Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 27, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #28,652 of 36,066
So I'd just about given up on my Encores. They just weren't doing it for me on my Mojo after two years. Then I plugged them into my Ayre Codex DAC on my desktop. Holy mother of pearl! The headroom on these IEMs is amazing. They're my favorite headphones now, and I have TH900 MKII and Ether Flows. I need a mobile amp/dac that can do what my desktop DAC is doing. Something with some punch. Any thoughts?
I like the chord Hugo 2. It sounds great with a wide variety of IEM's and Headphones and sounds great fed by an iPhone or mac. Tks.

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #28,656 of 36,066
Hugo 2 -> DX150 -> Noble Katana

8U2xyEK.png

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #28,658 of 36,066
Bit odd the Noble.co.uk website appears to be down :triportsad:

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #28,661 of 36,066
Highly considering..now I gotta sell my mojo, bifrost and asgard 2. Should be close to an even trade.

Eventually I will have the Kahn so I can help people decide if its for them. The AK Kann, nope, I will have my AK240 though, its blue, so we all know it sounds the best because of its color. The real mystery is, will I finally replace my customs with a universal? Time will tell, that's a large task, because without the proper fit, I will be back to my customs.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 12:49 AM Post #28,662 of 36,066
Eventually I will have the Kahn so I can help people decide if its for them. The AK Kann, nope, I will have my AK240 though, its blue, so we all know it sounds the best because of its color. The real mystery is, will I finally replace my customs with a universal? Time will tell, that's a large task, because without the proper fit, I will be back to my customs.

To be honest that is my biggest concern with the Khan, roll on March is what I say! If they don't fit I will still have my K10s, let's just hope if that happens I am not corrupted by the Khan's superior sound lol...

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:27 AM Post #28,663 of 36,066
To be honest that is my biggest concern with the Khan, roll on March is what I say! If they don't fit I will still have my K10s, let's just hope if that happens I am not corrupted by the Khan's superior sound lol...

I have a seal using the Bell, so its possible for a universal to work for me. But in all honesty, the Bell is the first that have, and that includes offerings from other companies. The longer nozzle on the Khan might do it, fingers crossed. I also decided to start spelling Khan properly.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #28,664 of 36,066
I have a seal using the Bell, so its possible for a universal to work for me. But in all honesty, the Bell is the first that have, and that includes offerings from other companies. The longer nozzle on the Khan might do it, fingers crossed. I also decided to start spelling Khan properly.

To be honest I have never had a problem with universals, my experience from ownership is of deep insertion IEMs though like the Shure SE215, Audiofly AF180 and Westone W60. The only time I have tried the shallower larger IEM types is when I originally demoed and purchased the K10 then a few months later the Katana at CanJam London 2016.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #28,665 of 36,066
To be honest I have never had a problem with universals, my experience from ownership is of deep insertion IEMs though like the Shure SE215, Audiofly AF180 and Westone W60. The only time I have tried the shallower larger IEM types is when I originally demoed and purchased the K10 then a few months later the Katana at CanJam London 2016.

I was a Shure SE215 owner, I didn't have them but a few days before getting the TF10. I cant remember for sure if I did have seal issues with those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back