Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Nov 23, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #1,141 of 4,655
I'm one of those... I bought Some Solo HD's a couple of years back, but now regret wasting $200 on them and well... I can't just throw them away and nobody wants to buy them.
frown.gif

They aren't horrible head phones... you can keep them around, and use them as a comparison to every other headphone you own! With a pair of beats as a refrance you could convert a ALOT of Beat o Philes into getting some serious gear! 

Yea it's terrible, but if ppl can hear them AND THEN hear something better, then the truth will be more... obvious to them! I say use them Beats again'st them Beats FANS! 

Nov 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #1,142 of 4,655
They aren't horrible head phones... you can keep them around, and use them as a comparison to every other headphone you own! With a pair of beats as a refrance you could convert a ALOT of Beat o Philes into getting some serious gear! 

Yea it's terrible, but if ppl can hear them AND THEN hear something better, then the truth will be more... obvious to them! I say use them Beats again'st them Beats FANS! 

Yes, use them in the crusade to convert the heretics to the light! :D

Nov 23, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #1,144 of 4,655
[color=#000080]endallchaos[/color]

I bought Some Solo HD's a couple of years back, but now regret wasting $200 on them and well... I can't just throw them away and nobody wants to buy them.

Yes you can. The next time you pass by a nice garbage can take these headphones into your hand and then throw the accursed Beats in.
The second option for you would be to smash them with a hammer into pieces live on internet. Announce it beforehand and ask for one dollar contribution from those who would like to see it done. You might get a couple hundred of contributors, or maybe even more.
The third option would be to phone around the pawn shops and ask if there is a stuffed head of a wild boar, as a hunting trophy, in one of them. After acquiring it put the Beats Solo headphones on the ears of this wild pig's head and take it to a gallery of modern art. Tell the gallery director that you have a piece of art to exhibit, for a potential sale. Give this artistic creation some artsy shmartsy name like 'Beats the Pig : Only a Dead Pig Can Enjoy Them' or something similar and say that your art piece is a critique of the consumerist culture. The peddlers of modern art like this kind of ideological underpinning of artistic activity. 
The fourth option would be to find a good lawyer and sue Dr. Dre and his outfit for the damages due to you being constantly depressed and mentally hurt ever since buying these headphones, after being fooled by the false advertising about their quality.

Mshenay
They aren't horrible head phones... you can keep them around, and use them as a comparison to every other headphone you own! With a pair of beats as a [reference] you could convert a ALOT of Beat o Philes into getting some serious gear! 

A -  Excuse me, Sir, I think that you made a typing error. You probably wanted to say "They are horrible headphones". They truly are, so much that they should not be called headphones.
B - Yours is a very good suggestion, to use the Beats against the Beats mob. In the name of the future converts I thank you.

[color=#0000CD]BucketInABucket[/color] 
Yes, use them in the crusade to convert the heretics to the light! 

And if they would refuse to convert I would suggest for them a penal colony on the Devil's Island. But really, I think they are more like atrocious heathens than heretics. The heretics are those who once knew what truth is and then rejected it. The Beats people are predominantly those who never 'seen the light' and who live in darkness. We should be like saint Patrick or saint Monica, showing the way for them and bringing them to light. Maybe even praying for them. A very good headphones make for a little piece of heaven.

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,145 of 4,655
[COLOR=000080]endallchaos[/COLOR]

I bought Some Solo HD's a couple of years back, but now regret wasting $200 on them and well... I can't just throw them away and nobody wants to buy them.

[COLOR=FFA500]Yes you can.[/COLOR] The next time you pass by a nice garbage can take these headphones into your hand and then throw the accursed Beats in.
The second option for you would be to smash them with a hammer into pieces live on internet. Announce it beforehand and ask for one dollar contribution from those who would like to see it done. You might get a couple hundred of contributors, or maybe even more.
The third option would be to phone around the pawn shops and ask if there is a stuffed head of a wild boar, as a hunting trophy, in one of them. After acquiring it put the Beats Solo headphones on the ears of this wild pig's head and take it to a gallery of modern art. Tell the gallery director that you have a piece of art to exhibit, for a potential sale. Give this artistic creation some artsy shmartsy name like 'Beats the Pig : Only a Dead Pig Can Enjoy Them' or something similar and say that your art piece is a critique of the consumerist culture. The peddlers of modern art like this kind of ideological underpinning of artistic activity. 
The fourth option would be to find a good lawyer and sue Dr. Dre and his outfit for the damages due to you being constantly depressed and mentally hurt ever since buying these headphones, after being fooled by the false advertising about their quality.

Mshenay

They aren't horrible head phones... you can keep them around, and use them as a comparison to every other headphone you own! With a pair of beats as a [reference] you could convert a ALOT of Beat o Philes into getting some serious gear! 

A -  Excuse me, Sir, I think that you made a typing error. You probably wanted to say "They are horrible headphones". They truly are, so much that they should not be called headphones.

B - Yours is a very good suggestion, to use the Beats against the Beats mob. In the name of the future converts I thank you.

