the cellphone :triportsad:
- As I Know this device works with the twin dacs only thru the balanced output 2.5, When you use the line out 3.5 as to a normal amp (JDS o2 in my case) I can imagine you are only using one dac, so If I find a balanced cable 2.5 to 3.5 with a balanced amp I will use the twin dacs? Or this effort is not whorty

Thanks in advance!

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,479 of 1,608
Very disappointing all around - as I am going through the same issue right now. I have sent away for the battery, and I'm taking it to a friend's shop who does really skilled soldering work, but Pioneer/Onkyo has definitely lost my trust.

....in the meantime, I bought myself a FiiO M11. VERY different in so many ways from the Onkyo/Pioneer...and not as user friendly for sure, but the sound - wow, it's blowing me out of the water. Sitting here in audio bliss right now.

So you find the M11 above in SQ terms of the xdp-30r and xdp-300r?

Oct 16, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,480 of 1,608
So you find the M11 above in SQ terms of the xdp-30r and xdp-300r?

Hi Miguel,

I find the sound quality absolutely stellar...in my opinion it is definitely a step (or two) above the XDP-30r. I can't comment on the XDP-300r, because I've never used it - but I have seen other postings that recommened the M11 as a replacement or upgrade from it.

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #1,481 of 1,608
Hi Miguel,

I find the sound quality absolutely stellar...in my opinion it is definitely a step (or two) above the XDP-30r. I can't comment on the XDP-300r, because I've never used it - but I have seen other postings that recommened the M11 as a replacement or upgrade from it.

Thanks! The xdp-30r using balanced outpt right?

Regards!

Oct 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,484 of 1,608
You have to use the balanced output just to use the twin dac capacity of the 30r and the amplification is much better. , It happens also with the wm1a, using the Single end you are missing the potential of the device as I know.

Regards!
Well, sort of a moot point considering that my device is dead - and also, I don't own a pair of balanced phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back