Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jun 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #3,511 of 4,655
Just to let you guys know, Beats has stepped up their game hella mad after separating from Monster audio. I assume they have their own R&D team now and you should seriously check out their newer models and compare them with your own gears. I own a JVC HA-S500 (once flavor of the month, and that one got serious rep for being favored over V-Modas and other cans), and some of them has heard the newest line of Beats Solo HD, and that thing is better than mine. Keep in mind that the JVCs has carbon nanotube drivers and have unparallelled performance in bass quality (and maybe quantity) production among headphones in the sub $100-150 category.

Of course the price for Beats headphones are ridiculous and their marketing are jackasses (purposely giving free headphones to world cup players, overshadowing Sony as their main sponsor. Got banned from the event, among other examples).

Put aside the artificially generated hype and price, they're seriously good cans right now. And being "audiophiles" and only wanting "audio reproduction" as the main goal, Beats haters should be ashamed of yourselves. Get out there and listen for yourself.

disclaimer - I don't own beats, nor will I ever be. But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #3,512 of 4,655
  Just to let you guys know, Beats has stepped up their game hella mad after separating from Monster audio. I assume they have their own R&D team now and you should seriously check out their newer models and compare them with your own gears. I own a JVC HA-S500 (once flavor of the month, and that one got serious rep for being favored over V-Modas and other cans), and some of them has heard the newest line of Beats Solo HD, and that thing is better than mine. Keep in mind that the JVCs has carbon nanotube drivers and have unparallelled performance in bass quality (and maybe quantity) production among headphones in the sub $100-150 category.

Of course the price for Beats headphones are ridiculous and their marketing are jackasses (purposely giving free headphones to world cup players, overshadowing Sony as their main sponsor. Got banned from the event, among other examples).

Put aside the artificially generated hype and price, they're seriously good cans right now. And being "audiophiles" and only wanting "audio reproduction" as the main goal, Beats haters should be ashamed of yourselves. Get out there and listen for yourself.

disclaimer - I don't own beats, nor will I ever be. But I'm just annoyed at how "HURR DURR I HATE BEATS I AM AUDIOFIL DURR".

Why would I spend $200-300 on Beats flimsy PLASTIC Studios/Solos when I can buy an HD650/NAD HP50/B&O H6/HD8DJ/M-100 for that price or lower?

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #3,513 of 4,655
I can give you ten good reasons and I hate Beats.

This thread is the most elitist defener circlejerk in the entire forum.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #3,514 of 4,655
I can give you ten good reasons and I hate Beats.

This thread is the most elitist defener circlejerk in the entire forum.

Really? I mean, I assume most people buy into them purely because they're unaware of other alternatives, I mean they look okay and the 20Db+ bass heavy sig is good for people who like that sort of thing, but that's just 3 reasons.

Jun 27, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #3,515 of 4,655
  Why would I spend $400 on Beats flimsy PLASTIC Pros when I can buy an HD650/NAD HP50/B&O H6/HD8DJ/M-100 for that price or lower?

I wonder where you got your pro's, if they're plastic you f#cked up pretty good..

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #3,516 of 4,655

Why would I spend $400 on Beats flimsy PLASTIC Pros when I can buy an HD650/NAD HP50/B&O H6/HD8DJ/M-100 for that price or lower?

I wonder where you got your pro's, if they're plastic you f#cked up pretty good..

I didn't buy any, nor would I buy it because that company is scum.  They look like plastic in pictures and in person. I meant to say Beats Studio. 

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #3,517 of 4,655
  I didn't buy any, nor would I buy it because that company is scum.  They look like plastic in pictures and in person. I meant to say Beats Studio. 

IMO They're also not worth the money, I've got the beats pro detox (But not for long anymore) and a beats studio v1. The v1 broke, cheapass plastic..
Although have you tried the V2's yet? You really should, they're pretty good. Maybe not as good as some 300 bucks headphones like the HD600 and Mad Dog, but they're way better than the old stuff.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,518 of 4,655

Why would i go waste money on  headphones that is a major downgrade and besides not interested into them. I don't need a second pair of headphones, one headphone is more then enough for me and If I did get a second pair of headphone's It wouldn't be beats but a DT770 pro-80 for on the go or a superlux closed back headphone for portable usage with a media phone. I'm very happy with my beyerdynamic T90 that I got at a good price along with the rest my audio setup.

