Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Apr 1, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #2,491 of 4,655

LOL, I own the Pandora and I've auditioned the HE-500s (along with the HE-400's and the HE-6) more than once. If I wanted a pair of HE-500's I'd have them. I don't want 'em. Wasn't impressed. 

You're the one "giggling" at someone else for buying the Didos instead of the HE-500's. So don't throw a temper tantrum when I call you out on it. Have some apple juice, take a nap. You sound grumpy. 
cool.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #2,492 of 4,655
LOL, I own the Pandora and I've auditioned the HE-500s (along with the HE-400's and the HE-6) more than once. If I wanted a pair of HE-500's I'd have them. I don't want 'em. Wasn't impressed. 

You're the one "giggling" at someone else for buying the Didos instead of the HE-500's. So don't throw a temper tantrum when I call you out on it. Have some apple juice, take a nap. You sound grumpy. :cool:  

Not grumpy my friend..and i apologize about the giggling thing,.i was giggling about the price..780usd...thats a huge amount of money..for that price u do get an amp and good headphone..that was all..was not talking about if 'the final audio design' can was actually better or not..but i was just reacting on u , as u just called it, 'calling me out', as ur calling out a lot of people with those kind of posts lately... No pun intended..
And no am not grumpy..just direct..

and a tip..if u own the pandora..its maybe good to put the pandora on ur list of ur owning headphones (and maybe pics also of ur phone?) as therefore people will know that u have one and can contact u for info about those. :wink:

Ps. I already am sipping on orange juice and will sleep later :D

Am curious now..did anyone else listen to a FAD or Dido also? As i am maybe looking to upgrade my Beyer mmx300 to a better CLOSED can until 900usd price mark.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #2,494 of 4,655
Not grumpy my friend..and i apologize about the giggling thing,.i was giggling about the price..780usd...thats a huge amount of money..for that price u do get an amp and good headphone..that was all..was not talking about if 'the final audio design' can was actually better or not..but i was just reacting on u , as u just called it, 'calling me out', as ur calling out a lot of people with those kind of posts lately... No pun intended..
And no am not grumpy..just direct..

and a tip..if u own the pandora..its maybe good to put the pandora on ur list of ur owning headphones (and maybe pics also of ur phone?) as therefore people will know that u have one and can contact u for info about those.
wink.gif

Ps. I already am sipping on orange juice and will sleep later
biggrin.gif

Am curious now..did anyone else listen to a FAD or Dido also? As i am maybe looking to upgrade my Beyer mmx300 to a better CLOSED can until 900usd price mark.

Hahaha hey man, you gotta admit. $780 ain't even that much compared to what some are dropping. The HE-6 is... $1400? Something like that? Then the Audeze or (lordy) the Stax.

Yeah I'll update the list there, clean it out a bit. I haven't heard the Dido, but from what I've READ those are more bassy than the Pandora. Need someone else to chime in. The FAD has a good bass punch to it, but not a basshead 'phone.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #2,495 of 4,655
Sure you will. I'm wearing the FAD Pandora Hope VI and it's an infinitely superior headphone to the HE500, to me. I'd take an HE500 as a gift and then sell it, but I wouldn't keep it. 

Always a fan of people who snicker and snort at what other people get. Nice to know that arrogance even WITHIN the head-fi community is running along well.

Yes, they sound much funkier (it's hard to describe, but I like the K240 Studio because they just sound "funk"-y) when they're given some extra power. 

I've been having a great time showing people the Perfect Sound Dido since getting them in yesterday. While they're not objectively worth $780, the amount of air they can move is hilarious; people love how they actually can feel their bass. It's a shame they cost so much.
first of all, how is someguydude not punished for his comments, and second, I think I know of one can that would push more air than those dido's for 500$. The reason being is 55mm bass driver and 30mm treble/mids driver. JVC sz2000.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2,496 of 4,655
If everyone who talked about headphones who never heard them got banned , then 80% of head-fi would be gone.

P.S. Drivers don't make up the whole SQ. If he wants to buy the dido, let him buy the dido.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #2,497 of 4,655
If everyone who talked about headphones who never heard them got banned , then 80% of head-fi would be gone.

P.S. Drivers don't make up the whole SQ. If he wants to buy the dido, let him buy the dido.

