Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jun 26, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3,498 of 4,655
  You guys do know that you can't call yourselves "audiophiles" just because you hate Beats right.

But you can call yourself an audiophile if you have an interest into hi-fi sound reproduction. That's kind of what it means. I'm pretty sure a lot of people on this forum are an audiophile while they think they're not.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #3,499 of 4,655
I remember a friend of mine, listening to one of my Stax for the first time (Lambda NB). She couldn't bear the sound, it was too clear for her, causing her kind of pain, even at very low volume. Very odd. 
basshead.gif

Ali

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #3,500 of 4,655
Started letting some of my coworkers listen to my mobile set up. (iPod touch 5th gen -> V-Moda Vamp Verza -> T-Peos H-300 ) after a few asked what the hell that "battery pack" [they're 1/3 right] thing is.

So I let them listen to their own devices or mine if thy didn't have an iphone 5/5s and find some songs they liked. So firstly, people were already impressed with the IEMs and finally when I used the verza, people (without me telling them what the Vamp Verza actually is/does) actually said it sounded (clearer, crisper) and liked it quite a bit, not a single person decribed it as louder, so that's a bonus. I proceded to tell them what it is and how it works and everyone seemed impressed. One of my friends knew I was interested in this stuff for awhile so he finally said he understood why, and asked for suggestions about what to get. He'll probably be getting the fiio e07k here soon.

Jun 26, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #3,501 of 4,655
Here's the issue, bad impressions are usually in bad environments. So if you want people to really listen to your equipment, maybe be a little forward, it's okay to want to show off, but always let them ask to use it. Secondly, remember, all your music is bad and everyone wants to listen to their own stuff, let them, but also encourage them to use a higher quality file. Try to at least be "okay" when they want to listen to your Sennheiser HD800 with 178kb/s youtube files.

If you force people to listen, although they may comply, they'll say whatever it takes for you to take those damn headphones off them.

Jun 26, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #3,502 of 4,655
Started letting some of my coworkers listen to my mobile set up. (iPod touch 5th gen -> V-Moda Vamp Verza -> T-Peos H-300 ) after a few asked what the hell that "battery pack" [they're 1/3 right] thing is.

So I let them listen to their own devices or mine if thy didn't have an iphone 5/5s and find some songs they liked. So firstly, people were already impressed with the IEMs and finally when I used the verza, people (without me telling them what the Vamp Verza actually is/does) actually said it sounded (clearer, crisper) and liked it quite a bit, not a single person decribed it as louder, so that's a bonus. I proceded to tell them what it is and how it works and everyone seemed impressed. One of my friends knew I was interested in this stuff for awhile so he finally said he understood why, and asked for suggestions about what to get. He'll probably be getting the fiio e07k here soon.

One of us... One of us... One of us!!!

Jun 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #3,503 of 4,655
Here's the issue, bad impressions are usually in bad environments. So if you want people to really listen to your equipment, maybe be a little forward, it's okay to want to show off, but always let them ask to use it. Secondly, remember, all your music is bad and everyone wants to listen to their own stuff, let them, but also encourage them to use a higher quality file. Try to at least be "okay" when they want to listen to your Sennheiser HD800 with 178kb/s youtube files.

If you force people to listen, although they may comply, they'll say whatever it takes for you to take those damn headphones off them.

That's why I don't push my stuff to other people. There's really no point to it.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #3,504 of 4,655
tongue_smile.gif
I don't think so! Hating on beats means that you know what good headphones sound like, and why overbloated bassy headphones are terrible hhahaha. I don't mean to sound too ignorant or anything but considering how many people think beats sound good the people who know that beats aren't good need to be given a cookie and a set of momentums for standing up ​haha

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #3,505 of 4,655
But would you call yourself an audiophile for acknowledging just how badly beats sound, yet only using apple earbuds anyway?

I'm sure a lot of people just hate on beats because they just think any money on headphones is a waste of money.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:36 AM Post #3,506 of 4,655
The main reason I think of myself as an audiophile I guess is because. I own a pair of Samson sr850 and dt770 pros and I have come to realize how good acoustic and classical music sound, coming from only listening to dubstep, I now have much appreciation for all music and high fidelity sound reproduction. I have tried many well known headphones out there and I love and have become obsessed with amps and headphones that I probably can't afford right now because I'm only 17 hahahahah. Beats to me don't sound bad but they sound like something that is extremely genre specific in every aspect of their sound signature. That's why they sound bad because I like everything.

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #3,507 of 4,655
But would you call yourself an audiophile for acknowledging just how badly beats sound, yet only using apple earbuds anyway?

I'm sure a lot of people just hate on beats because they just think any money on headphones is a waste of money.

It's true, a lot of people think every 100+ bucks headphone is overpriced. Or just hate on Beats because everyone does so.
People in my class hate on Beats, although they are in love with the sound signature (They love the bloated and muddy bass, I guess). When I asked them about it "Yeah it's just because it's Beats, Beats sucks".
So I said: But you like the bass in them don't you?
"I do, but It's still Beats. Beats are for douchbags"

Jun 27, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #3,508 of 4,655
A lot of company's probably spend millions of dollars designing headphones. Even the hd800 has a right to be priced at 1500$ because sennheiser put so much hard work into making it, they deserve the money just like all the other hard working company's out there (most people don't understand that fact) but headphones these days are pretty freaking expensive like the stax headphones.

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #3,509 of 4,655
It's true, a lot of people think every 100+ bucks headphone is overpriced. Or just hate on Beats because everyone does so.
People in my class hate on Beats, although they are in love with the sound signature (They love the bloated and muddy bass, I guess). When I asked them about it "Yeah it's just because it's Beats, Beats sucks".
So I said: But you like the bass in them don't you?
"I do, but It's still Beats. Beats are for douchbags"

Sometimes it's because of the people who wear Beats... I adviced a participant of my treassure hunt game to put back his Beats Studio in the bag instead of hooking around the neck and acting like a gangstar. Glad he did and he started playing like how "fun" are supposed to be

Jun 27, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #3,510 of 4,655
Sometimes it's because of the people who wear Beats... I adviced a participant of my treassure hunt game to put back his Beats Studio in the bag instead of hooking around the neck and acting like a gangstar. Glad he did and he started playing like how "fun" are supposed to be

But that's not only with Beats.. I'm acting all gangsta with my Mad Dogs, and on very rare occasions with my Hifiman he-300.. That's in school though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back