Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jun 29, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #3,527 of 4,655
Jul 8, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #3,529 of 4,655
My mother asked to try my DT990 PROs when I received them. She was pretty impressed at the "wide open" sound. She said they were the best headphones she's ever heard, not that that would mean much considering she's an apple ear bud person but it was nice to get positive feedback :p

Jul 14, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #3,530 of 4,655
My mother asked to try my DT990 PROs when I received them. She was pretty impressed at the "wide open" sound. She said they were the best headphones she's ever heard, not that that would mean much considering she's an apple ear bud person but it was nice to get positive feedback :p

At least she says they're good!

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #3,531 of 4,655
  Just to let you guys know, Beats has stepped up their game hella mad after separating from Monster audio. I assume they have their own R&D team now and you should seriously check out their newer models and compare them with your own gears. I own a JVC HA-S500 (once flavor of the month, and that one got serious rep for being favored over V-Modas and other cans), and some of them has heard the newest line of Beats Solo HD, and that thing is better than mine. Keep in mind that the JVCs has carbon nanotube drivers and have unparallelled performance in bass quality (and maybe quantity) production among headphones in the sub $100-150 category.

Of course the price for Beats headphones are ridiculous and their marketing are jackasses (purposely giving free headphones to world cup players, overshadowing Sony as their main sponsor. Got banned from the event, among other examples).

Put aside the artificially generated hype and price, they're seriously good cans right now. And being "audiophiles" and only wanting "audio reproduction" as the main goal, Beats haters should be ashamed of yourselves. Get out there and listen for yourself.

disclaimer - I don't own beats, nor will I ever be. But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".

Wow
basshead.gif
 - one of the few members on head-fi who actually has the guts to say it as it is rather than join the herd of sheep that is the shameful self righteous band of the beats haters.

penmarker - for me, your post is one of the best I've read here on head-fi - you are your own person and not afraid to say it - and that deserves respect for sure 
cool.gif

I may well print your post out and frame it - its that good....

....now then - get back you blood thirsty beats haters *makes a run with penmarker for the door, outside to waiting chopper, jump inside and take off, both spraying a hail of bullets onto the zombie undead beats haters......mission complete, never impossible...* - lol 
biggrin.gif

edit: we leave this behind for any survivors......

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #3,532 of 4,655
Wow :basshead:  - one of the few members on head-fi who actually has the guts to say it as it is rather than join the herd of sheep that is the shameful self righteous band of the beats haters.

penmarker - for me, your post is one of the best I've read here on head-fi - you are your own person and not afraid to say it - and that deserves respect for sure :cool:

I may well print your post out and frame it - its that good....

....now then - get back you blood thirsty beats haters *makes a run with penmarker for the door, outside to waiting chopper, jump inside and take off, both spraying a hail of bullets onto the zombie undead beats haters......mission complete, never impossible...* - lol :D  
zombies... Good thing you're immune to the beats hate virus! :D

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,533 of 4,655
zombies... Good thing you're immune to the beats hate virus! :D

LoL :D beats hate virus - love it - though many a wise word said in jest :wink:

I've just a lot of respect for people whom aren't afraid to not join the norm which in this case is the constant use of beats as a whipping boy.

The below is as awesome as it is true v - massive LOL :beyersmile:

But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".

giphy.gif

MIND BLOWN

Jul 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #3,534 of 4,655
Both my mother and brother were amazed by my ATH-A900X, praising the detail and claiming they felt as if they were at a live performance.  My brother was especially impressed by the instrument separation.  
atsmile.gif

Jul 14, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #3,535 of 4,655
Both my mother and brother were amazed by my ATH-A900X, praising the detail and claiming they felt as if they were at a live performance.  My brother was especially impressed by the instrument separation.  :atsmile:
nice! I always love it when someone enjoys my headphones, especially from my family.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM Post #3,536 of 4,655
I hate beats because of dr dre. It is what it is. I would never spend a dime on beats anything even if i liked the sound. And all the celebrities wearing them and advertisement only pushes me further away. Not to mention the people I tend to see wearing beats out in RL. I do not want to be one of those people. Perhaps thats inexcusable to some and maybe I should give them a shot. But part of the fun of head-fi for me is the "obscure" stuff average joes dont know about.

Same with bose. Long ago I started seeing their commercials on tv with rich people in lavish homes listening to bose shtuff and i immediately think "that stuff probably sucks pretty hard".

Anyway... letting other people try my phones. They just try to blow them straight out along with their own eardrums. Then give me this dumb look like "is that it". And then I try to explain that just because it doesn't actually shake your chest cavity does not mean it isn't plenty loud and in fact DAMAGING for your ears. "I say it like im talking to a retard like that because you just basically tried to blow out my phones that i just told you were several hundred dollars."

I know few people personally who appreciate hi fi sound at all. Like others said earlier. Most people I know just scoff and laugh at the money spent. Which is absolutely hilarious if I were to elaborate on what some of these people waste their money. 

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #3,537 of 4,655
I for one do not like my music loud (like my friends own a beats boom box speaker $400 and used it at full blast to play metal). I don't know how people can listen to loud volumes. It hurts my ears.

Jul 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #3,538 of 4,655
I for one do not like my music loud (like my friends own a beats boom box speaker $400 and used it at full blast to play metal). I don't know how people can listen to loud volumes. It hurts my ears.

They lost most of their hearing after listening to it at that loud for a long periods of time.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,539 of 4,655
  I hate beats because of dr dre. It is what it is. I would never spend a dime on beats anything even if i liked the sound. And all the celebrities wearing them and advertisement only pushes me further away. Not to mention the people I tend to see wearing beats out in RL. I do not want to be one of those people. Perhaps thats inexcusable to some and maybe I should give them a shot. But part of the fun of head-fi for me is the "obscure" stuff average joes dont know about.

Same with bose. Long ago I started seeing their commercials on tv with rich people in lavish homes listening to bose shtuff and i immediately think "that stuff probably sucks pretty hard".

Anyway... letting other people try my phones. They just try to blow them straight out along with their own eardrums. Then give me this dumb look like "is that it". And then I try to explain that just because it doesn't actually shake your chest cavity does not mean it isn't plenty loud and in fact DAMAGING for your ears. "I say it like im talking to a retard like that because you just basically tried to blow out my phones that i just told you were several hundred dollars."

I know few people personally who appreciate hi fi sound at all. Like others said earlier. Most people I know just scoff and laugh at the money spent. Which is absolutely hilarious if I were to elaborate on what some of these people waste their money. 

Immediately after saying you'll never spend any money on Beats and hating them, you complain about how they don't like your headphones. You are them.

You won't spend money on Beats even if you like their sound because you hate them.
They won't spend money on your headphones because they don't like the sound. They actually have preferences for their music. You choose brands.

Who's the audiophile here?

*Flies away clinging on ladder dangling from helicopter with cb3732*

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,540 of 4,655
On an unrelated yet related note, my friend tried my MS1i Lcush modded. He said something like "nice, the vocals are very good and they sound real, just like Beats"

Also I tried some beats headphones a week ago at an apple store in singapore, and I must say that their sound does seem to be a lot better balanced now than last time. Even though the Solo's still sound a little cheap, but not as horrible as last time. The studio's are actually a lot better now I must say. They probably did some revision changes to their products as stated a few pages ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back