No no, we gotta judge people for what they buy. Can't simply enjoy what we have and be happy that others are enjoying what they have. Gotta feel superior. 

If you'll notice, that's when I get into arguments around here. Look through any posts in my history where I was insulting anyone for their product choice. My worst "flaming" was getting impatient with people who were acting all high and mighty for what they have and looking down their noses at anyone for what they have. It's always been in defense of something, I've never gone after anyone for enjoying what they have.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,498 of 4,655
Back on topic! I forgot to mention this. When my Pandoras came in, the front desk was asking why the heck I was so excited to get a package, so I showed her the things and when she found out how much they cost she gave me a look like "oh you're just crazy". Still not sure if I think that's good or bad, LOL. 

I think that's the second best reaction. Not that I like people thinking I'm crazy, but it's amusing. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #2,499 of 4,655
Lol pushing more air is the final word in cans. I wished all my cans would push more air

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #2,500 of 4,655
Lolz 780usd....sorry..but couldnt help giggling while reading that.(had a quick look on their site also)

For that amount of money u get an extremely good and balanced sounding NEW he500 and still have 200usd to spare to invest into a powerful emotiva amp to drive it well...for 800usd u wont find a better sounding pair (amp+headphone)!

And if u go second hand (he500) u can even buy urself a good aftermarket toxic cable on top of that for around 800usd..
tongue.gif

These definitely fill a niche that the HE500 can't; the Didos are just a loaner, but if they weren't so much, I'd probably buy a pair for myself over the HE500 (Yes, I've heard it) if for nothing but to get people that are curious about the hobby an idea of what can be done with a headphone and satisfy my growing bass wants. As good as the HE500 is, after hearing it again, with a better amp, it doesn't do anything different compared to, say, my ZMF. Sure, it sounds slightly more organic, more coherent, more "there" than the cheaper ZMF, but a slight upgrade to an otherwise similar-sounding headphone is kind of silly in my situation in which I listen to a bunch of different genres and the HE500 wouldn't sound fantastic with all of them, and I'm not getting rid of my ZMF (I painted/recabled it myself and nobody would want to pay even parts cost because it doesn't look that great). That part's what people questioned most about my previous setup, which was a bunch of warm-sounding headphones that I occasionally rotated. While the differences are obvious to me, they were only obvious because I knew to look for them, and it wasn't until a little rationalization that I decided that I'd rather have different-sounding headphones that don't always get used, but will be used if I'm in the mood for that particular sound signature instead of having just warm headphones that just flat out only got used because I felt guilty that I paid money for something that I didn't use all the time.

^^^That was kind of on topic.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2,502 of 4,655

These definitely fill a niche that the HE500 can't; the Didos are just a loaner, but if they weren't so much, I'd probably buy a pair for myself over the HE500 (Yes, I've heard it) if for nothing but to get people that are curious about the hobby an idea of what can be done with a headphone and satisfy my growing bass wants. As good as the HE500 is, after hearing it again, with a better amp, it doesn't do anything different compared to, say, my ZMF. Sure, it sounds slightly more organic, more coherent, more "there" than the cheaper ZMF, but a slight upgrade to an otherwise similar-sounding headphone is kind of silly in my situation in which I listen to a bunch of different genres and the HE500 wouldn't sound fantastic with all of them, and I'm not getting rid of my ZMF (I painted/recabled it myself and nobody would want to pay even parts cost because it doesn't look that great). That part's what people questioned most about my previous setup, which was a bunch of warm-sounding headphones that I occasionally rotated. While the differences are obvious to me, they were only obvious because I knew to look for them, and it wasn't until a little rationalization that I decided that I'd rather have different-sounding headphones that don't always get used, but will be used if I'm in the mood for that particular sound signature instead of having just warm headphones that just flat out only got used because I felt guilty that I paid money for something that I didn't use all the time.

^^^That was kind of on topic.

I use the ZMF's  more then HE-500, similar characteristics,  better comfort, same air,  and it is closed.

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #2,504 of 4,655
This thread's direction has just gone from derailed to oblivion..

Apr 1, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #2,505 of 4,655
Pls keep ur unrespectfull comments to urself..again ur reacting in a way u dont know what ur talking about.

And.i say it again..as i see u reacting again on postings of others on headphones that u dont own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back