Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 6:24 AM Post #181 of 9,606
Miyuki - Fellow Citizen​
https://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/fellow-citizen​

Miyuki's new album finally came out a couple weeks ago, but the limit for free downloads ran out for that month shortly after and its price became $1 for the rest of February. Now it is free again so I'm dropping it here for your listening pleasure. It says something about the artist if I was already in panic mode since her previous release was in July last year and she hadn't put out anything new in over six months; that's how stoked I'm for each new release by Miyuki (and spoiled by the number of EPs she's dropped).

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #184 of 9,606
Just want to say a big thank you to everyone posting great music in this thread, my collection has grown by over 10GB tonight :D

Mar 20, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #185 of 9,606
Someone shared this link on the bottlehead forums a while back, and it is definitely worth the download: Bach's complete organ works, performed by James Kibbie.  They are 256kbps aac's, rather than flac files, but sound very nice regardless.  Enjoy!

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #187 of 9,606
Apr 17, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #188 of 9,606
Hello. I just found this thread! great stuff. I record many concerts I go to using a stereo Tascam iphone mic. I then master and flacify. Is it legal for me to post these? I see a lot of live concert recordings in this thread. I'd like to share these but unsure of the legalities. they are 48/24 flacs

Apr 21, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #189 of 9,606
  Hello. I just found this thread! great stuff. I record many concerts I go to using a stereo Tascam iphone mic. I then master and flacify. Is it legal for me to post these? I see a lot of live concert recordings in this thread. I'd like to share these but unsure of the legalities. they are 48/24 flacs

I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to post them if you recorded them yourself and it was not posted that no recording was allowed at the show.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #191 of 9,606

Technically I think it would be illegal since the music is copyrighted and you don't own the rights to the music. XD
I think concert recordings are fine for personal use, but not for distribution unless you get the artist's permission.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #192 of 9,606
Technically I think it would be illegal since the music is copyrighted and you don't own the rights to the music. XD
I think concert recordings are fine for personal use, but not for distribution unless you get the artist's permission.

Who knows? What if the band suddenly decides to cover another artist live that night. For example, they suddenly decide to cover a Stones song on the spur of the moment. They don't own the rights to that Stones song, but they cover it. Now they don't have a copyright on that song. They don't have a sign posted saying, "No recording" and someone at the show records "Unknown Artist" covering the the Stones. Now what?

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #193 of 9,606
According to the copyright act, section 107 I believe, it states that music can be shared legally for education and research purposes. There is some indication of limitation and one source of interpretation I saw said 30 seconds would be legally reasonable.

Apr 29, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #194 of 9,606
What do you call a bus full of lawyers going over a cliff with one empty seat?

A missed opportunity! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #195 of 9,606

Who knows? What if the band suddenly decides to cover another artist live that night. For example, they suddenly decide to cover a Stones song on the spur of the moment. They don't own the rights to that Stones song, but they cover it. Now they don't have a copyright on that song. They don't have a sign posted saying, "No recording" and someone at the show records "Unknown Artist" covering the the Stones. Now what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_version#U.S._copyright_law
Since the Copyright Act of 1909, United States musicians have had the right to record a version of someone else's previously recorded and released tune, whether it's music alone or music with lyrics.
Live performances of copyrighted songs are typically arranged through performing rights organizations such as ASCAP or BMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back