Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 25, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #28,636 of 36,065
You know, I once told John that a hybridized Encore would be something else. I'm sure he was already working on a prototype at that point in time, but I'm glad he brought to fruition that idea.

While I'm not ready to take the plunge just yet (I need to save money for something else - not audio), I'll be happy to get one sometime in the near future.

Can't wait to try the Khans once the demo units hit the stores.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #28,637 of 36,065
For those of you considering the mojo as a source, be careful.

I use a heavily balanced modded one myself and it sounds phenomenal.

The stock mojo sounds fantastic too, but there is a caveat. The mojo is very sensitive to the transport that is feeding it. Do not simply feed it with any random player and expect it to sound equally good off any player.

One player which I have found to pair excellently is the Onkyo dp-x1a with the furutech ADL USB cable. I only use it when sitting down for a longer period of time though.

Nov 25, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #28,638 of 36,065
You know, I once told John that a hybridized Encore would be something else. I'm sure he was already working on a prototype at that point in time, but I'm glad he brought to fruition that idea.

While I'm not ready to take the plunge just yet (I need to save money for something else - not audio), I'll be happy to get one sometime in the near future.

Can't wait to try the Khans once the demo units hit the stores.

Hope to see you at the next Signappre show

Screenshot_20181126-074812_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 25, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #28,640 of 36,065
For those of you considering the mojo as a source, be careful.

I use a heavily balanced modded one myself and it sounds phenomenal.

The stock mojo sounds fantastic too, but there is a caveat. The mojo is very sensitive to the transport that is feeding it. Do not simply feed it with any random player and expect it to sound equally good off any player.

One player which I have found to pair excellently is the Onkyo dp-x1a with the furutech ADL USB cable. I only use it when sitting down for a longer period of time though.

I'd like to learn about the Mojo mod (via PM or elsewhere, don't want to jack the thread too much). BTW, which sources didn't sound great with Mojo? I've only used AK products (straight and modded AK240, AK120II).

Nov 26, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #28,642 of 36,065
The AK UI looks slick indeed. Decisions, decisions...

Thank you for the warning. Darko sounded so positive... :-/

Man, now I am leaning towards the SR15 again.
I know, Darko makes the Poly sound like the greatest thing since sliced bread and that it is easy to use. But the sound is excellent, and you only need the Mojo to get the sound. Tks.

Nov 27, 2018 at 2:49 AM Post #28,643 of 36,065
So I'd just about given up on my Encores. They just weren't doing it for me on my Mojo after two years. Then I plugged them into my Ayre Codex DAC on my desktop. Holy mother of pearl! The headroom on these IEMs is amazing. They're my favorite headphones now, and I have TH900 MKII and Ether Flows. I need a mobile amp/dac that can do what my desktop DAC is doing. Something with some punch. Any thoughts?

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:23 AM Post #28,644 of 36,065
So I'd just about given up on my Encores. They just weren't doing it for me on my Mojo after two years. Then I plugged them into my Ayre Codex DAC on my desktop. Holy mother of pearl! The headroom on these IEMs is amazing. They're my favorite headphones now, and I have TH900 MKII and Ether Flows. I need a mobile amp/dac that can do what my desktop DAC is doing. Something with some punch. Any thoughts?

DX200+AMP8 does it for me with my encores.

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #28,647 of 36,065
The AK UI looks slick indeed. Decisions, decisions...

Thank you for the warning. Darko sounded so positive... :-/

Man, now I am leaning towards the SR15 again.

Not sure what your total budget is for a player, but going up the AK line has always shown slight improvement in SQ. If you want the higher end players, check the FS/FT section here on the forums, getting a used player can save money and allow you to jump into their higher end, if the budget allows of course.

Nov 27, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #28,648 of 36,065
Not sure what your total budget is for a player, but going up the AK line has always shown slight improvement in SQ. If you want the higher end players, check the FS/FT section here on the forums, getting a used player can save money and allow you to jump into their higher end, if the budget allows of course.
They rocket up in price pretty fast!

Nov 27, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #28,650 of 36,065
Their pricing can be criminal at times, but hey, if people quit buying them at full retail, the prices would come down. I will always recommend people buying used.
I hope that the SR15 is a nice player in its own right. It might be entry level for AK. Pretty much max for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back