Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 6, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #11,566 of 36,135
Jun 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #11,568 of 36,135
Hi everyone first post and its a question sorry.

I have just bought a Sony ZX2 which is currently going through its 100 hour burn in process.
I am looking to buy some quality iem to replace my aged Shure 530's.

I would love to get the K10 universal but the Noble website is showing out of stock and has been for a while now.
Does anyone know if they will be making more or is the only way of getting these now having to go ciem.?

I really cannot be bothered with the hassle of the molds and sending them to the US (I am in the UK) for them to get lost in the post etc etc

The alternative is the N6 but I am in two minds as I would always know that the sound could have been better.

thanks
Darren

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #11,569 of 36,135
I have just bought a Sony ZX2 which is currently going through its 100 hour burn in process.

I'm the same actually, have a ZX2 arriving any day now, didn't want the hassle of getting a CIEM and waiting etc, hence I got me a Noble Savant. There's still some waiting involved, but at least you know when to expect them.

I do believe they have more K10Us incoming, but the guys from Noble would be better placed to tell you more. By the way, any reason you're not thinking of the Savant?

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #11,570 of 36,135
Hi Noble Teams,

I just bought my new K10U last week, and like other satisfied users, I signed up Head-Fi forum to say thank you. 

I decided to buy K10U after about 20 minutes of audition on my LG G3 mobile phone.  Before that, I had no clue IEM could cost >$1.5K, nor I understand how in the world 10 drivers can be inserted into an IEM earpiece.  And they are light weight too.  The earphones didn't look as exotic as many other cheaper ones.  That's an advantage to me, I didn't need to worry to explain to my family, friends or boss.  Anyway, as soon as I listened to it I was addicted to it.  I just loved them.  The music was crystal clear, very detailed but not overwhelming, music was evenly distributed across the sonic spectrum. 

So I bought them.  After I went home, I plugged them to my Mytek 8X192 DAC, and wow!  I found the sound I have been searching for years.  With a proper source and headphone amp, the sound was even more musical and accurate.  The bass was tight, just right and not overkill, I could enjoy music for hours and hours without feeling fatigue. 

I then went to your web site and found that K10U was on backlog. 

So, just one last question is that I am looking for a matching DAP or DAC, in order to fully explorer it's potential.  If you have any recommendation please feel free to let me know.  Or if you have already answered somewhere within this forum just ignore my stupid question :)

Greetings from Hong Kong! 

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #11,571 of 36,135
I would love to get the K10 universal but the Noble website is showing out of stock and has been for a while now.
Does anyone know if they will be making more or is the only way of getting these now having to go ciem.?

Just contact Brannan via the contact form on the Noble website.

Ordered mine this way a few days ago.

The K10U is currently being built to order and, according to Brannan, the wait time is around 4-6 weeks.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #11,572 of 36,135
  Aaahhh... the day that the Noble thread GIF-fetish went to far
tongue_smile.gif

What are you talking about? You can never go too far.

Still, I'm going to refrain from posting one of my own. 
ph34r.gif

Anyway, I will be out of town for the next few days, and I probably won't have access to an internet connection most of the time, so enjoy, folks! I'll see you guys next week. Till then, long live Noble!

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #11,573 of 36,135
Hey Guys,

Since moving from the AK240 + JH Audio Roxanne combo to the ZX2 + Roxanne I've noticed that everything I loved about the Roxanne with the AK240 is now potentially too much of a good thing with the ZX2 i.e. I thought the AK240's dynamics and pace were the perfect foil for the Roxanne's extremely organic and musical mid-range and bass. With the ZX2 I feel my self feeling as if the mid-range with the Roxanne is a touch too lush, thereby taking away a bit of the sense of timing and dynamics that's so important with relatively complex and layered EDM. Further to this I also feel the high frequency extension on the Roxanne's is again just a touch too rolled off. 

As luck would have it I have an opportunity to purchase a pair Noble K10 Universals. I'm considering doing that and want to ask the K10 + ZX2 users out there a few questions:

1) Aside from the discharge hiss you hear when you start the unit is there any hiss when using the K10's with the ZX2?
2) Has anyone out there gone from the Roxanne's to the K10 with the ZX2 - if so what was your experience?
3) Are there any EDM fans out there who listen to my genre's with the K10 + ZX2. If so what's your experience been?

What I'm really after is a little bit more sparkle up top with out stepping into trebble that's bright or etched while retaining a full bodied presentation through the mid-range and appropriate separation and impact through the bass. LOL. Not really asking for much! :) 

Cheers,
GS

Jun 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #11,574 of 36,135
  Hi everyone first post and its a question sorry.

I really cannot be bothered with the hassle of the molds and sending them to the US (I am in the UK) for them to get lost in the post etc etc

The alternative is the N6 but I am in two minds as I would always know that the sound could have been better.

thanks
Darren

People ship molds all the time without issues, just saying. Customs are so worth the little extra money for impressions, just to have a proper fit, no more tips to worry about, not to mention the amazing quality and choices they give you.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #11,576 of 36,135
They really are works of art.

