Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 19, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #5,926 of 8,144
As @mbwilson111 suggested, the folder play doesnt work. After the last song in a folder, it skips to the next folder

You are getting it to go to the next folder (album) after playing the last song? Mine stops. I want it to play the next album...or at least have the choice. Not a deal breaker though. At least it plays the songs in my albums in the correct order.

Is the sound on the X6 bad or just uninspiring?

I don't find anything bad about the sound (but personally I believe the iems or buds make the most difference). Surprisingly, the included buds are actually quite decent... but I am a bud lover and have compared many...haha look at my list :) I was using them with the player the other day. Don't throw them away.

I have not tried full sized headphones but I do not foresee a problem with ones that are 32 ohm or less. I will try my Meze or NAD with it eventually but I do have other DAPs. For myself I would not want the X6 as my only dap and I usually go for two card slots (or the ability to use large cards like 400GB) and gapless play.

May 20, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #5,928 of 8,144
he
hello, I'm looking for a dap, my budgets $50USD, im currently looking at the ruizu a50, zishan z3 does anyone have any other recommendations to look at.
hello i have a ruizu a50 and this machine is a good alrounder,very well built(have mine in red) sound is very good.also look at the bengie t6.i liked this machine but couldnt get on with the button layout

May 21, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #5,929 of 8,144
Just to make sure I have not been clear..... when I say folder play-through I mean that when one album (folder) is finished playing, the next one will begin.

I have some daps like the Cayin where you can tick a box to make it play one folder after another for as long as you want or until the battery dies:) There is a choice.

I have some like the Moonlight and the Ruizu that just keep playing through the folders with no option to tell it to play just one.

And, I have a some that stop after an album is finished so I have to turn on the display and choose my next album... like this Benjie X6...and even my Opus#1.

You could check with Benjie but I expect the UI to be the same for the X5 and X6. If it is, then that folder play through feature could be added in a future update.

Ah, I thought you meant that you couldn't choose which folders to play music from at all, my bad.

May 21, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #5,930 of 8,144
Well I received the Tempotec V1 (Variations) transport/Bluetooth throw device the other day. It is nicely made and the Bluetooth strength is good (not as good as my phone, but better than my DAPs). The operation is almost identical to my Hidizs AP80. Hiby based. Works great as a transport and Bluetooth throw while having a pretty small footprint (think AP60 but a little thinner and a little bit lighter).
Big bummer though (bummer warning!). It’s got hiss on DSD playback. The exact same hissing that the AP80 still has even after the latest firmware update. Tempotec makes the Ap80 for Hidizs, and it’s got that same blaring problem. Too bad. I contacted them to see what they planned to do about it, but haven’t received an answer yet. Will let you know, but I’m not too optimistic since it’s been a long while that Hidizs has let this problem stay.
Edit: says 2 slots 256gb x 2, but I’m using a 256gb and 512gb card with no noticeable problems. All scanned items appear and work. 15k files flac, Hi-res

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #5,931 of 8,144
You are getting it to go to the next folder (album) after playing the last song? Mine stops. I want it to play the next album...or at least have the choice. Not a deal breaker though. At least it plays the songs in my albums in the correct order.
I might have remb wrongly, mine plays it alright repeatimg the folder now but i remb there was once where the music stopped for awhile and i was at the last song.

Edit: Guess mine was at sequence play previously
IMG_20190522_181939.jpg

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #5,934 of 8,144
I tried and modded the Ziku X10, it sounds freaking amazing. I'm waiting on for my LT1028 SMD chip to replace the NE5532 stock chip in the DAP and adding some capacitor. All and all, very well balanced and powerful DAP.
IMG_4823.JPG IMG_4835.JPG
My recommend Op-amp for rolling are:
LME49720 for bright sound
OPA2134 for neutral and powerful sound
OPA2111KP for a slightly warm sound
Dual OPA627 for warm and detail sound

IV Chip can be changed to modern chips like AD8620, LT1028 or dual AD797 if you're a modding god. Examples are from Russian forum, those are not my mod, do at your own risk:CS_LPF_800.jpg detail ver 2_1.jpg

If you want to get rid of the pop sound when play the first song, try this, I've seen it on a Russian forum but didn't try it because i don't want to reduce the current from 15v to 9vreduce voltage to 9V.jpg

BTW anyone know how to modified playlist on this DAP? I tried to load playlists on it but the DAP didn't regconize the playlist.