[COLOR=0000CD]BucketInABucket[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD] [/COLOR]

And if they would refuse to convert I would suggest for them a penal colony on the Devil's Island. But really, I think they are more like atrocious heathens than heretics. The heretics are those who once knew what truth is and then rejected it. The Beats people are predominantly those who never 'seen the light' and who live in darkness. We should be like saint Patrick or saint Monica, showing the way for them and bringing them to light. Maybe even praying for them. A very good headphones make for a little piece of heaven.

o.o

*silence*
Clap...
Clap...
Clap...
*Head fi bursts into applause*

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #1,146 of 4,655

[COLOR=FFA500]Yes you can.[/COLOR] The next time you pass by a nice garbage can take these headphones into your hand and then throw the accursed Beats in.

Mshenay

[COLOR=0000CD]BucketInABucket[/COLOR]
[COLOR=0000CD] [/COLOR]

What can I do for you, your majesty?

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #1,147 of 4,655
I'm a pretty non-audiophile user who'd like to get into it. Unfortunately (or not, seeing how much money my boyfriend spends on headphones) I have trouble telling, or is it more like understanding, the differences between headphones and sounds and the like. Nor do I have the money to just jump in and try things. Which is a shame, I really do love music and want to try and understand.

Although on the topic of Beats, my mother used to want those. I knew enough to convince her that was a bad idea and she didn't get them.

what an awful first post, I apologize haha ;

Nov 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #1,148 of 4,655
  I'm a pretty non-audiophile user who'd like to get into it. Unfortunately (or not, seeing how much money my boyfriend spends on headphones) I have trouble telling, or is it more like understanding, the differences between headphones and sounds and the like. Nor do I have the money to just jump in and try things. Which is a shame, I really do love music and want to try and understand.

Although on the topic of Beats, my mother used to want those. I knew enough to convince her that was a bad idea and she didn't get them.

what an awful first post, I apologize haha ;

No need to apologize, we all have to start somewhere.  Good job on convincing your mother to not get the beats. That's a triumph in itself.  What did she get instead?

My suggestion would be to look for a local meet and go listen and talk to other Head-fi-ers if possible.
Also, go to local shops if you have any and audition different phones.
Just take it slow and find what you like.
Oh, and Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #1,149 of 4,655

No need to apologize, we all have to start somewhere.  Good job on convincing your mother to not get the beats. That's a triumph in itself.  What did she get instead?

My suggestion would be to look for a local meet and go listen and talk to other Head-fi-ers if possible.
Also, go to local shops if you have any and audition different phones.
Just take it slow and find what you like.
Oh, and Welcome to Head-Fi. Sorry about your wallet.
biggrin.gif

She didn't really get anything else, she just stuck with these $5-10ish earbuds that she has had for a while. Which, isn't that bad I guess (it's not spending a ton of money on bad headphones anyway, just a little bit). She's less into music than I am and mostly used headphones for watching tv shows and movies on her Kindle. She liked using my Samson SR850s and would borrow those pretty often though. They're a step up from what she has anyway.

Ah, thanks. I haven't been really sure how to just enter here since I basically have no understanding for this. I get some of it from conversations with someone who does, but not very well.

Nov 23, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,150 of 4,655
My Sennheiser HD439's....
They have literally skull shaking bass. Even without the bass mod, you put a FiiO e6 (A cheap cheap cheap amp) on the bass boost, turn them up, boom.

All I'm using is Pandora as a source right now, put on some trap or EDM and you can have a solid bass line the whole time whilst hearing details as well (Even though trap and EDM songs are very single threaded without the complexity of more...artistic music styles).
For those into that timbre, I'd think they'd love them..! But I can't bring them to school. I think I could convert a TON of bassheads with these. I'm not even talking about with mods or leather pads. When I press the phones closer to my ears, the bass takes up the whole sound and it's solid cleaner bass than any aforementioned celebrity phones.

They are versatile as well, just change the EQ setting and it has enough bass for electric bass and drums, but do not have the overpowering bass that the other option has.

Next time I have a friend come over I'm going to show them how good they are comparably.

(This is obviously not from an audiophile-audiophile[a hardcore one]) although I do know a lot about the characteristics of sound.

Sorry if this is off topic. I don't think it is because well it's talking about the topic. If only in a future tense hahaha. :)

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #1,151 of 4,655

Good idea!

Yes, use them in the crusade to convert the heretics to the light! :D

I will! :veryevil:

No, I can't. I don't have a lot of money and throwing away headphones that still work and cost $200, hurts lol

Nov 23, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,152 of 4,655
Good idea!
I will!
very_evil_smiley.gif

No, I can't. I don't have a lot of money and throwing away headphones that still work and cost $200, hurts lol

Yea King of Head Fi Dethroned by the commoners... throw them away

and again the Beats Solo aren't horrific 

Nov 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #1,153 of 4,655
Well, even if they cost 300$ just remember you are throwing away a headphone worth 50$ :D

Nov 23, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,154 of 4,655
I DISAGREE! Don't throw it! Think about this, many toy company need those plastics! Yes, remove the electronic curcuit and the drivers.... Don't dispose it as well! Take a picture of it and send it to us :D

Nov 23, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #1,155 of 4,655

Quote:
My Sennheiser HD439's....
They have literally skull shaking bass. Even without the bass mod, you put a FiiO e6 (A cheap cheap cheap amp) on the bass boost, turn them up, boom.

All I'm using is Pandora as a source right now, put on some trap or EDM and you can have a solid bass line the whole time whilst hearing details as well (Even though trap and EDM songs are very single threaded without the complexity of more...artistic music styles).

Your not listening to the right edm if you think that ;p

You need some good psy-trance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back