Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 3, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #1,891 of 6,459
Well for those who are still waiting, let me tease you with what I just found from my mailbox today :D

This is the 4th (and 1st IEM, other being HD800, LCD3, and HE6) cable I got from Trevor over the years and while the wait at times are long, he is the best cable maker I had dealt with both from a production as well as a servicing aspect. The product is great, but it is Trevor the person that really make a difference and it reflect upon the final quality of his production. I have access to a lot of cable makers in Asia especially in China via Taobao but always come back to Trevor whenever I need a really good one for my TOTL gears.

One thing I learned from reading many cable maker threads here, is that you gotta go in with with a patient attitude.

I also tends to agree when dealing with customized or made-to-order products, be it cables, CIEM, or tailored suit, it is always best to go in with a patient mindset and treat the maker with respect as a skilled craftsman and not treat them as mere goods seller/merchant.

Mar 3, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,892 of 6,459
^

Cannot agree more. I am highly impressed with Trevor's cables and would not even consider going anywhere else for future cable requirements. 

Those CIEM's are stunning!! 

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #1,893 of 6,459
Is it just me or trevor never replies to emails? I emailed him about my order I made in Dec 15 and got one reply 5 weeks ago and nothing every since. Emailed him 3 times the past 3 weeks and no reply....all I wanted is an update..is that too much to ask for?

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #1,894 of 6,459
  Is it just me or trevor never replies to emails? I emailed him about my order I made in Dec 15 and got one reply 5 weeks ago and nothing every since. Emailed him 3 times the past 3 weeks and no reply....all I wanted is an update..is that too much to ask for?

Trevor is of course very very busy but send him a PM through this site. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #1,895 of 6,459

Trevor is incredibly busy. If he gave updates to everyone every week than he wouldn't get much work done making cables. Everyone will get their cable in time. Seems to be about 2months or so. And other company's that do cables are around 3-4months wait! Soooo not bad!!! Well worth the wait imho. Trevor does good work and he is constantly trying to play catchup with all the orders he gets. Basically if you're patient, you will get your cable, but if for some reason you feel it's been too long or longer than the expected 2+months approx, shoot him a pm on headfi and he will get back to you. He isn't intentionally ignoring anyone! He is human and some emails get lost or overlooked.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,896 of 6,459
Well for those who are still waiting, let me tease you with what I just found from my mailbox today :D

This is the 4th (and 1st IEM, other being HD800, LCD3, and HE6) cable I got from Trevor over the years and while the wait at times are long, he is the best cable maker I had dealt with both from a production as well as a servicing aspect. The product is great, but it is Trevor the person that really make a difference and it reflect upon the final quality of his production. I have access to a lot of cable makers in Asia especially in China via Taobao but always come back to Trevor whenever I need a really good one for my TOTL gears.
I also tends to agree when dealing with customized or made-to-order products, be it cables, CIEM, or tailored suit, it is always best to go in with a patient mindset and treat the maker with respect as a skilled craftsman and not treat them as mere goods seller/merchant.

Your last quote is so true. Trevor is a skilled craftsman. Sometimes I see people treat him like he is some huge company like Amazon and have unreasonable expectations. He is a one man show that puts out a top quality product. Patience will pay off. Aggressiveness does not.

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,898 of 6,459
Your last quote is so true. Trevor is a skilled craftsman. Sometimes I see people treat him like he is some huge company like Amazon and have unreasonable expectations. He is a one man show that puts out a top quality product. Patience will pay off. Aggressiveness does not.

Trevor is a master craftsman and thus he does not mass produce mundane crap. If one wants an exquisite, hand crafted cable, then one must wait. I have two great cables Trevor has made for me and would like to get two more lol ( but money is a luxury). Thus just be patient, for your cables to be handcrafted.:)

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #1,899 of 6,459
Well for those who are still waiting, let me tease you with what I just found from my mailbox today
biggrin.gif

Thanks for taking the time to post and being so patient with your order delivery (and also so kind and cordial in your emails), happy it is safely in hand.

p.s.
 I love that Teal / Aqua like color combo with the steampunk aesthetic on your Noble, very nice.

----------------------
edit: for everyone else I am back to same day reply time (mostly) for emails, so if you don't get a reply
definitely use the sites contact form to email, or as a final option PM me. 

Mar 4, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #1,900 of 6,459

I can totally relate to how you feel. I guess I can be patient and laid back as this isn't my first time ordering from Trevor. But hard to do if this is a first time purchase.

LoL I didn't exactly heed my own advise when I ordered by Noble K10 over black friday. While I had plenty experience with ordering CIEMs and the dreaded wait and lead time involved, I still freaked out and send a not too polite email over a silly incident. Knowing full well the backlog that thanksgiving sales is going to create, I wanted to beat the crowd and send in my ear impressions as early as possible. Thus I paid over usd50 for DHL overnight international express and sent my impressions Monday after thanksgiving. Then 2 weeks later, on 15th Dec, I received an "acknowledge email" from Noble saying they "just" received my impressions today when tracking showed it was delivered and signed for on 1st Dec. This being my first time purchase with Noble (and an impulse but no less), I didn't know it was their standard handling to batch impressions they received in their US office and send it to their workshop back to Asia. The acknowledgement is actually from the actual workshop lady. But boy was I feeling furious at that time and thought what kind of "acknowledging 2weeks later to buy time" BS they are pulling on me... Long story short they clarifyed and I apologized and everything turn out well. Those are the gorgerously built K10 with real watch component in the pics I posted.

:D

Hope you get your cable shipped soon and I m quite sure you will enjoy them as much as I do!

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #1,901 of 6,459
Thanks for taking the time to post and being so patient with your order delivery (and also so kind and cordial in your emails), happy it is safely in hand.

Ok next time I'm going all CAPS and death threats if you don't ship mine IMMEDIATELY! :wink:

But seriously USPS tracking as showing delivery on 8th Mar Tue and it is really a big surprised to got it so quickly! Thanks for the good job!

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #1,902 of 6,459
Anyone know if the wait time is just as long for an adapter like a Headthrone? While waiting for my SolvX for PM-1's, I also got HD800S and now want to be able to use my new cable (when it finally arrives) with these phones too! I don't want to keep interrupting Trevor for such questions. I have asked him for updates a lot already but this question I thought I'd ask the forum.

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #1,905 of 6,459
been using the solv x for some time, there seems to be a high pitch noise when I don't play any music in. any ideas what this is about? someone told me it might be due to the cable leaking RF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back