May 23, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #5,937 of 8,144

I owned the player but just sent it off today for return. Actually a nice player but needs a firmware update. I had a Gueray X8 branded one.
upload_2019-5-23_18-21-5.png

upload_2019-5-23_18-21-31.png

First off the wheel is volume only and is not also a button.

If it was able to get a FW update it would really be ready for prime time. BT is 4.2 and pretty solid in range and connection and sounds good over BT. What killed the BT was every track got the first 2 seconds cut off. If they fixed that very solid BT for $35 player though no EQ over BT but the normal UI and FM works over BT.

The other issues were with the UI. The menu button does nothing when you hold it(short press gives a menu for the task you are under like music, video, radio menu etc.. FW fix needed is to go to the home menu with a long press of the button. Now you have to press the back button several times to get home or turn it off and on again which is quick so I did this sometimes.

Now playing screen is hard to get back to since it is only under MUSIC - Last Played so not under folder view and you'll have to keep pressing back till you get to the home menu again.

Player has no adjustable auto off time. Sleep timer yes but if you pause it, it is shutting off in two minutes. FW for selecting 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 minutes would be a nice fix.

Other than that it sounds pretty damn good but is more the "hi-fi" sound signature so closer to neutral and on the spacious, cool, and detailed side of things but airy and good clarity is there with quality bass just not very much of it. Power is decent unless you select certain EQ's then it does the no volume change from 21 to 31 thing to prevent clipping. Custom EQ is good and the only time the back button has a long press function(which could normally go back to now playing). Long press switches the sliders for the frequencies then you adjust and press play to set.

Like the play button is on top and changes the radio presets. You can set the presets to any number you want and the radio is great for reception.

Built well no doubt, radio is solid, BT is impressive, sound is good. Quality components. Headphone jack is strong and grips tight so you could drop it and save it by grabbing the earphone cable :)Screen is decent as well and can be quite bright. Buttons are good and no rattle noises at all.

A good thing is any button will turn the screen back on but there is no button to shut it like some have which is nice for night use in bed.

It has 3 "on the go" playlists and does do bookmarks and the battery life is long. Power is solid, maybe Benjie, a smidge lower thanS5 so it can go a little louder than other player but not under certain EQ's if they are enabled and cut frequencies. It will stay in the file navigator where you had it last, will power on with what you were doing last highlighted, and will be in the menus where you were last so if you play with EQ, every time you press menu from "now playing", equalizer will be what is highlighted. It has some smarts to it and is capable but is not as intuitive as it could be.

Earbuds they come with are junk. Manual for the Gueray X8 is nice and good English and covers everything but the FW is different. Mine had intro play and other things in the manual but not on the device. Also no real bugs but Funk EQ will display as UNIQ(ue) on the screen and Techno is BASS on the screen. So there should be other firmware's out there and the Ali Qosea one could be a bit different.

A few fixes and improvements and it would be a damn good budget player. For $37 I paid it was quite impressive but because of the BT bug, the unalterable auto off, and wanting something warmer I returned it to Amazon.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #5,938 of 8,144
I tried and modded the Ziku X10, it sounds freaking amazing. I'm waiting on for my LT1028 SMD chip to replace the NE5532 stock chip in the DAP and adding some capacitor. All and all, very well balanced and powerful DAP.

IV Chip can be changed to modern chips like AD8620, LT1028 or dual AD797 if you're a modding god. Examples are from Russian forum, those are not my mod, do at your own risk:

If you want to get rid of the pop sound when play the first song, try this, I've seen it on a Russian forum but didn't try it because i don't want to reduce the current from 15v to 9v

BTW anyone know how to modified playlist on this DAP? I tried to load playlists on it but the DAP didn't regconize the playlist.

Holy F**cK! I WANT TO MOD THIS LITTLE BABY! O_o

Have You tried OPA2228 already with it?

Wonder if there are already mods for X9 too? I like its looks but seems X10 is highly moddable (custom shell, replaceable battery etc.) :p

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #5,939 of 8,144

IV Chip can be changed to modern chips like AD8620, LT1028 or dual AD797 if you're a modding god. Examples are from Russian forum, those are not my mod, do at your own risk:

If you want to get rid of the pop sound when play the first song, try this, I've seen it on a Russian forum but didn't try it because i don't want to reduce the current from 15v to 9v

How was the sound with the stock op amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back