Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,686 of 4,655
-_-... Go watch this cb3723. Its done by the guy who knows more about hard hits than a lot of people here. Hawaiibadboy. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ey5ack4bzBc&list=UUM3l8DGeyX-7RuggVT1OXmQ now that's something special.

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,687 of 4,655
Too cheap, bad reviews, etc. I'm just not even going to bother with them.

What do you mean by cheap? Tyll from Innerfidelity liked them. I thought they were pretty cool when I tried them. They're a bit v-shaped but the bass impact is good even without the sensation55 driver on.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #2,688 of 4,655
What do you mean by cheap? Tyll from Innerfidelity liked them. I thought they were pretty cool when I tried them. They're a bit v-shaped but the bass impact is good even without the sensation55 driver on.
yeah, but my JVC's will impact more. I guarantee that.

Apr 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #2,690 of 4,655
Apr 14, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #2,691 of 4,655
... You aren't getting it. I don't feel like wasting money to prove something I know for certain. Tell me when the skull candy crushers start to distort with an e11 or e12, and if they don't distort(worse than they usually do... Being bass cans and all.) then I'll have a look at them, but for now ill stick to my proven bass thumpers. The JVC's. I don't think that those skull crushers could stand being amped.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #2,692 of 4,655
Want to prove me wrong? Try full volume with the e11. The 55's don't distort, and they double as speakers when amped.

Apr 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #2,693 of 4,655
I think they are too much of a one trick pony for me, but they are fun for sure.

They're even more of a one-trick pony than the JVCs. I personally won't be getting either of them because I value my mid and highs just as much as the bass.

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #2,694 of 4,655
... You aren't getting it. I don't feel like wasting money to prove something I know for certain. Tell me when the skull candy crushers start to distort with an e11 or e12, and if they don't distort(worse than they usually do... Being bass cans and all.) then I'll have a look at them, but for now ill stick to my proven bass thumpers. The JVC's. I don't think that those skull crushers could stand being amped.

Tell me again how things that happen after reasonable listening levels are passed are good measurements of a headphone's quality.

And you can't know for certain about anything without listening to them first. And if you are, that's just arrogance.

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #2,696 of 4,655
Tell me again how things that happen after reasonable listening levels are passed are good measurements of a headphone's quality.

And you can't know for certain about anything without listening to them first. And if you are, that's just arrogance.

Yeah it isn't about how good or bad the JVC's are, it's the idea that he is confident that the Skullcandy's are bad for no reason.

DisCHORDDubstep, I'm not saying that the Crushers are better or worse than the JVC's. I'm just saying it's silly...no ignorant to say for sure one way or the other without trying them. You don't have to try them or like them, but don't pretend you know things you don't. I have NO IDEA how the JVC's sound. I'll be looking for a bass cannon fun headphone for <$100 soon, and I will try them, Crushers, and several others, because trying is how you learn.

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2,697 of 4,655
They're skullcandy, they must be bad 
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #2,698 of 4,655
Apr 14, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,699 of 4,655
  They're skullcandy, they must be bad 
wink.gif

Exactly! No headphone manufacturer has ever improved their sound quality!

I mean, the fact that headphone companies do R&D is absolutely unforeseeable!

Seriously though, @discord remember the rule of never taking other people's opinion as absolute fact? Well, now's as good a time as ever to mysteriously remember it 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back