Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II
Jun 16, 2014 at 4:08 AM Post #3,481 of 4,655
Non-audiophile reaction to an above average headphone:

My mom said my he-300's had great isolation.. "Wow, I can't hear a thing with these on!"
I don't think she understands what an open headphone is..

That's really...odd. Hasn't she ever worn any headphones before?

Or most likely, it's just her version of "that's nice, honey..." Because she's one of those people who assume that all headphones sound the same and judge headphones exlusively on their ability to isolate. So she's just trying to confirm your purchase by quickly admiring the one aspect that she understands in an attempt for you to...take them off her so she can fix her hair.

Jun 16, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #3,482 of 4,655

Or most likely, it's just her version of "that's nice, honey..." Because she's one of those people who assume that all headphones sound the same and judge headphones exlusively on their ability to isolate. So she's just trying to confirm your purchase by quickly admiring the one aspect that she understands in an attempt for you to...take them off her so she can fix her hair.

Definitely sound like it.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #3,483 of 4,655

My parents, on the other hand, are pretty much like the majority of non-audiophiles -- namely, those that measure sound quality on bass quantity alone. My sister is the only one in the family other than myself who knows what good suond quality really is. Maybe soon, they'll understand...

Jun 16, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #3,484 of 4,655
My parents, on the other hand, are pretty much like the majority of non-audiophiles -- namely, those that measure sound quality on bass quantity alone. My sister is the only one in the family other than myself who knows what good suond quality really is. Maybe soon, they'll understand...

Can't blame them. Bass is the easiest to tell when there is difference IMO

Jun 18, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #3,485 of 4,655
Guys, huge surprise today! So i decided to give a coworker a listen to my signature djs on my e11 with my eq set to 2, figuring he was like the rest of the beats lovers. Then I couldnt believe it when he said that they didnt have enough bass :O

much surprise
such sarcasm
wow

Jun 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #3,487 of 4,655
Guys, huge surprise today! So i decided to give a coworker a listen to my signature djs on my e11 with my eq set to 2, figuring he was like the rest of the beats lovers. Then I couldnt believe it when he said that they didnt have enough bass :O

much surprise
such sarcasm
wow

(Speechless)

Those non-headphone enthusiasts know little on our subject.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #3,488 of 4,655
My friend said that beats are the best, so I let him listen to some rap with my dt770s and my fiio e18 and immediately he started dancing with a big smile on his face. Then I asked him how do they sound and he said 'it's OK I guess' lol what a joke. And I'm the only audiophile in my school everyone else has beats and Bose with apple ear buds.

Jun 26, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #3,489 of 4,655
  My friend said that beats are the best, so I let him listen to some rap with my dt770s and my fiio e18 and immediately he started dancing with a big smile on his face. Then I asked him how do they sound and he said 'it's OK I guess' lol what a joke. And I'm the only audiophile in my school everyone else has beats and Bose with apple ear buds.

Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

Almost forgot to chant 'one of us, one of us!' But I just did, creeped him out.

We should all go to an audiophile school, only audiophiles allowed!

Jun 26, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #3,490 of 4,655
Same here, except for 2 people (One has a HD598, the other one asked me for advice for a gaming headset, happily told him to get the Razer tiamat 2.2's. He didn't like them at first but they listened with my E11, and told me "such a big difference.. are you ever going to sell these?". And then I sold him my E11.

Lol, I would probably enjoy school for once!

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,491 of 4,655

All the classes are about sound signature, amps and DACs, bass distortion, etc.

Jun 26, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #3,494 of 4,655

If an audiophile school is only for audiophiles, then how are we supposed to convert the heathens? No course on non-audiophile conversion will ever be more effective than for a non-audiophile to experience audiophilia for himself in a controlled environment. 

Jun 26, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #3,495 of 4,655
We can just beat him up with our Schiit amps.
Haha, why would you have a Schiit stack in your backpack? I'll slap em with my V-Modas.

If an audiophile school is only for audiophiles, then how are we supposed to convert the heathens? No course on non-audiophile conversion will ever be more effective than for a non-audiophile to experience audiophilia for himself in a controlled environment. 
We would have a once-a-month field trip to the local Best-Buy, or somewhere else where Beats thrive, run around with some cans and show dem what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back