Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 1, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #2,476 of 4,655
They wont notice a difference unless you have basshead headphones
biggrin.gif

I swear thats the only thing my friends hear in music...

Agree. It's dumb. 

"No bass. They aren't good."
"They're very clear, but where's the bass?"

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2,477 of 4,655
I don't think I've ever had someone complain about lack of bass on m HE-300's. The Image One's aren't too bad for the bass either but they aren't as natural sounding or anywhere near as clear.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #2,478 of 4,655

On comparison of the akg k240's and the ath-m50x's so many use for studio use, ive come to find that the akg's are more suitable for studio use. The mids may look more recessed at first glnce, but if you look at the ath's response, they drop 8 db at 5 khz, compared to the akg's dropping 5 db at 5 khz, and the bass is less boosted by 2 db compared to ath-m50x's. The sub bass on the akg's drop after 100 hz, but overall the response is a little flatter. less bass, more treble and mids. This is in response to someone who said that the ath m50x's are better for studio use than akg k240's... and i cant remember who it was, but i think it was from this thread. Please dont give me hate....

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,479 of 4,655

On comparison of the akg k240's and the ath-m50x's so many use for studio use, ive come to find that the akg's are more suitable for studio use. The mids may look more recessed at first glnce, but if you look at the ath's response, they drop 8 db at 5 khz, compared to the akg's dropping 5 db at 5 khz, and the bass is less boosted by 2 db compared to ath-m50x's. The sub bass on the akg's drop after 100 hz, but overall the response is a little flatter. less bass, more treble and mids. This is in response to someone who said that the ath m50x's are better for studio use than akg k240's... and i cant remember who it was, but i think it was from this thread. Please dont give me hate....

I just showed those k240's to my little brother, just because he loves AKG and he's bored of his K450.
Within 10 seconds he was like "yeah I want these."
He'll probably be ordering them tonight.
My little brother is 12, and he already hates beats and all these overhyped brands. I think I'll see him within 10 years with a flagship AKG hehe.

Edit: I forgot to mention, he also makes his own music. It's really amateuristic but he loves doing it, so these will come in handy!

Do these benefit much from an (cheap) amp?

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #2,480 of 4,655
I just showed those k240's to my little brother, just because he loves AKG and he's bored of his K450.
My little brother is 12, and he already hates beats and all these overhyped brands. I think I'll see him within 10 years with a flagship AKG hehe.

Edit: I forgot to mention, he also makes his own music. It's really amateuristic but he loves doing it, so these will come in handy!

Probably. I don't know yet. Haven't gotten them. I'll get them in 6-9 days. Stupid dad wanting to save 2$ by getting free shipping instead of 1-3 day...

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,481 of 4,655
Probably. I don't know yet. Haven't gotten them. I'll get them in 6-9 days. Stupid dad wanting to save 2$ by getting free shipping instead of 1-3 day...

Haha I know the feeling, then we'll have them earlier than you I guess, if we order them right now, they should be here within 2 days.

http://www.bax-shop.nl/studio-hoofdtelefoons/akg-k240-studio-semi-open-studio-hoofdtelefoon/product-details.html?gclid=CI60nun2v70CFafKtAodl1wAIA

^ Link to them, the site is dutch so you won't get much wiser, but I'm including it anyways.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,482 of 4,655
Lol. Akg k450's are the same price as k240's.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #2,483 of 4,655

Yes, they sound much funkier (it's hard to describe, but I like the K240 Studio because they just sound "funk"-y) when they're given some extra power. 

I've been having a great time showing people the Perfect Sound Dido since getting them in yesterday. While they're not objectively worth $780, the amount of air they can move is hilarious; people love how they actually can feel their bass. It's a shame they cost so much.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #2,484 of 4,655
Yes, they sound much funkier (it's hard to describe, but I like the K240 Studio because they just sound "funk"-y) when they're given some extra power. 

I've been having a great time showing people the Perfect Sound Dido since getting them in yesterday. While they're not objectively worth $780, the amount of air they can move is hilarious; people love how they actually can feel their bass. It's a shame they cost so much.

Lolz 780usd....sorry..but couldnt help giggling while reading that.(had a quick look on their site also)

For that amount of money u get an extremely good and balanced sounding NEW he500 and still have 200usd to spare to invest into a powerful emotiva amp to drive it well...for 800usd u wont find a better sounding pair (amp+headphone)!

And if u go second hand (he500) u can even buy urself a good aftermarket toxic cable on top of that for around 800usd.. :p

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,485 of 4,655
Lolz 780usd....sorry..but couldnt help giggling while reading that.(had a quick look on their site also)

For that amount of money u get an extremely good and balanced sounding NEW he500 and still have 200usd to spare to invest into a powerful emotiva amp to drive it well...for 800usd u wont find a better sounding pair (amp+headphone)!

And if u go second hand (he500) u can even buy urself a good aftermarket toxic cable on top of that for around 800usd..
tongue.gif

Sure you will. I'm wearing the FAD Pandora Hope VI and it's an infinitely superior headphone to the HE500, to me. I'd take an HE500 as a gift and then sell it, but I wouldn't keep it. 

