Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 17, 2017 at 5:22 AM Post #26,581 of 36,116
I'm saying that I would prefer that person to be concentrating and bringing to bear all that expertise. When Gisele did my impressions she was very thorough and did them several times before she was happy. As a result I got an excellent fit. Although my Ciems did have to go back for a tiny adjustment. It's a simple process but prone to creating problems from the get go IME.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #26,582 of 36,116
Few days with Noble 6 just behind. I like how they sound more and more. Now i can better hear details and Lows are quite good, i think i didn't hear nothing similar with my previous sm64. Highs are rolled off and i can listening music for hours without any boring feeling.
Mids are just amazing on guitars, they drive me crazy on live concerts. My favourite band BMTH and "live at wembley" is just amazing. Also i wonder why i hear something muddy on mids. i can't explain but for example if i go with Why She Sleeps We are You album - sm64 and my Fostex t50rp balance mode they sound like hi-res audio and Noble don't.

Dec 21, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #26,583 of 36,116
Velvet's arrived. Giving a quick listen now. Very comfortable and compact.

Dec 21, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #26,584 of 36,116
My Velvets arrived as well. Initial impressions out of an iPhone 6s: significantly veiled, detailed, very good instrument separation, middling soundstage, bass is well-controlled, wonderful build quality.

Update: the Velvets scale well with volume, i.e. they don't lose their character at low volume levels. Isolation is fair+.

I wish Noble made a “Silk” by taking the basic concept of the Velvet but giving the earphone more sparkle.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #26,585 of 36,116
[QUOTE="H T T,

I wish Noble made a “Silk” by taking the basic concept of the Velvet but giving the earphone more sparkle.[/QUOTE]

As I have mentioned before:

The EDC is a product line/category.

There will be different sound qualities, different price points, and different driver tech being used through out the category

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 22, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #26,586 of 36,116
[QUOTE="H T T,

I wish Noble made a “Silk” by taking the basic concept of the Velvet but giving the earphone more sparkle.

As I have mentioned before:

The EDC is a product line/category.

There will be different sound qualities, different price points, and different driver tech being used through out the category[/QUOTE]

I am aware that you posted about the EDC being a line. I was putting in my “wish list” for the next EDC model. :wink: I think that the Velvet will appeal to a broad swath of listeners and is a worthy competitor at that price range.

Dec 22, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #26,587 of 36,116
  • Unexpected advantage of going the custom IEM route: my Kaiser Encores stayed firmly lodged in my head whilst my iPhone disappeared rapidly up Tottenham Court Road courtesy of a scumbag on a moped.
  • Unexpected disadvantage of going the custom IEM route: I didn't hear the moped coming.

Dec 22, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #26,588 of 36,116
  • Unexpected advantage of going the custom IEM route: my Kaiser Encores stayed firmly lodged in my head whilst my iPhone disappeared rapidly up Tottenham Court Road courtesy of a scumbag on a moped.
  • Unexpected disadvantage of going the custom IEM route: I didn't hear the moped coming.
Took it right out of your hand? Scumbag for sure!

Dec 22, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #26,589 of 36,116
Took it right out of your hand?

Yup! Was wandering back from a work dinner towards Warren Street station (in central London). In my own little world, thanks to the fearsome isolation abilities of the cIEMs. Was just checking the map on the phone to make sure I knew where I was going, felt a slight nudge on my right, and before I twigged what was going on a gloved hand had grabbed my phone, gunned it off up the pavement, back onto the road, and away. I gave chase, but it turns out my top speed isn't as high as a moped's at full chat, so didn't get them (had I thought it through, I'd have known they were coming up to a major junction, and would have carried on on the off chance that I could have clubbed the thief upside the head with a nearby bin or something).

