Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Oct 19, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #4,023 of 6,459
Which Norne Audio cable would you recommend for my LCD-4z?

I'm trying to "fix" them as I find them way too dark so trying to bump that 4.5 KHz region to give them some air.
I am sure there might be several Norne cables that will help you, and I will recommend the Draug 3. The Draug 3, helped open up the sound and added a bit of air with my Aeolus, which are a warmer headphone. With the Draug 3, the soundstage definitely got wider deeper, and airier, while the bass extension got tighter and deeper, as well. Really a spectacular cable in the way it feels in hand, looks, and sounds. The braiding on this cable is insane, and is dang near perfect on mine. I imagine the labor is painstakingly intense, getting things so perfect, and for the money this cable, is an incredible deal.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #4,024 of 6,459
I am sure there might be several Norne cables that will help you, and I will recommend the Draug 3. The Draug 3, helped open up the sound and added a bit of air with my Aeolus, which are a warmer headphone. With the Draug 3, the soundstage definitely got wider deeper, and airier, while the bass extension got tighter and deeper, as well. Really a spectacular cable in the way it feels in hand, looks, and sounds. The braiding on this cable is insane, and is dang near perfect on mine. I imagine the labor is painstakingly intense, getting things so perfect, and for the money this cable, is an incredible deal.

I have to say the Draug series have insane braiding and comendable craftsmanship however it is a bit too cluttered for my taste visually.

Would like to take the Silvergarde S3 Clear road unless this combination is not recommended as it is the most aesthetically pleasing of them all in my opinion.

Also, looking for a cable to keep for long term use with various headphones (self re-terminating if required) as I see it as a long term investment and not just for my current headphone collection.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #4,025 of 6,459
I have to say the Draug series have insane braiding and comendable craftsmanship however it is a bit too cluttered for my taste visually.

Would like to take the Silvergarde S3 Clear road unless this combination is not recommended as it is the most aesthetically pleasing of them all in my opinion.

Also, looking for a cable to keep for long term use with various headphones (self re-terminating if required) as I see it as a long term investment and not just for my current headphone collection.
Silvergarde S3C, is the next cable I plan to buy, and totally agree with you about the looks on that one. You are way braver than me, on doing the re-termination yourself.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #4,026 of 6,459
Which Norne Audio cable would you recommend for my LCD-4z?

I'm trying to "fix" them as I find them way too dark so trying to bump that 4.5 KHz region to give them some air.
I think there are some tuned version for specific headphone to maximize their synergy. You can ask Trevor if he have a cable for the 4z.

Oct 22, 2019 at 9:19 PM Post #4,027 of 6,459
Just received my Silvergarde SX. 4.4mm balanced plug, for use with a 64audio A12T.

As usual, amazing build quality. The cord is so light. Although much thicker than the stock cord, it is however much easier to handle, and tangles less easily. No discomfort/pressure when hooked over the ear. It is so soft to the touch, and so flexible too, that it hangs easily over the ear without any use of a silicon guide/brace on the cable. Slider is nice and smooth too.

I am using it with an iBasso dx220 plus a brand new amp8 module.

First impressions:
Super smooth up top. Zero grain zero sibilance. Honey smooth. But not lacking detail. Very clear crystal highs.

A tremendous amount of bass. Very full sounding. Almost to the point of bloated. I hope this will calm down after some use.

Mids have so much heft and body. Stock sounds thin and lean compared to this combo (I'm guessing amp8 has a part to play too).

If I had one word to describe it, "Lush".

Totally does not conform to common conception that silver cables are lean/bright.

Amazing cable. Trevor has a bit of trouble keeping up with orders, the wait was long, but damn...he makes hell of a cable..!

20191023_050011-01.jpeg

Compared to stock cable
20191023_050400-01.jpeg

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #4,028 of 6,459
@Roasty How long did your build take?

Oct 23, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #4,029 of 6,459
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #4,030 of 6,459
Just received my Silvergarde SX. 4.4mm balanced plug, for use with a 64audio A12T.

As usual, amazing build quality. The cord is so light. Although much thicker than the stock cord, it is however much easier to handle, and tangles less easily. No discomfort/pressure when hooked over the ear. It is so soft to the touch, and so flexible too, that it hangs easily over the ear without any use of a silicon guide/brace on the cable. Slider is nice and smooth too.

I am using it with an iBasso dx220 plus a brand new amp8 module.

First impressions:
Super smooth up top. Zero grain zero sibilance. Honey smooth. But not lacking detail. Very clear crystal highs.

A tremendous amount of bass. Very full sounding. Almost to the point of bloated. I hope this will calm down after some use.

Mids have so much heft and body. Stock sounds thin and lean compared to this combo (I'm guessing amp8 has a part to play too).

If I had one word to describe it, "Lush".

Totally does not conform to common conception that silver cables are lean/bright.

Amazing cable. Trevor has a bit of trouble keeping up with orders, the wait was long, but damn...he makes hell of a cable..!

Compared to stock cable
That's awesome looking! I did not know, that the SX came braided like that? In the website pictures, the wire is twisted, and I am curious if you special requested the braid? It really is a totally different experience with Norne Silver, than what everyone thinks. My full sized Silvergarde S1, definitely has the same effect, as what you are describing. My Silvergarde S1, is my warmest cable, and I absolutely love that.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #4,031 of 6,459
That's awesome looking! I did not know, that the SX came braided like that? In the website pictures, the wire is twisted, and I am curious if you special requested the braid? It really is a totally different experience with Norne Silver, than what everyone thinks. My full sized Silvergarde S1, definitely has the same effect, as what you are describing. My Silvergarde S1, is my warmest cable, and I absolutely love that.

Yes it is also definitely my warmest silver cable. Not sure what he did or how he did it, but it's pretty amazing to get such a lush full sound. I have a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor so am going to try the dx220 with the amp1 module and see if the amp8 contributed much to the sound I'm getting now.

I didn't request for a special braid. I think the SX comes like that now.

Oct 23, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #4,032 of 6,459
Yes it is also definitely my warmest silver cable. Not sure what he did or how he did it, but it's pretty amazing to get such a lush full sound. I have a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adaptor so am going to try the dx220 with the amp1 module and see if the amp8 contributed much to the sound I'm getting now.

I didn't request for a special braid. I think the SX comes like that now.
Cool, Thanks! I like the look of that braid, vs the older twist look.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #4,033 of 6,459
I think the whole process took 6 weeks thereabouts.
That is actually on the faster side of things, from what I have read, and not bad considering how popular his cables are.

Oct 23, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #4,034 of 6,459
That is exactly right. If you are considering ordering a cable and do not need the Black Friday discount I would order now. The wait time after BF will probably be much longer.
That is actually on the faster side of things, from what I have read, and not bad considering how popular his cables are.

Oct 23, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #4,035 of 6,459
I think the whole process took 6 weeks thereabouts.

That's cool. I was mostly just checking. I've got a Draug3 being made. Been about 8 weeks now. I'm not in a rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back