Always a fan of people who snicker and snort at what other people get. Nice to know that arrogance even WITHIN the head-fi community is running along well.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #2,486 of 4,655

I was a little leary of the Dido because it's a big over-ear with a 40mm driver. No sense that it's smaller than most, then? Reviews seem great overall.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #2,487 of 4,655
Just because you think a headphone is good, doesn't mean everyone else should :rolleyes:

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,489 of 4,655
Sure you will. I'm wearing the FAD Pandora Hope VI and it's an infinitely superior headphone to the HE500, to me. I'd take an HE500 as a gift and then sell it, but I wouldn't keep it. 

Always a fan of people who snicker and snort at what other people get. Nice to know that arrogance even WITHIN the head-fi community is running along well.

Pls keep ur unrespectfull comments to urself..again ur reacting in a way u dont know what ur talking about.

And.i say it again..as i see u reacting again on postings of others on headphones that u dont own...

like the he500.. U never owned one...so how u can say that the FAD (do u actually own that one?) is better then the he500? I don't know if the FAD is better, as i never heard a FAD or even heard about that brand..but they do look good..so i don't go into that.

but they are also closed phones (if i saw the pics correctly)...so its very hard comparing the open ended he500 to that closed can anyway, and even then its not done here on headfi to express opinions about cans u don't know about...i also have an excellent closed Beyer mmx300 for 6years (that i use for gaming FPS) now and so i know a closed can has for sure other qualities open ended don't have...but its hard to compare it objectively..as both are good in their own specialities

like me, as i didn't know the Dido i didn't say the he500 IS BETTER. i only said that for that money u could get urself a proven to be extremely good (and i owned one for 2 years..so own experience) can for that amount of money....

so pls..pls pls pls pls. consider only commenting on posts saying 'this is better then that' ONLY if u owned both cans, because if not, ur opinion is not really taken seriously and we dont want that, as we all wanna know about new brands and new phones if they are really good..

thats why i bought a very unknown referencesounds Code-X instead of the standard road to get an audeze or he6 for the same price! I am very openminded in that..i dont believe the big brands are always better..as sometimes they are not!

as i said..i checked both sites of the FAD and Dido (with same spider on it as a certain super expensive spider branded electrostatic can)..,.and both phones look impressive on their pics, but i can only say if they are better or worse then a he500 if I ACTUALLY HAD listen to them for a long time..not just a few minutes....so i don't comment on that..as i cant!

Thanks for understanding what i mean...

And for ur info..i was not snorting and snickering ((What is that anyway???), as if u read my posts..u KNOW i respect other opinions.

.i sometimes maybe not agree with it..but i respect it..on contrary to u...like u now did..calling names and slashing out..even if it not concerns u!

And I WILL never ever say 'something is better or worse' then the other if i didnt own (or had own) both yet or have a LOOOONG listening session with both...can u say the same?

So pls...do as i do when i THINK the other is full of shiiit,, breath deeply 10 times and then only react on things u know about..thanks

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #2,490 of 4,655
Pls keep ur unrespectfull comments to urself..again ur reacting in a way u dont know what ur talking about.

And.i say it again..as i see u reacting again on postings of others on headphones that u dont own...

like the he500.. U never owned one...so how u can say that the FAD (do u actually own that one?) is better then the he500? I don't know if the FAD is better, as i never heard a FAD or even heard about that brand..but they do look good..so i don't go into that.

but they are also closed phones (if i saw the pics correctly)...so its very hard comparing the open ended he500 to that closed can anyway, and even then its not done here on headfi to express opinions about cans u don't know about...

like me, as i didn't know the Dido i didn't say the he500 IS BETTER. i only said that for that money u could get urself a proven to be extremely good (and i owned one for 2 years..so own experience) can for that amount of money....so pls..pls pls pls pls. consider only commenting on posts saying 'this is better then that' ONLY if u owned both cans, because if not, ur opinion is not really taken seriously and we dont want that, as we all wanna know about new brands and new phones if they are really good..thats why i bought a very unknown referencesounds Code-X instead of a audeze or he6 for the same price! I am very openminded in that..i dont believe the big brands are always better..as they are not!

as i said..i checked both sites of the FAD and Dido (with same spider on it as a certain super expensive spider branded electrostatic can)..,.and both phones look impressive on their pics, but i can only say if they are better or worse then a he500 if I ACTUALLY HAD listen to them for a long time..not just a few minutes....so i don't comment on that..as i cant!

Thanks for understanding what i mean...

And for ur info..i was not snorting and snickering ((What is that anyway???), as if u read my posts..u KNOW i respect other opinions.

.i sometimes maybe not agree with it..but i respect it..on contrary to u...like u now did..calling names and slashing out..even if it not concerns u!

And I WILL never ever say 'something is better or worse' then the other if i didnt own (or had own) both yet or have a LOOOONG listening session with both...can u say the same?

So pls...do as i do when i think the other is full of shiiit,, breath deeply 10 times and then only react on things u know about..thanks

FAD = Final Audio Design

Please guys, do keep it down...we all try to get along here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back