Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #2,462 of 4,655
  Deep pockets is an extreme problem for a 16yo audiophile like me!

Let me guess...mother, wife, daughter? Maybe a sister or female cousin somewhere?

The struggle is real, 17 years old and unable to get a job because of school here.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #2,464 of 4,655
When I have the money I will have girlfriends, guns, shoes, speakers, headphones, cars, cameras, recording equipment, a home theater...all the expensive hobbies.

And I'm not invited?
Well then, I'll start my own expensive hobby club, with blackjack and hookers! (And Stax's, and Audeze's!)

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #2,465 of 4,655
How do you think your current SO, family, friends, coworkers, bosses, colleagues, would react if they found out about the hobby and you let them try on your cans? It's relevant conversation, and I'm trying to post something meaningful in place of my double post.

Well, my girlfriend started this all
My friends think I'm crazy (although some think its cool, but won't spend the money theirselves)
I don't have a job so don't have coworkers
Bosses I'll take as teachers, I don't really think I should talk to them about it (although one said my headphones were huge, talking about the HE-300)
And colleagues, I take that as people from my class, they're calling me names and such for it.

All of them already know.. Hehe

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #2,466 of 4,655
I got a full-time job during the summer at 14 , how hard can it be at 17.

Well good sir, I have to travel 4.5 hours everyday for school, then I'm of course about 8 hours at school, then I still have atleast a hour of homework, still got to eat, and I also want a small amount of free time.

I have a long distance relationship, so every vacation I visit my girlfriend, which lives 200KM away from me. I love her with whole my heart and I find that more important than working for my headphone hobby, I'm very lucky my parents are very generous and they give me the money to travel to her, and sometimes help me funding my headphones.
It's kind of hurting me that you say 'how hard can it be at 17', if you don't know the whole story.
Please ask for the full story next time, thank you.
No hard feelings by the way.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #2,468 of 4,655
Whatever, your problems not mine.

Sorry but I find you very unrespectful.
You asked a question, "how hard can it be". So I take my time to explain why it is not possible for me, and then I get this as an answer..

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #2,469 of 4,655

Whatever, your problems not mine.

Sorry but I find you very unrespectful.
You asked a question, "how hard can it be". So I take my time to explain why it is not possible for me, and then I get this as an answer..

Actually it's 'disrespectful', but I agree that the poster could be a little more polite at the very least. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #2,470 of 4,655

Actually it's 'disrespectful', but I agree that the poster could be a little more polite at the very least. 

Sorry for my bad english, not my native language.
And also sorry for going off-topic again.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #2,473 of 4,655
  My old co-worker always used earbuds. He kept breaking them and borrowed my spare DJ headphones. He tried my MDR V-700, HDJ 1000, and ATH PRO700. Said they were too overpowering. Then I brought out the studio phones. Said my Shure 440 and MDR V6 were weak. He went back to his ear buds.

Thank you for trying to here to keep this thread back on topic. Last few pages almost made me wanna unsubscribe. Please peeps, this is a fun thread for what it was originally intended for. Feel free to vent and discuss life elsewhere.

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #2,474 of 4,655
No ones ever cared about what my headphones sound like. They get used by everyone cause they just sit at the computer. I don't think anyone's ever noticed anything exciting about them.

Every once in a while, though... I admit I kinda wanna spring the FAD Hope IV's on someone.

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #2,475 of 4,655
They wont notice a difference unless you have basshead headphones :D

I swear thats the only thing my friends hear in music...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back