Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #1,981 of 6,469

Have you been in touch with him? Not defending the fact you have to, but getting periodic updates from Trevor (his response times were quite good) helped me not get too frustrated with the process. Mine took about 41 days total from ordering, and I got a very basic customization.I 

I reached out to him via the website and got no response.  I'm planning on trying again soon, but I'm beginning to think that a 3-month wait is not out of the ordinary so I'm not panicking just yet.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #1,982 of 6,469
Life happens. I had what I considered good communication last week when I was placing my order. I haven't heard back about a question I aske

Apr 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #1,983 of 6,469
Apologies for the delay I recently had to deal with some emergency dental work combined with getting taxes done (quite the combo), so emails
have not been the quickest for everyone, but I did get about 100 emails answered in the past 3 days.  I am going through to see
what I missed.  Otherwise send me a PM or another email.  I always try to get to emails the same day, so if it goes longer than
that just send me another one to bump.  In rare cases it can go to the wrong folder or spam, so to ensure this does not
happen use the contact form on the site. 

Quote:
  Got my little adapter from Trevor. A+ Service, and work. Would recommend for all your cable needs. Even came in a cool little Norne Audio Pouch!

Thanks UFO, appreciate the support.

I second all that has been said.  I just got back from the Nashville meet and there were several cans there with Draug cables.  The build quality is second to none.  Also know that the Draug is the most difficult and labor intensive cable to build of all that Trevor offers

Thanks pippen, and someday the draug 2 may end up not being offered anymore as it is very hard to sustain labor wise and is sort of a clog in the pipes production wise.  While this would be sad for me personally as its my own creation (hate to see it go), it may have to be a reality at some point. 
At the very least price may raise on it due to the labor being utilized. 

Yours is set to go out today or tomorrow, and compensation will be sent for the longer delay if it has not been already.

Songmic, I know who you are as you are a customer multiple times in the past years, I do not see your email but will check now.
Draug 2 do have the longest wait times due to the insane labor on the build and popularity.   
I will get you an email soon with an update. 

Please send me a PM, if you have already I will check on this and see why it is not shipped.
We did have a wood splitter delay on some orders, and also a parts delay for a few others. 

Life happens. I had what I considered good communication last week when I was placing my order. I haven't heard back about a question I aske

Kino, please shoot me a PM with your order number or email
so I can search my inbox in regards to your question.  Apologies if the questions was missed.

To all waiting:

The bottom line is, as long as you have an order in, you will be getting your cable shipped out.
It is not my goal to have people unhappy having to wait for their cable, and given the high demand I am doing my best to meet the ship times.
When they are missed I typically always compensate in some fashion (upgraded shipping, coupon code, etc.). 

But I am glad to say that things are getting quicker everyday right now (apart from this recent unexpected event to interrupt my build schedule),
things are still on good pace to get the backlog back to where it should be.  Please email via contact form on the site with your order number for status update and you should get reply today.

I will be replying to PM's now, and checking for any missed emails.  
Again if your email has not been answered in a day just send it again or use the contact form to send
the email to make sure I do get it. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #1,984 of 6,469
To those who were nervous or had their doubts, this is why you should feel comfortable purchasing a cable from Trevor!

He genuinely cares and is proud of his cables/offerings. You don't often see such a personalized method for dealing with customers.

:)

Apr 12, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,985 of 6,469
To those who were nervous or had their doubts, this is why you should feel comfortable purchasing a cable from Trevor!

He genuinely cares and is proud of his cables/offerings. You don't often see such a personalized method for dealing with customers.

smily_headphones1.gif

Big +1. Trevor is truly an honest and hard working guy. I've bought cables from him for years now and have recommended him to friends many times over. In fairness, he has more business than he can get to. I see him making moves to increase his efficiency and I think that the wait times will be appreciably less once he's caught up, IMHO. 

For those who are still waiting, hang in there! Trevor will get to you and I think that you'll be receiving the finest craftsmanship on the market. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,987 of 6,469
Got a reply from Trevor. As a returning customer for several years, I can definitely vouch for the quality and craftsmanship of his cables. He didn't used to be this busy back in the old days, must be swamped with all the work and emails now that the popularity of Norse/Norne has spread far and wide.

