Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Mar 16, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,922 of 6,449
Hey Trevor!

Have heard tons of good things about Norne's cables. Just dropped you a PM to clarify some things before ordering! Do take a look when it's convenient for you :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,923 of 6,449
I just received me Vanquish cable for Alpha Prime headphones. Looks amazing, great build quality, and from my initial listening the sound is excellent. Working with Trevor was great to get these made, and I will definitely do further business. Great products and customer experience.

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #1,924 of 6,449

I just received my Solv X for my Audeze LCD-X/XC today!

For anyone who browses this thread and is wondering whether or not they should buy a cable from Trevor, I think you should.

He's been a pleasure to deal with since I made my first purchase in late 2014. I sincerely admire his patience and his close eye for detail. I've bought quite a good amount of cables too (waiting for 3 more) and their quality is superb. I tend to go with the Draug2 because I find them the most aesthetically appealing, but I have to say that the build quality and looks of this Solv X are wonderful.

I'll be honest and admit that I'm not the biggest believer in cables improving (at least drastically improving) sound quality, but I can't deny the fact that it genuinely seems like the bass of my Audeze headphones has tightened up with both the Draug2 and now the Solv X.

It might be silly to want aftermarket cables for their looks, but I guess I'd be no different than people who enjoy mechanical keyboards and spend hundreds of dollars on unique keycaps.

TL;DR: Trevor is awesome and Norne Audio does deserve all the praise it gets.

-Dylan 

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #1,926 of 6,449
Hi Tigz, just wanted to confirm an order I placed last week. I know you're busy however wanted to see if there is normally a confirmation email sent after an order is placed? I've got the PayPal email but nothing more than that.

Mar 18, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #1,929 of 6,449

Teaser pic I got from Jack Vang who's received my Norne Therium cable for the time being (XP with my Zeus).

Flat braid 8 cond. TeCU Eidolic barrel, 2.5mm TRRS Eidolic spacious barrel, black metal triangle Y splitter with red fill logo

Mar 18, 2016 at 4:00 PM Post #1,931 of 6,449
My puppy victimized Alclair RSM Quads jus cam back from repair, and once again I am reminded of how poor audio memory can be. Listened to several albums with the stock cable, fantastic I near monitors, plugged in my Threium 4 Wire, oy vey!!!! Huge, wide, deep soundstage, incredible detail, while retaining musicality, Trevor these are the best CIEM Cable made, no doubt. Hope to try the 8 maybe when I do my CIEM Shootout this summer.

Mar 18, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,932 of 6,449
Are the Draug 2 already burned in or do they require burn in or do they improve with burn in?
Honestly they sound great right when I plugged them in unlike the PlusSound cables which required a lot of burn in.

Mar 19, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #1,933 of 6,449

I just received my Solv X for my Audeze LCD-X/XC today!

For anyone who browses this thread and is wondering whether or not they should buy a cable from Trevor, I think you should.

He's been a pleasure to deal with since I made my first purchase in late 2014. I sincerely admire his patience and his close eye for detail. I've bought quite a good amount of cables too (waiting for 3 more) and their quality is superb. I tend to go with the Draug2 because I find them the most aesthetically appealing, but I have to say that the build quality and looks of this Solv X are wonderful.

I'll be honest and admit that I'm not the biggest believer in cables improving (at least drastically improving) sound quality, but I can't deny the fact that it genuinely seems like the bass of my Audeze headphones has tightened up with both the Draug2 and now the Solv X.

It might be silly to want aftermarket cables for their looks, but I guess I'd be no different than people who enjoy mechanical keyboards and spend hundreds of dollars on unique keycaps.

TL;DR: Trevor is awesome and Norne Audio does deserve all the praise it gets.

-Dylan 

Can you please share some comparisons between the Draug2 and Solv X?

Thanks

Mar 19, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #1,934 of 6,449
  Are the Draug 2 already burned in or do they require burn in or do they improve with burn in?
Honestly they sound great right when I plugged them in unlike the PlusSound cables which required a lot of burn in.

IMO they improve with time.  Its subtle but noticeable.

Mar 19, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #1,935 of 6,449
Why would a cable improve over time
confused.gif

rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back