Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 7, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #30,481 of 36,040
Im a k10ua owner looking to upgrade. How much of an upgrade would u say khan is

I would say it is quite a significant step up in clarity and resolution across the board without adding any harshness but you do sacrifice bass quantity. Easy enough to EQ though like I have done.

Jul 7, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #30,482 of 36,040
I would say it is quite a significant step up in clarity and resolution across the board without adding any harshness but you do sacrifice bass quantity. Easy enough to EQ though like I have done.

Ok thanks for that info. I already thought that my k10ua had a very sharp clear sound with a upper midrange peak and somewhat piercing treble so is the khan similar to that or is it smoother.

Jul 7, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #30,484 of 36,040
Ok thanks for that info. I already thought that my k10ua had a very sharp clear sound with a upper midrange peak and somewhat piercing treble so is the khan similar to that or is it smoother.

If you thought the K10ua was already piercing perhaps the Khans might not be for you as they are definitely brighter. As always I would recommend try before you buy.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #30,485 of 36,040
Way more than going to the Encore, but on the flip side they are very different sounds.

I've had the Katana and Encore. The Katana (wizard model) had a persistent fit problem with my right ear but I really enjoyed the sound. The Encore had a better fit (I think because of the weight and size as I have big ears) and with the Fiio M11 has incredible clarity and soundstage but reflected the analytical and dry character of the M11 which made me miss the warmer sound of the Katana..

I've read that the Khan has a little more "meat on the bones" than the Encore. Is this true? Does it have that great Noble soundstage, the clarity of the Encore and the timbre of the Katana?... My dream iem.

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #30,486 of 36,040
I've had the Katana and Encore. The Katana (wizard model) had a persistent fit problem with my right ear but I really enjoyed the sound. The Encore had a better fit (I think because of the weight and size as I have big ears) and with the Fiio M11 has incredible clarity and soundstage but reflected the analytical and dry character of the M11 which made me miss the warmer sound of the Katana..

I've read that the Khan has a little more "meat on the bones" than the Encore. Is this true? Does it have that great Noble soundstage, the clarity of the Encore and the timbre of the Katana?... My dream iem.
Slightly side note, it’s interesting you found the M11 to be analytical and dry... I found it to be a bit overly warm (mostly use it for rock and such), while my AK SR15 is what I pick for neutral and analytical

Jul 7, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #30,487 of 36,040
Slightly side note, it’s interesting you found the M11 to be analytical and dry... I found it to be a bit overly warm (mostly use it for rock and such), while my AK SR15 is what I pick for neutral and analytical

Ha.. I've been going through so many changes with my gear in the last couple months I can't be sure of the ultimate signature of anything. I came to the M11 from the Sony ZX300 and that was definitely warmer. Everything seems so dependant on associated gear...
Maybe I'm wrong about the M11... The reviews of the Encore made me think that what I was hearing was from the M11.
Granted I didn't have the Katana with the M11 so all my characterizations of sound are probably moot.

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #30,488 of 36,040

I feel the Khan has a combination of the Encore and the Katana, the sound stage I feel is wider than both. The balance of the Khan is just amazing to me, everything is there, nothing is overpowering anything else. I still feel the Khan is the best John has made to date, I have said this before, I retired my customs K10 for the Khan. Even with all that, some are still going to like the Encore and Katana more, nothing is perfect.

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #30,489 of 36,040
I feel the Khan has a combination of the Encore and the Katana, the sound stage I feel is wider than both. The balance of the Khan is just amazing to me, everything is there, nothing is overpowering anything else. I still feel the Khan is the best John has made to date, I have said this before, I retired my customs K10 for the Khan. Even with all that, some are still going to like the Encore and Katana more, nothing is perfect.

Thanks... I always knew that Noble would create my perfect iem.. better start putting pennies in the penny jar..

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #30,493 of 36,040
I have a set of these coming to test with my Khan, first time trying them. Spinfit, $10.60 from ebay.

Annotation-2019-07-07-120640.png

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #30,494 of 36,040
I would be very reluctant to move away from customs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back