Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Jun 22, 2014 at 6:05 AM Post #872 of 6,459

Yes. It opens up the treble a bit, which was nice with my JH-13s. 

Thanks. And ergonomics wise? And compared to others?

Same as his other cables: Very soft and flexible. I was originally worried about an 8-wire (4x4) IEM cable being too thick, but it hasn't been a problem so far, as long as I don't wear glasses.

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #873 of 6,459

Portable set-up eye candy. I'm still burning in the cables but it gave me a great first impression. This setup consist of Fiio X5 -> Norse Draug Interconnect -> Ray Samuel Intruder balanced amp -> norse draug alo to balanced adapter -> draug balanced Hd800 Cable -. HD800.

by far this is the best portable (actually more transportable) setup I have heard it actually edges close sonically to my Audio GD Dac19 (PCM1704UK) tandem with a bottlehead crack + speedball.

I don't wanna review the whole gear in here cos this is a cable thread but I'll review the norse draug instead compared with HD800 stock cable.

Build quality. This is impressive when it first arrive i was actually was surprised on how good the build quality is. It may look big but it's no way heavy. the stock HD800 cable actually feels heavier than draug even with the huge balanced connector. When I wear it I totally forget the cable is there. it's really that comfortable to use.

Bass: no contest compared to HD800 stock cable the bass is more solid, punchier and more detailed. I can now clearly tell the difference bass guitar note compared to a more uniform sound on the stock cable

Mids: Really detailed but relaxed a bit pushed more a step behind the stock cable. the stock cable is more forward still detailed but more grainy

Highs: really detailed smooth and extended. compared to stock cable that's sometimes can be harsh even though the stock cable is more detailed in the treble area.

sound stage and instrument: this part really wows me. The sound stage is utterly huge........ with hd800 i forgot I'm listening to headphones and feel like listening to a studio monitor. it's also really deep with clear instrument separation. in comparison with the stock cable the stock cable has more air and separates instrument more but it sometimes makes the sound stage to have significant gaps. The draug fills the sound stage more but the same time retains a clear instrument separation.

Service and posting: Service from Trevor is absolutely top notched. he always reply my query quickly and promise of build time is to the dot accurate. definitely one of the best online seller I have ever dealt with. I've made more order from him just because I am that satisfied with his product quality and service

Hope this helps anyone considering an upgrade cable for HD800. the draug is really good match for it

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #874 of 6,459

Portable set-up eye candy. I'm still burning in the cables but it gave me a great first impression. This setup consist of Fiio X5 -> Norse Draug Interconnect -> Ray Samuel Intruder balanced amp -> norse draug alo to balanced adapter -> draug balanced Hd800 Cable -. HD800.

by far this is the best portable (actually more transportable) setup I have heard it actually edges close sonically to my Audio GD Dac19 (PCM1704UK) tandem with a bottlehead crack + speedball.

I don't wanna review the whole gear in here cos this is a cable thread but I'll review the norse draug instead compared with HD800 stock cable.

Build quality. This is impressive when it first arrive i was actually was surprised on how good the build quality is. It may look big but it's no way heavy. the stock HD800 cable actually feels heavier than draug even with the huge balanced connector. When I wear it I totally forget the cable is there. it's really that comfortable to use.

Bass: no contest compared to HD800 stock cable the bass is more solid, punchier and more detailed. I can now clearly tell the difference bass guitar note compared to a more uniform sound on the stock cable

Mids: Really detailed but relaxed a bit pushed more a step behind the stock cable. the stock cable is more forward still detailed but more grainy

Highs: really detailed smooth and extended. compared to stock cable that's sometimes can be harsh even though the stock cable is more detailed in the treble area.

sound stage and instrument: this part really wows me. The sound stage is utterly huge........ with hd800 i forgot I'm listening to headphones and feel like listening to a studio monitor. it's also really deep with clear instrument separation. in comparison with the stock cable the stock cable has more air and separates instrument more but it sometimes makes the sound stage to have significant gaps. The draug fills the sound stage more but the same time retains a clear instrument separation.

