Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 5, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #28,681 of 36,064
You are in for a real treat. These babies are top tier by all accounts. Huge, huge step up over the encore and katanas in every possible way.

Must be a double step up from my K10s then lol... When you changed to the Spiral Dots did that effect the occasional sharpness you found in the treble?

Dec 5, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #28,682 of 36,064
You are in for a real treat. These babies are top tier by all accounts. Huge, huge step up over the encore and katanas in every possible way.

I am hoping for the clarity of the Katana, the fun of the Encore, with the bass of the Bell. Or even better bass, just DD bass is my point.

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #28,684 of 36,064
Must be a double step up from my K10s then lol... When you changed to the Spiral Dots did that effect the occasional sharpness you found in the treble?

I previously used the noble blue cored tips.

With the spiral dots vs that, it’s definitely smoother, and richer in the midrange.

I think tonal balance to my ears is even better than the katanas.

Using my focal solo6 be as a reference, the tonal balance is pretty close.

Dec 5, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #28,685 of 36,064
I previously used the noble blue cored tips.

With the spiral dots vs that, it’s definitely smoother, and richer in the midrange.

I think tonal balance to my ears is even better than the katanas.

Using my focal solo6 be as a reference, the tonal balance is pretty close.

Nice, I might have to get some of them for my Khan when they arrive!

Dec 5, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #28,686 of 36,064

I have been in this hobby for quite a while, and heard maybe 2, 3 products which made me think they were a step up in the market of in ears. Maybe 2 or 3 over 10 years.

So I am always curious when one product is said to be a huge huge huge huge step up. It must be a once in a lifetime product.

Dec 5, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #28,687 of 36,064
I have been in this hobby for quite a while, and heard maybe 2, 3 products which made me think they were a step up in the market of in ears. Maybe 2 or 3 over 10 years.

So I am always curious when one product is said to be a huge huge huge huge step up. It must be a once in a lifetime product.

@Mimouille I think you mis-read what he said.
These are a "huge huge" step up.
Not a "huge huge huge huge" step up.
For that to happen, you'd need a cable costing at least $2k. And rhodium internal wiring.
And possibly go-faster stripes.

Humour aside, these sound very exciting and I very much hope to get a chance to hear or review or own them myself :D
On the whole, my impression is that @WCDchee is not normally given to hyperbole and is a good person and a reliable reviewer, so I'm very intrigued by his comments :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #28,688 of 36,064

I think you misunderstand me.

You’re right, the way people describe things, you would expect earphones to have soundstages beyond stadiums.

I think the Khan lies among the top of the pile at present. When I say that it’s a huge step up, I was comparing it to the previous flagships. I have often described them to be good earphones due to their wonderful natural tuning, but the past years have revealed other flagships which take it in the technical department.

Is it a Long Long way better than any of the other flagships out there? I don’t think I could say that. If you want speed and transparency, nothing beats the KSE (it has its own set of flaws). If you want that in a non electrostatic setup, nothing beats the dream. You want a big sound with a massive stage? Take the fourte. There are others like ocharaku, but I don’t count those as their semi open, and thus very different devices.

How does the Khan do? The Khan is extremely transparent and revealing matching the fourte, and almost matching the dream. It has a stage bigger than that of the dream and not too far off (albeit different) from the fourte. Tonally, i have no complaints, just wonderful.

I’ve comapred it to some other flagships out there. The legend X has a thunderous bass, but definitely lacks the transparency and tonal accuracy of the Khan (the Khan’s Bass is tight, controlled, deep, and incredible btw), the Sony Z1r falls behind in sheer transparency and overall coherency of the stage to my ears. The UE live, nah not my cup of tea, no comment. Solaris I haven’t tried.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #28,689 of 36,064
@Mimouille I think you mis-read what he said.
These are a "huge huge" step up.
Not a "huge huge huge huge" step up.
For that to happen, you'd need a cable costing at least $2k. And rhodium internal wiring.
And possibly go-faster stripes.

Humour aside, these sound very exciting and I very much hope to get a chance to hear or review or own them myself :D
On the whole, my impression is that @WCDchee is not normally given to hyperbole and is a good person and a reliable reviewer, so I'm very intrigued by his comments :)

I know I haven’t been in the game for a while, but it is nice to see that my opinion and work is valued and appreciated :)

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #28,690 of 36,064
I think you misunderstand me.

You’re right, the way people describe things, you would expect earphones to have soundstages beyond stadiums.

I think the Khan lies among the top of the pile at present. When I say that it’s a huge step up, I was comparing it to the previous flagships. I have often described them to be good earphones due to their wonderful natural tuning, but the past years have revealed other flagships which take it in the technical department.

Is it a Long Long way better than any of the other flagships out there? I don’t think I could say that. If you want speed and transparency, nothing beats the KSE (it has its own set of flaws). If you want that in a non electrostatic setup, nothing beats the dream. You want a big sound with a massive stage? Take the fourte. There are others like ocharaku, but I don’t count those as their semi open, and thus very different devices.

How does the Khan do? The Khan is extremely transparent and revealing matching the fourte, and almost matching the dream. It has a stage bigger than that of the dream and not too far off (albeit different) from the fourte. Tonally, i have no complaints, just wonderful.

I’ve comapred it to some other flagships out there. The legend X has a thunderous bass, but definitely lacks the transparency and tonal accuracy of the Khan (the Khan’s Bass is tight, controlled, deep, and incredible btw), the Sony Z1r falls behind in sheer transparency and overall coherency of the stage to my ears. The UE live, nah not my cup of tea, no comment. Solaris I haven’t tried.
Interesting, I will be sure to try it. Although I don't like the Dream that much. Sounded a bit thin in the mids to me.

Dec 5, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #28,691 of 36,064
Interesting, I will be sure to try it. Although I don't like the Dream that much. Sounded a bit thin in the mids to me.

I look forward to hearing your impressions.

The dream, like the fourte, has one major “flaw”, in that it takes a lot to sound good. I’ve good some pretty good source gear at home and so it really sings but the truth is that most people don’t, and the dream and fourte kinda fall flat with that.

One advantage of the Khan is how easy it is to get them to sing.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #28,692 of 36,064
I look forward to hearing your impressions.

The dream, like the fourte, has one major “flaw”, in that it takes a lot to sound good. I’ve good some pretty good source gear at home and so it really sings but the truth is that most people don’t, and the dream and fourte kinda fall flat with that.

One advantage of the Khan is how easy it is to get them to sing.

I used the Dream on WM1Z balanced.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #28,694 of 36,064
Just a shame about the 4 month wait :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Good things come to those that wait right? Like getting CIEMs all over again :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back