1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Onkyo DP-S1 Rubato / Pioneer XDP-30R Private

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by steve80, Mar 8, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. qsk78
    Very strange to hear about the sound difference since they should have identical hardware inside...Although the software may impact but not dramatically I believe.

To my knowledge Dp-X1 and 300 R sound very similar. 

Steve80 likes this.
  2. Steve80
    Exactly.

3. lostman
    No Apt-X? Sad!

I'd like to stream Apt-X to my speakers :frowning2:

4. nanaholic

Very easy to tweak sound based on software actually, much easier and noticeable than hardware to be honest. Default some filters and DSP effects in the software and viola! 

5. audionewbi
    The only reason why I kept my DP-X1 was mostly for MQA on the go. As is I like how MQA sounds and I love to have a portable device that can deal with such files. I can't find any source on whether DP-S1 can handle MQA in future. Does anyone know?

One early adapter who I do not know personally sonically things DP-S1 is more mature than DP-X1 but UI is truly lacking on the former. 
    Edit: MQA will be enabled in the future.

6. qsk78
    Well, I can even sacrifice Tidal in case it has otg usb data transfer ability. Any confirmation so far?

7. Tokyoghoul
    It is not featured yet but they have confirmed that it will support it in the future.

qsk78 likes this.
  8. Luge
    Hi, a noob question here: Does this feature (OTG USB data transfer) allow the DP-S1 to be used as USB DAC for phone (i.e. it will be possible to stream Tidal to the rubato through USB)? Thanks.

9. audionewbi
    It means it will output digital signal to other DAC, not input it and decode it. So to answer your question, no. 

Luge likes this.
  10. qsk78
    Exaсtly. Today I use the XDP-300R for that but it is too bulky as a transport)

11. Luge
    Thank you very much.

12. audionewbi
    I am slowly moving away from DAC/AMP. We have enough resources now days to make a decent sounding DAP. 

13. NotKunvinced
    I agree but can you name some that don't cost an absolute fortune?

14. audionewbi
    dps1 is a good start. 

15. NotKunvinced
    Have you heard them? Is the Pioneer version (xdp-30r?) worthwhile as a 'one box' solution?

stalepie likes this.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last