Service and posting: Service from Trevor is absolutely top notched. he always reply my query quickly and promise of build time is to the dot accurate. definitely one of the best online seller I have ever dealt with. I've made more order from him just because I am that satisfied with his product quality and service

Hope this helps anyone considering an upgrade cable for HD800. the draug is really good match for it

Sexy looking cables 
beyersmile.png

Also, a portable HD800 setup... interesting.

Jun 26, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #875 of 6,459
Been searching high and low for a great cable at a somewhat fair price when I stumbled onto this thread. Here I thought I'd be spending $400+ and now I've spent $268 with tax. I was like "Oh cool he's in California like me"  then I was like..." oh yeah now I have to pay tax lol"

Anywho...look forward to trying this cable with my Audeze. It has to be better than my stock cable! Thanks for pointing me towards this guy and what looks to be an amazing cable at a very fair price.

Mine:

Vanquish Series OCC Litz 7-core, modified Type 6 Headphone Cable
  - Length: 6 ft.
  - Headphone Type: Audeze LCD-2/LCD-3/L..
  - Sleeve Color: Dark Brown
  - Termination: Cardas GRQ SS 1/4&qu..
  - Exotic Wood Splitter Type (not required): Caribbean Rosewood
  - Connector Heatshrink: Metallic Gold

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #876 of 6,459
Sexy looking cables :beyersmile:  

Also, a portable HD800 setup... interesting.

I wouldn't call it portable more transportable. I wouldn't use it in a public transport per se :)

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #877 of 6,459
  Been searching high and low for a great cable at a somewhat fair price when I stumbled onto this thread. Here I thought I'd be spending $400+ and now I've spent $268 with tax. I was like "Oh cool he's in California like me"  then I was like..." oh yeah now I have to pay tax lol"

Anywho...look forward to trying this cable with my Audeze. It has to be better than my stock cable! Thanks for pointing me towards this guy and what looks to be an amazing cable at a very fair price.

Mine:

Haha, the same things went through my mind as well. Also when I went and looked at other cable makers pages, I noticed some had like a 2 month wait. The longest I'm willing to wait is about a month. I know some people on Head-fi have waited 6 months to over a year on custom orders of gear. I will never understand why 

It's also the main reason I waited to order my Alpha Dogs. There was an 8 week wait til shipping for awhile. Now there is no wait at all and they're in stock.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #878 of 6,459
Could someone post actual pictures of the new iem cable(or the other one too) attached to a iem/ciem? I had an 8 wire Norse cable before but that seems kinda crazy for an iem. Also is there any other color choice?

Jun 26, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #879 of 6,459
  Haha, the same things went through my mind as well. Also when I went and looked at other cable makers pages, I noticed some had like a 2 month wait. The longest I'm willing to wait is about a month. I know some people on Head-fi have waited 6 months to over a year on custom orders of gear. I will never understand why

It's also the main reason I waited to order my Alpha Dogs. There was an 8 week wait til shipping for awhile. Now there is no wait at all and they're in stock.

Yes I was worried as I looked at the cables from other companies I bummed at the high wait times. I'm not sure how long Norne takes but if this thread is anything to go by I might have it pretty quick!

Jun 26, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #881 of 6,459

Mine:

My vanquish is great with my lcd2.2, the stock cable was eol'd so great reason to buy another cable from Trevor. About a week for him to make. SQ improved over stock cable.

Jun 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #882 of 6,459

Just got my Vanquish. Fantastic build quality I can't wait to hear these and give my impressions. Thank you Trevor!

Jul 6, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #883 of 6,459
Hi all, just a couple of questions:

1. What material is the sleeve made of? it looks like some sort of fabric, but I just can't tell and I couldn't find a clear answer on the website.
2. Is any of the 3 types of cables considered particularly recommended for the HE-500?

I recently got the HE-500 with 2 additional cables, one from a very reputable cables maker, but I have to say I'm just not very happy with the cables. Both are unsleeved and I feel are not isolated enough (both have a microphonics problem). I'd like a substantial and well isolated cable, and the Norne cables look in the photos to be just that, but I can't tell what are the sleeves made of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back