Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private
May 2, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,426 of 1,608
P1070095.JPG P1070098.JPG P1070099.JPG
Yes, both the Rubato and XDP-30R have USB OTG audio out, I use them with the Chord Mojo, and iFi nano iDSD BL
Thanks a lot for your reply, as I read some messages in this thread, that the players were not supporting OTG audio on the previous firmaware. Great they've fixed it!

So, I bought a Bispa balanced cable, my IEMs are Shure SE535 ltd-jp, with the balanced out the Rubato is really shining, especially with DSD files! Sounds like a different upper class player!
I have a 512Gb and 400Gb cards, both working flawlessly! I'm enjoying this little gem!!
A also bought a Musahiro label case which is really nice and high-quality, but rather expensive to my mind... Still, I like it, too.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #1,427 of 1,608

Thanks a lot for your reply, as I read some messages in this thread, that the players were not supporting OTG audio on the previous firmaware. Great they've fixed it!

So, I bought a Bispa balanced cable, my IEMs are Shure SE535 ltd-jp, with the balanced out the Rubato is really shining, especially with DSD files! Sounds like a different upper class player!
I have a 512Gb and 400Gb cards, both working flawlessly! I'm enjoying this little gem!!
A also bought a Musahiro label case which is really nice and high-quality, but rather expensive to my mind... Still, I like it, too.

Well done.

If I may ask... what brand 512Gb card?

Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,428 of 1,608
shane55,
It's a
Kingston Canvas React microSDHC512GBSP
I'm quite happy with it. There is a 1Tb on the market, but i'm not ready to pay a price of the player for it...
The actual capacity is 466 Gb (my 400Gb Sandisk is 367 Gb). Both work flawlessly with Rubato, I use mostly Hi-Res and DSD files.

May 5, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #1,430 of 1,608
Will you guys power off 30R every day?
Yeah, i mean like after every listening session. I let the Dap turn off automatically after a few minutes which i set in the power management settings. These DAPs dont have a really long battery life, so preventing their battery from draining by shutting them down is the right choice. In addition, the boot up doesnt take longer than 3 seconds so...yeah, turn them on if you wanna use them and turn them off after.

May 5, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #1,431 of 1,608
Side effects, your power button might wear out after several years, I'm just saying.

May 5, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #1,432 of 1,608
Yeah, i mean like after every listening session. I let the Dap turn off automatically after a few minutes which i set in the power management settings. These DAPs dont have a really long battery life, so preventing their battery from draining by shutting them down is the right choice. In addition, the boot up doesnt take longer than 3 seconds so...yeah, turn them on if you wanna use them and turn them off after.

Thank you for the explanation!

May 5, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #1,433 of 1,608
I wonder if the Rubato can drive ATH-AD1000X at high gain with no extra amp properly... Has anybody tried this? Thinking of buying a pair of new cans. AD-1000X are 40 Ohm, but from what I know they "love electric current"...

Jun 2, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #1,435 of 1,608
UPDATE: It was some sand that worked its way down there. I could hear it crunching when I stuck a thin knife in there!

Good Morning!

On vacation, and noticed las night while going on a beach walk that the power button seems to be stuck...it will power on, but only after some creative pushing of the button. After it goes into rest mode while playing a track, it’s impossible to bring the screen back...and often the power off message will just come up.

What can I do??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #1,436 of 1,608
UPDATE: It was some sand that worked its way down there. I could hear it crunching when I stuck a thin knife in there!

Good Morning!

On vacation, and noticed las night while going on a beach walk that the power button seems to be stuck...it will power on, but only after some creative pushing of the button. After it goes into rest mode while playing a track, it’s impossible to bring the screen back...and often the power off message will just come up.

What can I do??

Thanks in advance.
I've encountered this situation before and it made me frustrating for a long time. I almost sent it to a repair guy who fixes all of problems related to Onkyo products. Fortunately, It fixed itself overnight. If your warranty is still good, send it to Onkyo and ask them for repairing or changing to a new one.

Jun 6, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #1,437 of 1,608
Hi Onkyo,
I am a new user of Onkyo DP-S1. The latest firmware does not allow Tidal in the Online menu. Please bring Tidal back to DP-S1. I wish I can stream Tidal because I don't interest in Deezer. TuneIn seems to be fine (I can stream radio). Thanks.

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #1,439 of 1,608
This question might seem stupid, but does the Rubato have a true line out via the balanced 2.5mm port? Just if i want to hook it up to an external balanced amp...
Yes it is. Fully balanced 2.5mm Line Out. Enjoy!

Jun 28, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #1,440 of 1,608
Any Onkyo guys in this thread to answer members' question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back