All good in the end – they didn't think to put the phone into Flight Mode, so although I had a long and nerve-wracking journey back home (down on the south coast), I was able to erase the phone from afar. I've made a couple of little security tweaks to the replacement handset (I was insured; new handset turned up within 60 hours of the mugging happening – which ain't bad!) – basically turned off the ability to invoke either Control Centre or Siri when then phone is locked. The former stops anyone from being able to put the phone into Flight Mode or otherwise take it offline (so other than turning it off, they wouldn't be able to stop a remote erase); the latter stops anyone from asking the ever-helpful Siri questions like 'what's my landline number?' or 'where do I live?'. Not 100% sure what can be got via Siri at the lock screen, but I suspect it's enough info to bolt together some phishing attempts.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #26,590 of 36,116
Yup! Was wandering back from a work dinner towards Warren Street station. In my own little world, thanks to the fearsome isolation abilities of the cIEMs. Was just checking the map on the phone to make sure I knew where I was going, felt a slight nudge on my right, and before I twigged what was going on a gloved hand had grabbed my phone, gunned it off up the pavement, back onto the road, and away. I gave chase, but it turns out my top speed isn't as high as a moped's at full chat, so didn't get them (had I thought it through, I'd have known they were coming up to a major junction, and would have carried on on the off chance that I could have clubbed the thief upside the head with a nearby bin or something).

All good in the end – they didn't think to put the phone into Flight Mode, so although I had a long and nerve-wracking journey back home (down on the south coast), I was able to erase the phone from afar. I've made a couple of little security tweaks to the replacement handset (I was insured; new handset turned up within 60 hours of the mugging happening – which ain't bad!) – basically turned off the ability to invoke either Control Centre or Siri when then phone is locked. The former stops anyone from being able to put the phone into Flight Mode or otherwise take it offline (so other than turning it off, they wouldn't be able to stop a remote erase); the latter stops anyone from asking the ever-helpful Siri questions like 'what's my landline number?' or 'where do I live?'. Not 100% sure what can be got via Siri at the lock screen, but I suspect it's enough info to bolt together some phishing attempts.

That is so screwed up. I live in Missouri. You can imagine how alien a mugging like that is to me. I would be such easy prey in a big city. :flushed:

Dec 22, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #26,591 of 36,116
Yup! Was wandering back from a work dinner towards Warren Street station (in central London). In my own little world, thanks to the fearsome isolation abilities of the cIEMs. Was just checking the map on the phone to make sure I knew where I was going, felt a slight nudge on my right, and before I twigged what was going on a gloved hand had grabbed my phone, gunned it off up the pavement, back onto the road, and away. I gave chase, but it turns out my top speed isn't as high as a moped's at full chat, so didn't get them (had I thought it through, I'd have known they were coming up to a major junction, and would have carried on on the off chance that I could have clubbed the thief upside the head with a nearby bin or something).

[/SPOILER] That's a really horrible thing to happen to you. Very good security tips.
QUOTE="PinkyPowers, post: 13930263, member: 419286"]That is so screwed up. I live in Missouri. You can imagine how alien a mugging like that is to me. I would be such easy prey in a big city. :flushed:[/QUOTE]
Thankfully London is still relatively safe. I travel around late at night on public transport due to the nature of my work. I've never had a problem. I do know people who have so I have just been lucky I guess. When things go wrong it is nasty. I'm sure it would really rattle my confidence.

Dec 22, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #26,592 of 36,116
Thankfully London is still relatively safe. I travel around late at night on public transport due to the nature of my work. I've never had a problem. I do know people who have so I have just been lucky I guess. When things go wrong it is nasty. I'm sure it would really rattle my confidence.

I think most people feel safe until something like that happens, and the illusion is shattered forever. The truth is, no place is truly safe. I just don't like to think about that. :)

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #26,593 of 36,116
And this is why I never leave my house... Much safer... Right...?

Dec 22, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #26,595 of 36,116
I think most people feel safe until something like that happens, and the illusion is shattered forever. The truth is, no place is truly safe. I just don't like to think about that. :)

This is why I travel extensively with wonder woman by my side

(In my eyes, she can do anything)

1499396860860.jpg

Last edited:
Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back