My Draug v2 will be shipped out next week.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #1,988 of 6,469
Tim to share some photos of Trevor's excellent craftsmanship!
Cables are as follows.

For hd800:
7ft grey/black draug2 with black stealth aluminum splitter, eidolic 4pin tellerium copper/gold plated xlr.

For edition X:
7ft silvergarde S grey/black herringbone - same tecu 4pin as other cable.

Misc adapters:
Custom made silvergarde S :
reverse phase right channel only with special silver bling sleeve. Red sleeve to designate right channel special adapter for RPT.

Other adapter is a nice dual3pin to 4pin xlr adapter: using valab carbon fiber barrels with tellerium copper and rhodium plated pins. Sleeve is grey/black herring bone to match edition X cable.

How do you like the silvergrade S? What is the pricing on these, I couldnt find them on the website.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,989 of 6,469
If also like to give Trevor some credit where credit is due. I've worked with about 4 different custom cable makers over the years... now, what I'm about to say is a very general statement but needs to be said - most cable makers are terrible at getting back to folks. For one reason or another, they just are. Trevor is the one glaring exception to that norm. I mean, I emailed him yesterday and heard back in a couple of hours. The last time we emailed (about two weeks ago) he was just as responsive. This level of contact/communication is unheard of in the world of cable making (from what I've seen, anyway). Honestly, this cable order has been the least stressful order yet, and if all goes well with the new cable once I receive it, he'll have a customer for life.

Just wanted to lend some support. I know some of ya are waiting for a while now but, at least we know why the the delay happened, that he's totally trying his hardest to fulfill orders ASAP, and heck; he's also compensating folks for the delay. Can't ask for anything more, really.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #1,990 of 6,469
looking for a nice cable to beef up the midrange on a kinda v-shaped , but still great sounding CIEM 

2-pin socket (like UM/CA) and zx2-trrs termination is also required

which ciem cable  would you suggest guys ?

thanx 
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,991 of 6,469
  looking for a nice cable to beef up the midrange on a kinda v-shaped , but still great sounding CIEM 

2-pin socket (like UM/CA) and zx2-trrs termination is also required

which ciem cable  would you suggest guys ?

thanx 
biggrin.gif

go for Therium

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,992 of 6,469
Just ordered a Vanquish for my HE-400i and 400, looking forward to receiving it! Love that the adapters are offered so I can just use one cable and use adapters as needed if I end up with a different brand of headphones in the future.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #1,993 of 6,469
Just wanted to add another happy customer post! My Zoetic cable for my HE1000 continues to amaze me. I was quite skeptical going from the stock cable to my first custom cable, which I loved, and I was even more skeptical about going from that to the Zoetic. (Norne's refund policy was a big factor in me ordering, but after listening I'm not going to have to use it!). It's astonishing how engaging and clear and smooth music sounds now. I can't recommend buying Trevor's cables enough for TOTL cans. 

Apr 19, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #1,995 of 6,469

Thanks Song, your tracking will be sent soon.
  How do you like the silvergrade S? What is the pricing on these, I couldnt find them on the website.

Once this SG-S clear edition is in stock this coming week it will be listed on the site.  The original version has been email orders only for a while. 

Thanks Eric for the post and kind remarks.  You will have an email soon. 

Just wanted to add another happy customer post! My Zoetic cable for my HE1000 continues to amaze me. I was quite skeptical going from the stock cable to my first custom cable, which I loved, and I was even more skeptical about going from that to the Zoetic. (Norne's refund policy was a big factor in me ordering, but after listening I'm not going to have to use it!). It's astonishing how engaging and clear and smooth music sounds now. I can't recommend buying Trevor's cables enough for TOTL cans. 

Happy to hear it thanks Pave :)

To all: 

After shipping today I will make sure there are no more emails left needed to be answered,
if you do not receive a reply tonight please PM me with your email address or send another email
via site contact form.  

Thank you to all for the patience and support along the way. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back