Thanks for your help guys. I had not realised you could order hem via the backdoor.

However Watagump has me wondering just to make the effort to get the customs. I expect these will last for a long long time so do it once and do it right.
I will let you know how I got on

ekineko I did not consider the Savants as I wanted the best of the range which I suppose is the K10

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #11,577 of 36,135
  They really are works of art.

Thanks for your help guys. I had not realised you could order hem via the backdoor.

However Watagump has me wondering just to make the effort to get the customs. I expect these will last for a long long time so do it once and do it right.
I will let you know how I got on

ekineko I did not consider the Savants as I wanted the best of the range which I suppose is the K10

A custom is the same price as the universal, only when you start going for certain things that the price jumps. You can get the color choice you prefer and even get a nice wood faceplate, still $1599. So for the same price, you get something way way way nicer looking.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #11,578 of 36,135
  Hi Noble Teams,

I just bought my new K10U last week, and like other satisfied users, I signed up Head-Fi forum to say thank you. 

I decided to buy K10U after about 20 minutes of audition on my LG G3 mobile phone.  Before that, I had no clue IEM could cost >$1.5K, nor I understand how in the world 10 drivers can be inserted into an IEM earpiece.  And they are light weight too.  The earphones didn't look as exotic as many other cheaper ones.  That's an advantage to me, I didn't need to worry to explain to my family, friends or boss.  Anyway, as soon as I listened to it I was addicted to it.  I just loved them.  The music was crystal clear, very detailed but not overwhelming, music was evenly distributed across the sonic spectrum. 

So I bought them.  After I went home, I plugged them to my Mytek 8X192 DAC, and wow!  I found the sound I have been searching for years.  With a proper source and headphone amp, the sound was even more musical and accurate.  The bass was tight, just right and not overkill, I could enjoy music for hours and hours without feeling fatigue. 

I then went to your web site and found that K10U was on backlog. 

So, just one last question is that I am looking for a matching DAP or DAC, in order to fully explorer it's potential.  If you have any recommendation please feel free to let me know.  Or if you have already answered somewhere within this forum just ignore my stupid question :)

Greetings from Hong Kong! 

Well, since you are already in for $1600, go for the new AK380 which is available in Hong Kong now! Or wait another month and you will see many AK240s on classified here for probably $1500 or less. I would recommend you go balanced amp so AK or the new HM 901s is also shipping now. If you want to stay with SE amp, then Lotoo PAW Gold  is a solid choice. On the opposite end of the spectrum of affordable DAPs, the iBasso DX90 and Fiio X3ii and X5ii (not shipping yet) are popular choices. My only comment on the iBasso and Fiio is that the sound is not much better than just iPhone 6 from my limited time trying those. None of em convinced me to carry around both my phone and the DAP. AK on the other has convinced me otherwise and I find myself taking my walks outside with just my AK and no phone.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #11,579 of 36,135

Well, since you are already in for $1600, go for the new AK380 which is available in Hong Kong now! Or wait another month and you sell see many AK240s on classified here for probably $1500 or less. I would recommend you go balanced amp so AK or the new HM 901s is also shipping now. If you want to stay with SE amp, then Lotoo PAW Gold  is a solid choice. On the opposite end of the spectrum of affordable DAPs, the iBasso DX90 and Fiio X3ii and X5ii (not shipping yet) are popular choices. My only comment on the iBasso and Fiio is that the sound is not much better than just iPhone 6 from my limited time trying those. None of em convinced me to carry around both my phone and the DAP. AK on the other has convinced me otherwise and I find myself talking my walks outside with just my AK and no phone.

In true Head-fi fashion, we will show you how to blow your money in no time.
beerchug.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #11,580 of 36,135

Hey Loquah,

I hope you are well!

Let me begin with the fact that I love the SE846 so people don't read me as a crazy fan boy.

If I could add two additional observations-

1. The K10 Soundstage is appreciably bigger
2. The K10 Midrange is far less congested than SE846.
Otherwise, agree. The K10 is what shure wants to build for the SE1246...at least two generations from now.

I am really glad to hear that.  I am really enjoying my 846-Sensaphonics custom sleeve-Ted's silver litz cable combo through my Calyx M.  While waiting for my K10s to be finished, I have gone back and listened to my N6 universals, which I used to love, and find that I really prefer a lot about the Shure combo over them, to the point that i have been fretting over my decision to buy the K10s.  Side by side I have regarded the K10 as better than the N6, finding the 10 more balanced and open/detailed/resolving than the 6 (universal versions, both), while the 6 now is feeling a bit too warm/rich for me..... I've ordered a 2-pin silver litz cable from Ted to match my MMCX cable to compare apples to apples, but have not received it yet.

I am not sure how much of this is the unfair advantage of the customized "tips" for my 846s, as these are the closest thing I have had to customs.  I am also curious at this point how the acrylic is going to perform and fit, vs. the silicone - I was a bit surprised that the customs are a bit "harder/slower" to insert and remove than universals....

Anyway.... enough rambling 'worrying out loud'.  If any of this made sense or sounded familiar, I'd love to hear your thoughts.  

Happy weekend! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back