Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #2,956 of 6,459
Drool... eagerly waiting....

Any descriptions of differences/improvements etc?

I see the Draug v3! Waiting for others...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #2,957 of 6,459
Well, actually they will soon. I just sent an e-mail query about this subject to Trevor and got the following response:

Yes we will launch it tomorrow.
You will probably see the banner show up tonight, code available tomorrow.

Entire site you can use a coupon code applied to your cart for 20% off.

Therium - 4-wire and 8-wire will have a special discount , which can also combine with the 20% off for higher discount.

Items below will be listed on the site

confirmed:
new Solvine
Draug Silver
new Draug 3 (copper occ litz)

possible:
25awg copper occ litz iem cable
Solv X2 listing

other items:
new single side cable (3-wire, ribbon style cable)
some new adapters
preorder for new HD800 connector (Eidolic)

There will likely be some other things,
or specials on certain series that can combine with the savings.

Kind Regards,

Trevor

Wow I am terribly excited about the Draug 3 and new HD800 Eidolic connectors, they sound dope af. I have bought a cable from Norne previously and their customer service and build quality have been nothing short of excellent.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #2,958 of 6,459
Wow I am terribly excited about the Draug 3 and new HD800 Eidolic connectors, they sound dope af. I have bought a cable from Norne previously and their customer service and build quality have been nothing short of excellent.

+1 Agreed, about the quality of cables and service.

Nov 25, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #2,959 of 6,459
I’ll make that three who are absolutely pleased with Trevor’s work at Norne, he’s an artist!

Nov 26, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #2,960 of 6,459
Sorry guys, I have been a bit inundated so my posts on here have been a bit slower.
I am trying to get to all emails and quotes right now.
I took two days off for a change for Thanksgiving, but still managed to get some replies out (perhaps not all).
The other updates on the site for BF/CM should be up in some hours.
Thanks to everyone for the patience on my email replies, very much appreciated.
For questions on anything please just email me, I will be checking emails as often as I can in the next 12-24 hours.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #2,961 of 6,459
Looking for a new cable for LCD-2F.
Any advice whether I should get Draug 3 or Solvine?
Thanks

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #2,962 of 6,459
I placed an order for a Solvine. Excited to try out on my LCD3F! I wonder how many people are getting the new Solvine.

I have a Draug2 on my HD800 and it toned down the hot treble very well and gave a lot more body to the bass. I wonder if one would see similar changes when paired with the LCD-2F.

Nov 28, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #2,963 of 6,459
I placed an order for a Solvine. Excited to try out on my LCD3F! I wonder how many people are getting the new Solvine.

I have a Draug2 on my HD800 and it toned down the hot treble very well and gave a lot more body to the bass. I wonder if one would see similar changes when paired with the LCD-2F.
Actually, I have been using the Draug v2c for LCD-2F for almost a year with happiness.
Since Trevor releases Draug 3 and Solvine, it makes me wanna try his new cable but I could not afford both at the moment.
I then would like to have opinion from head-fiers whether which one I should go for.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #2,964 of 6,459
What would be a good headphone to use the new Solvine cable with? A LCD-3 maybe?

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #2,966 of 6,459
The Solvine don't have single 3.5mm TRRS connector listed in the termination menu.
Does it mean it can't be terminated by this connector?

It can, just for some reason that option was not activated in the drop down. I will make sure it gets added soon.

Nov 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,968 of 6,459
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I was hoping for a new big fat cable that'd fit MMCX connectors. Solvine would fit OK wouldn't it? (jk)

:disappointed:

Dec 3, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #2,970 of 6,459
Just ordered a 10ft Draug Silver for my HEK. After reading about Trevor's silver offerings for more than a year I'm super duper excited to hear itfor myself and add my thoughts about it here. But then I think it would not be any different from the others.

The waiting and anticipations begins now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back