Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #11,581 of 36,038
Things zip along pretty. quickly in this thread - those Noble boys sure are busy.

Curious about the Savants - are they essentially a re-tune of the N4's (of which I have a Wizard edition pair)? Can't see any info on drivers anywhere. Seems strange that reviewers are choosing to make comparisons with the K10's, yet the price point is closer to the N4's.

Also wondering if there're any plans for Wizard edit K10U's or Savants? The absence on the Noble site of any ltd ed faceplates on universal bodies suggests this approach has been abandoned.

Apologies in advance if any of the above has been asked & answered in any of the preceding 50 or-so pages.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #11,582 of 36,038
Things zip along pretty. quickly in this thread - those Noble boys sure are busy.

Curious about the Savants - are they essentially a re-tune of the N4's (of which I have a Wizard edition pair)? Can't see any info on drivers anywhere. Seems strange that reviewers are choosing to make comparisons with the K10's, yet the price point is closer to the N4's.

Also wondering if there're any plans for Wizard edit K10U's or Savants? The absence on the Noble site of any ltd ed faceplates on universal bodies suggests this approach has been abandoned.

Apologies in advance if any of the above has been asked & answered in any of the preceding 50 or-so pages.

Noble is playing coy with us, they wont tell us how many drivers are in the Savant. I forgot to bring alcohol to The Show to try and coax it out of Brannan. The reason people are putting them against the K10 is the balance of them along with them being kind of a baby K10, at a much lower price. The 4 has a heavier bass presence, the K10 has a deeper tonality to vocals, the Savant is sitting in the middle of the 2.

Jun 6, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #11,583 of 36,038
Have been playing with the BTS a bunch and felt I should post on a question that came up earlier. 

Using the BTS to feed my K10's I don't notice the drop off in bass that was posted about here by a fellow Head-Fier a while ago. For a wireless setup I'm happy with the level of low-end on the K10's fed by the BTS. For example on REM's "9-9" from Murmur the bass notes in the into come across very well. 

Has anyone else had any issues with bass over the BTS? Wonder if that was a issue with the one person's unit or their equipment chain? 

Cheers

Jun 6, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #11,585 of 36,038
  Have been playing with the BTS a bunch and felt I should post on a question that came up earlier. 

Using the BTS to feed my K10's I don't notice the drop off in bass that was posted about here by a fellow Head-Fier a while ago. For a wireless setup I'm happy with the level of low-end on the K10's fed by the BTS. For example on REM's "9-9" from Murmur the bass notes in the into come across very well. 

Has anyone else had any issues with bass over the BTS? Wonder if that was a issue with the one person's unit or their equipment chain? 

Cheers

I think I lost a little bass fullness as well.  However, the main reason to use the BTS is convenience.  When I'm in situations where convenience is the highest priority, the environment is not exactly conducive to critical listening and needing to hear every little nuance in the music.  I'm more than satisfied with the product....except that voice that talks to me telling me the device is on or turning off.  I want to slap the voice :p

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #11,587 of 36,038

Have a little faith, young Jedi.

With that, he might have ended up giving you his stake in the business. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #11,589 of 36,038

Cheers

Would the source's blue tooth capabilities be the biggest factor?  I've had phones that were much more effective than others.

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #11,590 of 36,038
Noble is playing coy with us, they wont tell us how many drivers are in the Savant. I forgot to bring alcohol to The Show to try and coax it out of Brannan. The reason people are putting them against the K10 is the balance of them along with them being kind of a baby K10, at a much lower price. The 4 has a heavier bass presence, the K10 has a deeper tonality to vocals, the Savant is sitting in the middle of the 2.

Savant has more low end than the 4. :wink:

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #11,591 of 36,038

Wizard iems are built when time allows for them to be built.

The Savant isn't a retune of any noble product being offered today, and does not have any drivers in common with any current noble product offered today

The statement by wata that the 4 has more bass is the first I have ever heard in that regard and from a graphical perspective the 4's bass response is essentially non existent when compared to the savant

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 6, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #11,592 of 36,038
Wizard iems are built when time allows for them to be built.

The Savant isn't a retune of any noble product being offered today, and does not have any drivers in common with any current noble product offered today

The statement by wata that the 4 has more bass is the first I have ever heard in that regard and from a graphical perspective the 4's bass response is essentially non existent when compared to the savant

This is why I don't like trying to talk about what I heard when it comes to bass response etc etc. I suck as describing it. I could swear the 4 had deeper bass over the Savant.

Jun 6, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #11,594 of 36,038
I'd venture to guess u had an ear tip seal issue

That's possible, I might of tested different tracks instead of making sure about that also. Without taking notes and being specific, I could easily make mistakes. That's the last thing I want to do when trying to help people choose. This is why I never want to be a reviewer. I do know for sure I went from the N4 to the Savant to the K10, with me liking the K10 the most. By the way, grats on the latest triple crown winner.

Jun 6, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #11,595 of 36,038

This is why I don't like trying to talk about what I heard when it comes to bass response etc etc. I suck as describing it. I could swear the 4 had deeper bass over the Savant.

My experience of N4 is that there is a brutal honesty to it's low end. Bass response is very track specific. If the track has bass, you get well defined but measured bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back