New beats or old beats neither have the type of sound signature that I want,and Durability is important to me.  No amount of famous person or people will get me to try something that I know I wont like I not a bass head and I prefer to hear all of the sound of bass not just one note or muddy or boomy bass if I wanted either of those that badly I can go back to a pair of Logitech Z5500 speakers That I used to own many years ago and use that for music, I have used other headphones after time I found the sound that I wanted and that what I have now. I not ashamed at all not when it comes trying something out with my money, I'd listen if it setup in a store I almost did then i thought about the amount of people who used them how nasty the pads could have been at target.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #3,520 of 4,655
Can we stop this argument? We're all alike here guys, we're in the pursuit of good audio, so let's stop the fighting and chill out.
IM THE ONE SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE ARGUMENTS AROUND HERE. :D nah. I jest. I stopped doing that a while back.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,521 of 4,655
:tongue_smile: I don't think so! Hating on beats means that you know what good headphones sound like, and why overbloated bassy headphones are terrible hhahaha. I don't mean to sound too ignorant or anything but considering how many people think beats sound good the people who know that beats aren't good need to be given a cookie and a set of momentums for standing up ​haha

The main reason I think of myself as an audiophile I guess is because. I own a pair of Samson sr850 and dt770 pros and I have come to realize how good acoustic and classical music sound, coming from only listening to dubstep, I now have much appreciation for all music and high fidelity sound reproduction. I have tried many well known headphones out there and I love and have become obsessed with amps and headphones that I probably can't afford right now because I'm only 17 hahahahah. Beats to me don't sound bad but they sound like something that is extremely genre specific in every aspect of their sound signature. That's why they sound bad because I like everything.
I actually quite enjoyed the studio 2's. The frequency curve looks almost exactly like an hd25's. And dubstep? Meh. I like just calling it all electronic... Especially since a lot of the stuff I find is very... Odd. Listen to this! You'll like it I'm certain. I enjoy orchestra, but I can find electronic music that has just as many parts and layers to it. :) don't get me wrong. I too started listening to orchestra after buying my new headphones. http://m.soundcloud.com/omnitica/straw-hat-pirates-instrumental there's the song, tell me what ya think.

Jun 27, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #3,522 of 4,655
I actually quite enjoyed the studio 2's. The frequency curve looks almost exactly like an hd25's. And dubstep? Meh. I like just calling it all electronic... Especially since a lot of the stuff I find is very... Odd. Listen to this! You'll like it I'm certain. I enjoy orchestra, but I can find electronic music that has just as many parts and layers to it.
smily_headphones1.gif
don't get me wrong. I too started listening to orchestra after buying my new headphones. http://m.soundcloud.com/omnitica/straw-hat-pirates-instrumental there's the song, tell me what ya think.

I started before getting into audio stuff (Halo soundtracks) :p

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #3,523 of 4,655
K, this thread use to be fun. Now... (no comment)

Unsubscibed for now... I'll check back in a few months to see if this has improved.

Jun 28, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #3,524 of 4,655
I've let a few of my teachers try my dt770 pros and all of them had the funniest look on their faces. It's almost amazing how they say, why would you spend more then 100$ on headphones are you crazy. Then I say well I enjoy my music and I'm aware of most things other's are not aware of. BTW if you own any beyers or any bass heavy headphones with a large soundstage listen to this song by tipper ( life raft for a death trip and gulch) tell me what you think please :)

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #3,525 of 4,655
  I've let a few of my teachers try my dt770 pros and all of them had the funniest look on their faces. It's almost amazing how they say, why would you spend more then 100$ on headphones are you crazy. Then I say well I enjoy my music and I'm aware of most things other's are not aware of. BTW if you own any beyers or any bass heavy headphones with a large soundstage listen to this song by tipper ( life raft for a death trip and gulch) tell me what you think please :)

Only one or two of my teachers know why I like my "toys" and often ask about speakers instead... I think they are two different things. Speakers is a much bigger topic of headphones and the like. A small changes can affect the speaker @.@

Users who are viewing this thread

Back