1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by steve80, Mar 8, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. audionewbi
    No I haven't but I am trying. From what I have read so far it is better than dp-x1. Here are some early impressions:

https://note.mu/n_hashimoto/n/nd8a055d9cdd7

https://dime.jp/genre/359888/

2. Steve80
    I have heard dps1 and xdp-30r yesterday in イヤホン。Xdp-300r and DP-X1 have a better sound and usability, imho . But xdp-30r very very small.

3. Steve80
    Del

4. Steve80
    Del

5. audionewbi
    Thanks for your impressions. I was told by a friend DP-S1 has a smoother and warmer sound compare to dpx1 which I find sound think and sterile. Can you explain your impressions more if you can.

6. Tokyoghoul
    I tried the XDP-30R yesterday as well. To me it sounded warm and non-fatiguing. The UI was snappy but the screen quality was not the best.

7. audionewbi
    Since we can use our phone as remote maybe that is why they used a cheaper screen?
    I've read 30r is more V shaped.

8. qsk78
    Well, I could not find a decent DAP on a PCM179x chip with balanced output - does not exist today.  
    LPG has SE only.

9. qsk78
    This cheap remote works well  

audionewbi likes this.
  10. snip3r77
    I'm going to Japan early next month . Is it released by then? Price pls

11. nanaholic

It was released on Friday.  You are looking at about 42,000yen for the Pioneer and 48,000yen for the Onkyo. 

12. Tokyoghoul
    Yes, and probably also to lower the cost and save battery.

13. Steve80
    Sure [​IMG]

Merits and demerits in my opinion:
    merits:
    The size. It is very small. And pioneer in terms of dimensions is much more convenient than onkyo. 
    There are several options for selecting the volume levels. You can adjust the regulator in the reverse direction.
    On the tracks goes quickly, without software delays.

demerits:
    Not particularly good impression of the display. Very small resolution of display, and the names of folders do not fit the screen. But the worst thing is that the font does not change. Even the AK120, which appeared in 2013, has better resolution, and was more convenient to control.
    Both players doesn't have folder playback function, and stop playing when the last song on the folder ends.It's horrible for me. On Xdp-300 or DP-X1(A) you just can change stock player.
    The sound is good, but i think i need more time to compare it with Xdp-300 and DP-X1, which i have. 
    But my first impressions in sound was not good, as Xdp-300/DP-X1. In particular the channel separation.

14. audionewbi
    And already number 2 selling dap on kakaku

15. snip3r77
    Do both of this run Spotify ?

How do they compare with the older and larger Pioneer and Onkyo ?

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last